Why Was Racism Topic Delted?

DamianMavis

Not in Thailand, but everywhere in the world. How could you possibly define racism in an academic and concrete way not just because you read something.

Serious thoughts welcome. :o

Flames welcome but will be disregarded. :D

I clicked on this thread seriously interested in what people had to say about racism. Now I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why we aren't allowed to discuss this? I'm completely serious, if there is a reason I'm too thick to realise (which happens alot) then please explain so I feel better about a forum with enough rules already that doesn't need further censorship based on personal opinion of worthiness of a topic if it isn't breaking any rules? If it's not breaking any rules than I don't need someone else "protecting me" and deciding for me what I can read or talk about. Thankyou and with all due respect.

Damian Mavis

Edited by DamianMavis

Yes sorry I meant closed. Ending up bad isn't a prediction you're allowed to make is it? If someone breaks the rules during the debate and/or the debate turns to mindless insults and slinging then I understand it being closed but doing it before anyone even does anything wrong is a dangerous road in my opinion. Once you start going down this path where does it lead? Every topic you don't like you can just close? Soon we will all be holding hands talking about puppies and the weather. And a topic about racism WILL involve discussion about Thailand since most of us are in Thailand and have life experience here and in other countries that will be relevant.

And if you "said why it was closed" means "we don't need this kind of thread"... how is that supposed to explain anything? That just means every thread you feel I DON'T NEED (and everyone else) you will close. That is not a reason that most thinking people will accept.

If you could be so kind please change the title of my topic to "Why was racism thread closed?"

Damian Mavis

Edited by DamianMavis

From the forum rules:

5) Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

DamianMavis and anybody else who wishes to discuss the moderation action taken on the topic in question are kindly invited to observe the aforementioned forum rule.

Topic closed.

:o

--

Maestro