Your Motorbike For Rent?

junkofdavid2

Hello!

Want to rent a motorbike for a still photo shoot for a day on Sept 24 Monday. (To be used in an advertisement)

1) Note that if you supply it, you will sign a release form (that we are allowed to use the image in our advertisement), and then you or your representative will deliver and pick it up at our shoot location in Bangkok. (Because we don't want to drive/damage it).

It is a still photo and your bike won't be moving and will not be actually driven.

You're welcome to stay and watch the shoot too... but I'm not handling the casting of this so I don't know how gorgeous you'll find the models, LOL :D

2) If you're open to the idea, please PM me a photo of the bike, and how much you'd like for the 1 day rental. We can pay cash on the same day.

3) Doesn't have to be overly nice. The main focus of the ad is not the bike. It's more of a prop which will be sat on by models.

(Nope, it's not a sleazy ad. It's for a clothing line with shops in Chitlom, Emporium, etc.)

4) Different models of bikes (sporty, chopper, scooter, easyrider, etc.) are welcome to submit because we actually need 3 bikes if different type. It depends on the creative director's choice of combination.

PM me! :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Okay, since some of you are wondering how much to charge for the bike.

This is just to give an idea of what was offered by others, but it does not necessarily mean that you have to follow his pricing.

One guy is offering up his bikes (already delivered and picked up on location) for about 1,100 baht for the day for each of his sports bikes.

However, his bikes are kinda old.

You can ask for more if your bike is newer and/or nicer.

Cheers! :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Moonfruit Dude,

I never said 1,100 was how much we were offering. In fact I asked the posters to name their own price. Just that some ppl keep wondering "how much" instead of wanting to give their own price. Naturally, all I could do was talk about some other guy who offered his.

I said 1,100 was how much one guy with some small old bikes offered of his, which were just sitting in his garage and which he wants to offer for sale.

Obviously, the reason why I'm posting this now is because the Client wasn't too happy with his bikes who's pictures I presented.

If you're in the (bike?) industry and have anything to offer, go ahead PM and name your price (with photo) and let's see if we can take it from there.

Better yet, refer me to a good bike rental shop with set prices (such as yours?)... and that will take a lot of headache away from me because we can just choose based on model and price.

When you refer to (major) brand, are you referring to the brand of bikes or the shops?

If it's the shops... well, no, it's not really a major brand. I believe it's a local Thai brand but with branches in Chitlom and Emporium.

If you're referring to the bikes, then yes, the guy's bikes were "known" brands but were old and worn out... sitting in his garage and waiting to be sold someday.

All the best.

Edited by junkofdavid2

Just an update.

Another guy (friend of mine, actually) offered up his nice looking big green chopper and also a black newish sports bike for 3,000 each for the day.

I'm not a bike aficionado so I don't recall exactly what brands and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter as long as they look good to us "non-bike" audience.

Will submit the photos of his bike to our creative director to be assessed along with other bikes (including yours, if you wish).

So far, that brings a total of only 4 bikes I'm presenting to client, for 3 slots. There's therefore a big chance your bike could get chosen if you offer it up.

Also, regarding the human models/talents... As of today I've seen the pics and they seem hot (at least on picture)! So that's another incentive to join the shoot. :D

Cheers.

:o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Same here, PMed and sent photo but ZERO. If I was looking for a bike like you say Tilapia you would approach the bike shops first. My older brother used to hire his old cars to TV production companies for the programmes set in the 60's and 70's. He was getting 300 GB pounds a day for an old morris type car 500 a day for an old fire engine and the same for an old Thames delivery truck. Had quite a few featured on heartbeat and even got to meet most of the cast. Money from a hobby, Bargain :o

My apologies.

I could've sworn to myself that I sent some sort of "general" thank you reply after I had received and chosen from the photos but after carefully checking (just now after you pointed it out, I admit), I realize that I had failed to do so. Sorry, was in a very stressful situation, the bike was only one of my problems. In the end, the photoshoot ended well. I'm (among other things) a producer and was taking care of everything from the props, lights, crew, models, food, logistics, etc.... and it was hel_l with that particular project (compared to others). Last night was my first full night's sleep. As the shoot day approached, I stopped logging on to ThaiVisa as I was getting home at 2am and leaving at 6am.

Again, it was my fault and I apologize. :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Just as an update, to those of you who are curious about what deal I got in the end...

1) I got 5 bikes in all.

2) 1st bike was a honda chopper which I got for 3,000 from my friend.

3) Next 2 bikes were older sports bikes which I got for around 1000 each

4) Last 2 bikes were really nice looking choppers (honda) from a bike shop right off ratchadapisek for only 1500/baht per half day! Delivered to shoot location free (location was also along ratchada anyway)

Actually, had I found the last one sooner, I probably would not have contracted the earlier ones anymore. However, the deals were already made.

Cheers! :o