Swimming Pool Near Carrefour?

astromash

Anyone know of a decent pool for exercise swimming near Carrefour? I'm happy to pay 100 baht or so per session but I don't want to have to pay an annual subscription. Mike Swimming Pool is fine but it's a bit far.

Thanks for your help.

There's a 25 m covered lap pool at Thai Garden Resort on Pattaya Nua (Pattaya North Raod) not too far from the Dolphin Roundabout just past Fairtex.

It was always well maintained (as of 1 year ago when I last used it) and because it's covered it stays at good temperature for lap training (doesn't get too hot as many outdoor pools do).

You can see a shot of it on the banner of their website here

They charge 100 baht.

There's a 25 m covered lap pool at Thai Garden Resort on Pattaya Nua (Pattaya North Raod) not too far from the Dolphin Roundabout just past Fairtex.

It was always well maintained (as of 1 year ago when I last used it) and because it's covered it stays at good temperature for lap training (doesn't get too hot as many outdoor pools do).

You can see a shot of it on the banner of their website here

They charge 100 baht.

Thanks for that. It's a bit far for me right now - I'm reliant on songtaews. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

I live next door to "The Village" and occasionally use their pool. It costs B.30 per swim, but the pool is small and the water is usually tepid. The shower doesn't work and there are no changing facilities.

Try the huge pool on top of Mike's Shopping Plaza (opposite Diana Inn on 2nd Road).

I live next door to "The Village" and occasionally use their pool. It costs B.30 per swim, but the pool is small and the water is usually tepid. The shower doesn't work and there are no changing facilities.

Try the huge pool on top of Mike's Shopping Plaza (opposite Diana Inn on 2nd Road).

How big is this pool? Is it suitable for laps?

"The Village" 3rd road between Klang and Tai has a pool out at the road, little bar and restaurant around it. I believe the cost is B50 or free if you buy food and drinks.

Hmm, I've taken a look at my map. 'The Village' is at the Tai end of Klang. Guess I really will have to get a motorbike someday :D

But thanks a lot for that, it's useful to know where pools are. Trouble is, I'm a lazy bum and if it isn't really close I've got a great reason not to go :o

theres a place behind carrefour

if you go down that soi which is down the side of carrefour, then turn left about 100 metres down the road. past some condo/hotel called nirvana or something, theres a little housing estate which has a pool in the middle. they charge 20/30 and do food and drinks.

But thanks a lot for that, it's useful to know where pools are. Trouble is, I'm a lazy bum and if it isn't really close I've got a great reason not to go :o

At least you'll have a reason not to go lol.

I now have a great 30 m pool at my apartment complex and it took me quite a while to get back into it last year with no excuses at all. :D

It's a bit like having home gym equipment. Most of the time it goes unused.

if you go down that soi which is down the side of carrefour, then turn left about 100 metres down the road. past some condo/hotel called nirvana or something, theres a little housing estate which has a pool in the middle. they charge 20/30 and do food and drinks.

I'm sure the soi you mean is the one with at least three names: Soi Paniad Chang/Soi Yume/Soi Carrefour. As you stand on Pattayaklang looking at the front of Carrefour, the soi runs down the right side of Carrefour. (ie it heads northerly).

So the condo/hotel this little housing estate is near must be Navin Mansion? (As you say, behind Carrefour.)

I will definitely check this out.

Cheers.

I'm sure the soi you mean is the one with at least three names: Soi Paniad Chang/Soi Yume/Soi Carrefour. As you stand on Pattayaklang looking at the front of Carrefour, the soi runs down the right side of Carrefour. (ie it heads northerly).

So the condo/hotel this little housing estate is near must be Navin Mansion? (As you say, behind Carrefour.)

Cheers.

yes that right. looking at carrefour it runs down the right hand side.

the condo is called something beginning with N. sorry i cant be any more help.

I took a stroll behind Carrefour and followed the road round past the two Navin Mansion blocks and right down to Third Road.

Couldn't see a pool or a small housing estate!

...ah, it's the lazy life for me :o

I took a stroll behind Carrefour and followed the road round past the two Navin Mansion blocks and right down to Third Road.

Couldn't see a pool or a small housing estate!

...ah, it's the lazy life for me :o

As you walk along by the side of Carefour as instructed and on towards the Soi running down to third road, you mention.

Before you get there, glance left just over the brow of the hill about 50-100 yards from the Soi and you should see the rear of some bungalows.

This is the housing estate you are looking for and you can find your bearings to reach them from your own sightings of this.

The swimming pool is in the small estate of bungalows and easy to find.

The estate used to run around in a sort of loop and is ideal and quiet in the week, should it suit your requirements and wasn,t used much at weekends either, when i lived there.

If you go down the towards 3rd road as you describe, it is on your left and entry to the estate is found were the bungalows are.

Walk in on the entry road and it should appear on your right hand side as you go forward.

Good luck A.Mash

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags