Dong Muang To Suvarnabumi By Bus 555

Saturday 05/05 landed Dong Muang at 14.50, was at taxi stand at 15.05.

50 meters North of taxi stand was bus booth for 555 heading to Suvarnabumi.

Since I had plenty of time gave it a try.

Very heplfull personnel helping loading luggage.

Bus left 15.30, followed Vipawadi Rangsit, stopped often to pick up passengers.

Took Cheang Wattana, went over Rachada Pisek and took Chonbiri tolway to drop passengers at Suvarnabumi terminal 5( luckily not via Transportation Center) Total traveltime 45 minutes, no traffic jams, but saturday afternoon

Price 34 baht.

It is stupid however that you have to add 2 hours to your travel time to transfer between airports.

Took Cheang Wattana, went over Rachada Pisek and took Chonbiri tolway to drop passengers at Suvarnabumi terminal 5( luckily not via Transportation Center) Total traveltime 45 minutes, no traffic jams, but saturday afternoon

Price 34 baht.

It is stupid however that you have to add 2 hours to your travel time to transfer between airports.

Very good news, thanks for posting.

Trust it goes in other direction too ?

It also means that without traffic (week-ends, late night, early morning) it can be done in reasonable time (less 1 hour)

Very good news, thanks for posting.

Trust it goes in other direction too ?

It also means that without traffic (week-ends, late night, early morning) it can be done in reasonable time (less 1 hour)

You need to add the waiting time for the next bus. According to Tartempion's times, he had to wait 25 minutes for the bus, so I'm assuming his travel time of 45 minutes didn't include waiting time, meaning total transfer time was 70 minutes.

Price 34 baht.

Thanks for the update T.T.

This is exactly what Thai Airways told me previously and the service would be updated after 30-04-2007 to accomodate ALL passengers.

They said every 30mins approx., so not far out on that either.

I cannot complain about their customer service in this respect as they have always tried to assist me in these troubled / confusing times.

They did say the service would go direct to the airport " Departures ", not via the Transportation centre also.

Your timing is perfect as i,m due to travel tomorrow on the 8th and have to admit to being a bit hesitant on the unknown, which i try to elliminate when ever possible.

I,m 9 hours between flights so have plenty of time also and although a taxi is a good idea, you never can tell what sort of service you will get and who the good ones are.

With the bus you normally have pre arranged circumstances to depend on. ( TOUCH WOOD ) as they say.

I am a little bit unsure wether to stay at D.Mueang for awhile or get to the new airport as soon as possible.

I may see what is going on at D.M. and then post my latest " unbiased " views along with any other useful stuff I can pass on to T.Visa members.

When I am organised at the other end of course.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Buses #554 and 555 have always been 24 hours.

and as billp Indeed suggests ALSO the 554 does the service, but takes another route: also to lakSi, then left into RamIndira (thhe big BangKhen oval roundabout, then on, WORKS here may mean slower trip), then all the way to outer ring rd, then that rd, into Suv.pumi. those both roputes should run combined about ev 10/15 mins all day/any day and both hourly=together halfhourly nighttime. there are also MINIvans from DMuang (but at the north end of the old INTERnational Term=opposite the Wat Don Muang) dirct to Suv-pum, @ 40 or 50 bt, NO space for luggage

Just surprised to read about Suvpum T-5? what is that? Its just 1 big terminal, AFAIK.

appraenmtly the airportfare has even been lowered from 35 to 34 bt (what a saving....) since last reports.

Was 45 min bus ride plus waiting time at DM, max 30 min if bus goes every 30min.

<Just surprised to read about Suvpum T-5? what is that? Its just 1 big terminal, AFAIK.

Asanee, was typo, 5 and ( are on same key strange AZERTY keyboard here, indeed similar to your "appraenmtly", Savanaboom is one big loud terminal, I never will like the place. I did notice 2 Family Marts amids the food stalls, er, shops with normal prices, bought Chang and Leo cans at 25 baht, Singha at 30b, had plenty of space left in luggage to carry and drink here awaiting my return to LOS next month.

Latest information:-

Arrived D.M. and on leaving the airport found the taxi area congested.

The 555 bus stop is just to the right of the taxi rank were the downtown aircon buses used to park.

Met by the driver and his mate who asked if i was going to the new airport and when i said yes, they took my case on board for me and i sat down for the journey, plenty of room and yes, it is aircon.

You stop just before the airport to transfer to a smaller bus to go into the departure area.

This was no problem as both buses were opposite each other ( approx 6 metres distance ) and if you are unable to carry your case the same driver from the 555 bus helps you.

It took just under one hour from the old to the new.

This includes the change over and it really was simple, believe me.

No hastle what so ever and i will used the bus on my return because of this.

At the airport i found the place o.k. and cannot see what all the fuss is about ????? NOW OF COURSE

If you go towards the Immigration Depature area,s at the end of the " Q " check in their is a Family Mart and a Boots Chemist, there is also one more Family Mart if you go to the right of these and a Post Office.

There is also a C.A.T. internet shop here as well.

Toilets at this end every 80 meters and while i was there, no congestion problems either. ( 17.30 onwards.)

Prices are very reasonable and i would guess on par with the old 7/11 that used to be at the old airport re the F.Marts.

9 baht for a bottle of water by the way and many other things you may wish to eat and drink along with hot water for packet noodles they sell plus, tea, coffee and milo.

There are also lots of comfortable blue padded chairs to relax on if you look for them by the way.

The minus points are just 2 from my observations,

1) When checking in the no brainers pack together like sardines and when you want to leave the area you cannot get past them with your trollies without difficulty.

The inconsiderate ??????, god knows why they are like this ?

Wise policing by the AOT authorities is needed, i,m afraid

2)

The idiots who are constantly stood near the departure immigration entrances into the duty free areas, stood talking in groups and oblivious to the chaos they are causing and again it is difficult to get past them.

Non seemed to be actually going into the departure lounge and why they haven,t got the consideration and civility to leave the area clear is beyond me as there is plenty of room to stand a few yards away from those wishing to pass or what ever ?????

A bit similar to the Oriental situation Pattaya is famous for that many are all to well aware of, where groups of them parade all over the place and cause similar congestion.

Obviously things have improved but i also think SOME of the moaners of later times are not travel wise or spoilt as i honestly found it O.K. going outward.

marshbags :o

P.S.

One last thought / minor moan........Do not go to your gate until it,s time as the waiting areas are really cold and miserable. :D Really cold and miserable.

Take an extra garment with you for these situations as we all used to do at night in sunny Spain and it,s also useful for the flight if the air is collllllllddddd !!!!!!!!!

Edited by marshbags