Non-o Renewal Question

Hi,

I asked this early last year already and was assured it is OK but since rules keep on changing I would like to re-confirm.

I've been on the same Non-O (married, child and work permit) for the past 8 years. For the first few years WP and income info were required, then salary was not sufficient and a bank deposit had to be added. Last year I applied for renewal with all documents and was told that I do not need to submit the WP/income related documents (they were returned to me) since the bank deposit (abbot 600K) was all that was needed.

Question:

When I go for my renewal end of this month should I just go for the bank deposit route (apart from interest payments there has been no activity on the account!) or should I have all the WP/income related documents with me just in case?

opalhort

If your last extension is marked "support Thai wife" you should try to use the 400k bank deposit only to keep that option open for you as grandfathered.

yes, it is marked "Thai wife". so it would make sense to stick to bank deposit otherwise it could break the "grandfathered feature" right?

opalhort