Trendy Condominiums

I'm really sick of this.

This project is well over a year and a half late in completion and now construction has halted AGAIN.

There was a big push on late last year and I really thought they would complete by April this year AS PROMISED but nothing has happened since December.

I inspected again today and again....got the complete run around by Grande Asset staff...this time they say they sacked the building cotractors and are getting new ones to complete the project.

How soon?....no answer except to say completion date is now August....BULLDUST.

Tomorrow I will see my lawyer about getting my 25% deposit back, anyone out there know if this is posible? or have I done my money and should look elsewhere?

Any feedback on this issue would be apreciated.

Frustrated

Tomorrow I will see my lawyer about getting my 25% deposit back, anyone out there know if this is posible? or have I done my money and should look elsewhere?

Any feedback on this issue would be apreciated.

Frustrated

Refund policy should be spelled out in your contract. Developers always give themselves some wiggle room, often a year on a big project.

This doesnt just happen here im afraid.

I bought off plan in Florida, USA and am having similar problems!!!!

Wait a minute Martin.... You are supposed to have a major-full-blown-soon-to-be crash in real estate market over there, right ?

:o

So could it be that... it's the same situation in Thailand ?

Ah non, of course, I forgot : "the market is healthy". :D

More seriously, Grand Asset is not what we would call a "small" and shaddy company. So, it's easy to understand how can work other -smaller- companies.

By the way, some of them, have decided to.. postpone their projects. Like for instance Ocean.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/04...ss_30031036.php

This is weird, isn't it ? I mean, the market is healthy. :D

"they sacked the building cotractors and are getting new ones to complete the project"

Since you know the reason, why did you start this thread with "why has construction halted?" You know the reason.

Edited by backflip

"they sacked the building cotractors and are getting new ones to complete the project"

Since you know the reason, why did you start this thread with "why has construction halted?" You know the reason.

Hi backflip

I don't believe it is true, thats why I started this thread. When I push staff for details they just give me the runaround. I have been more than patient and now I am starting to worry. My gut feeling is they have run out of money and I am just asking others if they have more information...if there is any out there :o

"I don't believe it is true, "

You asked a question, and then you question the answer. Hmmm... They gave you the "runaround". What does that mean? They answered the question, and you weren't satisfied, and pressed for more details? What sort of details could they have provided that would have left you satisfied? Answer: none. You're upset, and the truth be darned.

Has construction stopped on the project next door? Heck, they're owned by the same company.

Let's assume you are absolutely correct: they lied to you, and the project is bankrupt. Now, what are you going to do?

Guest RealEstateBroker

A little late for some of you.

Never never buy a condo off a plan even when the market looks

like you will hit the jackpot. For sure sometimes you will win but

its all about the odds. The odds change very quickly in Thailand.

Have I done it ? Yes several times, the last time I almost lost

my ass....never again, well at least never again until the new

goverment or the next goverment or the next goverment etc.

clears up the whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I inspected a 7th floor studio on April 9th ...absolutely no change since we saw it on January 3rd !

There has been some development to the swimming pool area and all shopping mall units are now glazed, but progress on the residential side is minimal. Shopping entrance is complete with escalators. Very few workers on site.

Grande Asset staff gave me, too, a run around sales chat about the positives of "trendy".

They now say completion by middle of the year.

For what it's worth, I'm e mailing them weekly

[email protected]

and have had a lawyer's letter drafted to ask for an updated time of completion.

Would be good to hear from anyone else out there.

LL

Hi

I inspected a 7th floor studio on April 9th ...absolutely no change since we saw it on January 3rd !

There has been some development to the swimming pool area and all shopping mall units are now glazed, but progress on the residential side is minimal. Shopping entrance is complete with escalators. Very few workers on site.

Grande Asset staff gave me, too, a run around sales chat about the positives of "trendy".

[email protected]

and have had a lawyer's letter drafted to ask for an updated time of completion.

LL

Hi LL

I guess we have just got to wait..."Thai time" :o

A friend emailed me yesterday and informed me there are workers back on site, not many but there is activity.

I would like to know if they have signed up a new contractor to finish the work.

Hi

[email protected]

LL

Hi LL

A friend emailed me yesterday and informed me there are workers back on site, not many but there is activity.

I would like to know if they have signed up a new contractor to finish the work.

is this more of your "proof that the condo market is booming" as your other thread claimed livinginexile?.........

ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN

Fears of lay-offs grow by the day

Cement sales dropped by 4.6 per cent, revenue of specific business tax contracted by 0.1 per cent, and statistics indicated that investment in the property sector had dropped.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/28...es_30032932.php

Let's assume you are absolutely correct: they lied to you, and the project is bankrupt. Now, what are you going to do?

He's going to ask you for some more of your great advice Backflip. If you think we're all whiners, and you hate reading our discussions, then why do you read them - and then whinge back?

As for Grande Asset - I remember when they took over this project and some posters were saying how positive that was to get the previously stalled developments going again...

"As for Grande Asset - I remember when they took over this project..."

Do ya now, that's terrific, thaigene2. Grande Asset has always been the developer of the Trendy condo, and the Regents project next door. So, we don't know when you post "took over the project" - took over from whom? Prior to that, the building was the serviced apartment wing of the Ambassador Hotel - didn't you know that?

As for the aggrieved buyer in question...he only wanted to complain - he didn't want out of the sales agreement. The Trendy has a waiting list for some types of units and, if he was serious about dumping his unit, he'd konw that. But, he's not, and he doesn't.

Unlike you, thaigene2, not all TVers are whiners.

Hi

[email protected]

LL

Hi LL

is this more of your "proof that the condo market is booming" as your other thread claimed livinginexile?.........

ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN

Cement sales dropped by 4.6 per cent, revenue of specific business tax contracted by 0.1 per cent, and statistics indicated that investment in the property sector had dropped.

ROFL, that statement by the OP of this thread, was the most ludicrous that I have ever heard. Another one was the "I'm going to get a lawyer and try and get my 25% deposit back". LOL, like that would ever happen in a million years.

So what are the predictions on this project? finished by the middle of the year? What year? LOL. Looks to me like we'll be seeing retail stores open in there loooooong before condos are ready. I walk by this project EVERYDAY; trust me there is NOTHING going on. I'll be the 1st to let you know if anything happens. A day doesnt go by when I'm not outside that project. As for me, I did buy a condo at the end of Soi 11 and is now 95% complete and will be open by mid year. I'm not sure I want to believe even that. Oh btw, I need to do another LOL for the guy who's emailing them daily as if that will do any good.

ROFLMAO

Edited by Jim Abbott

back in 1997, there was this crash... as a result, there is this place over next to homepro plus (intersection wittayu and sukhumvit) that never got built. all there is - is this front office. behind the small front office is this huge - like in HUGE - one block size of empty space where a building is suppose to be.

have you seen it? between homepro plus and the gas station. you can't miss it if you get off the ploenchit BTS.

the story I heard was that the developers took all these deposits, and skipped town.

as for the trendy, I hope this is not the case for that development since I too have friends who bought there. but only time will tell.

last, but not least, I happen to have a friend in the real estate industry here. and he has personally told me he believes there will be a crash here. why, you ask? because there are too many developments going on at the same time. too many for the market to absorb.

The site you speak of has been sold to the guy behind the Oishi enterprise. Fantastic site by the way, that is a great example of Prime Thai real estate. (No Im not involved in it)

Expect plans to be announced shortly (and the last I heard no its not going to be condo's).

The developer's you speak of never skipped town in fact the show room was also their office up until they sold it last year. I know because I met them there.

The site you speak of has been sold to the guy behind the Oishi enterprise. Fantastic site by the way, that is a great example of Prime Thai real estate. (No Im not involved in it)

Expect plans to be announced shortly (and the last I heard no its not going to be condo's).

The developer's you speak of never skipped town in fact the show room was also their office up until they sold it last year. I know because I met them there.

Interesting stuff. I wonder what happens to all those deposits taken for condos

Interesting stuff. I wonder what happens to all those deposits taken for condos

i just can conceive of why anyone would buy into a place called "The Trendy". the name itself implies impermanence

No offense.... but Trendy Condo... is not really trendy.

I spent recently a night in Dream Hotel, soi 15, with a direct view on the building.

I'm not an architect, nor a designer, but what the fuss about this building ? It's totally ugly, with massive lines like a good old Soviet style, and sorry but it looks really like a state housing project for low income people...

The appartments give the feeling to be "chicken cages" (small windows, low height) etc.

What is your opinion ?

Hi

[email protected]

LL

Hi LL

I guess we have just got to wait..."Thai time" :D

ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN

ROFL, that statement by the OP of this thread, was the most ludicrous that I have ever heard. Another one was the "I'm going to get a lawyer and try and get my 25% deposit back". LOL, like that would ever happen in a million years.

So what are the predictions on this project? finished by the middle of the year? What year? LOL. Looks to me like we'll be seeing retail stores open in there loooooong before condos are ready. I walk by this project EVERYDAY; trust me there is NOTHING going on. I'll be the 1st to let you know if anything happens. A day doesnt go by when I'm not outside that project. As for me, I did buy a condo at the end of Soi 11 and is now 95% complete and will be open by mid year. I'm not sure I want to believe even that. Oh btw, I need to do another LOL for the guy who's emailing them daily as if that will do any good.

ROFLMAO

Hi all

Has anyone walked past this site recently?

Has building re commenced in any way? probably not I assume but any info from you guys would be good.

How long does it take to sign up a new contractor to finish the job?

Sheesh :o

Thanx in advance

I spent recently a night in Dream Hotel, soi 15, with a direct view on the building.

I'm not an architect, nor a designer, but what the fuss about this building ? It's totally ugly, with massive lines like a good old Soviet style, and sorry but it looks really like a state housing project for low income people...

The appartments give the feeling to be "chicken cages" (small windows, low height) etc.

What is your opinion ?

I share your sentiments, its certainly not one of my favourites.

What is your opinion ?

I agree!

A couple of years back, I was considering buying a unit there. At the time, the "skin" of the building was dark glass, and the curved "crown" at the top was beautiful glasswork, looking like a jewel.

What happened? They removed the glass skin and replaced it with something that looks like it was designed in the Soviet Union in the 70s. Very boxy, drab, with no architectural interest at all.