Beware

Concerning the thread going on about a visarun going into international waters:

Danger Danger Danger

Just came back from picking up my passport at immigration.

I printed out the page from the internet site listed in this thread and asked their opinion.

After some talking around between officers they told me that people going on that trip for visa re-entry will probably get into big trouble.

They were aproached by the owners of that yacht with the request to provide them with in-out stamps for their cruise. This was refused by immigration in soi 8 with as reason they cannot stamp somebody into Thailand if that person hasn't been in another country.

Proof of having been in another country can be in/out stamps of that country or a boarding pass from an airline proving you were on an inbound international flight.

They said they have no idea of how that company was going to obtain the stamps they promise, "the immigration officer on board" as written on that website is guaranteed not from soi 8, and they are responsible for this region!

They also told me if they check somebody's passport and find such stamps then that person will positively be arrested, fined and deported.

If they can't find stamps of another country they will check on their computer system your TM-card on which is written which international flight you arrived with.

Something doesn't add up and you're off to immigration detention center!!!

Beware of those shady deals, they told me they are very strict on visastuff at the moment!

Anybody's guess is as good as mine, but it seems they're trying to get as many people to pay for a ticket and then do a runner??

No affiliation with Mr Boon is there?

According to the officers in soi 8 their is no way of getting those stamps legally without their passengers getting stamped in/out from another country...

Elvis

Elvis, positively outstanding work on your part. I was rather amazed that anyone was falling for that scam but based on the posts , they were. "fancy a cruise"? gimme a break. change that to "fancy some jail time"? It was the most bogus visa run concept I ever heard about. It reminded me of the scam spam you used to get thank linked you to a web page (similar to the cruise page) where they tried to get your credit card info

First off, Thank You Elvis.

Hopefully, Immigration will do the right thing and act on this... afterall, they have been provided information on an illegal activity.

Call me crazy, but why not shut down the operation BEFORE foreigners (who aren't members of thaivisa) unknowningly get into trouble with a bogus visa. Why only spout off about what they will do to the users of the service and not the providers?? Very akin to letting drug dealers off and only going after the users.

I have no doubt this is a scam. But just of interest, if u exceed a territory's waters then u have crossed a border, albiet no checkpoint ?I am sure the Thai fishermen who have had problems with Burmese authorities ,fishing in their waters, would agree .

As the originaly poster stated, simply leaving Thailand is not good enough. I tried to do this once. I entered no-man's land a the Thai/Cambodia border and wanted to go back into Thailand before entering Cambodia, and the Thai officer told me I HAD to first go into and out of Cambodia before he can let me back into Thailand.

It made me think, what if Cambodia denied me entry after I left Thailand. Would I forever remain in no-man's land?

Hopefully, Immigration will do the right thing and act on this... afterall, they have been provided information on an illegal activity.

Call me crazy, but why not shut down the operation BEFORE foreigners (who aren't members of thaivisa) unknowningly get into trouble with a bogus visa. Why only spout off about what they will do to the users of the service and not the providers?? Very akin to letting drug dealers off and only going after the users.

so you are saying that it's imm's obligation to shut down every fly by night visa scam that comes along? please give me and imm a break

Call me crazy, but why not shut down the operation BEFORE foreigners (who aren't members of thaivisa) unknowningly get into trouble with a bogus visa. Why only spout off about what they will do to the users of the service and not the providers??  Very akin to letting drug dealers off and only going after the users.

so you are saying that it's imm's obligation to shut down every fly by night visa scam that comes along? please give me and imm a break

What I'm saying is that if a law enforcement agency is given direct evidence of a crime, that they should act on it.... you know, do the job they're getting to paid to do... if that's not too much to ask.

If I witnessed someone breaking into your house and stealing every possesion you own, followed them and discovered where they were keeping it and then went to the police and told them... you don't want them to act on it?

ok then, I'll keep quiet then and give the police AND YOU a break.

As the originaly poster stated, simply leaving Thailand is not good enough. I tried to do this once...

I once took a Thai girl to Malaysia. At the Malaysian checkpoint they told her that she would have to go back to the Thai checkpoint again, as she didn't have a Thailand exit stamp. :o

A new experience for someone like me who is from an EU country... :D

Proof of having been in another country can be in/out stamps of that country or a boarding pass from an airline proving you were on an inbound international flight.

Interesting bit of Thai logic here.

A boarding pass does not prove anything.

If you fly to Singapore, but do not enter the country, is just stay in the airport, and take the flight back to Thailand, are you breaking the Thai law when you re-enter?

Even worse you cross a land border, and for some reason the other country will not admit you, where do you go?

Cannot enter the other country, and

Thailand will not let you in because you do not have a stamp from the other country.

Set up a tent in no-mans land and stay there. perhaps?

Mind you I am not surprised that the Pattaya cruise is a non starter.

Edited by astral

Concerning the thread going on about a visarun going into international waters:

Danger Danger Danger

Just came back from picking up my passport at immigration.

I printed out the page from the internet site listed in this thread and asked their opinion.

After some talking around between officers they told me that people going on that trip for visa re-entry will probably get into big trouble.

They were aproached by the owners of that yacht with the request to provide them with in-out stamps for their cruise. This was refused by immigration in soi 8 with as reason they cannot stamp somebody into Thailand if that person hasn't been in another country.

They said they have no idea of how that company was going to obtain the stamps they promise, "the immigration officer on board" as written on that website is guaranteed not from soi 8, and they are responsible for this region!

They also told me if they check somebody's passport and find such stamps then that person will positively be arrested, fined and deported.

If they can't find stamps of another country they will check on their computer system your TM-card on which is written which international flight you arrived with.

Something doesn't add up and you're off to immigration detention center!!!

Beware of those shady deals, they told me they are very strict on visastuff at the moment!

Anybody's guess is as good as mine, but it seems they're trying to get as many people to pay for a ticket and then do a runner??

No affiliation with Mr Boon is there?

According to the officers in soi 8 their is no way of getting those stamps legally without their passengers getting stamped in/out from another country...

Elvis

An excellent job Elvis. Thanks for the effort.