Visa Fee Increase For Those Obtained In U S A

Was referred to this little gem by ovenman and hadn't noticed it posted before....

Perhaps it's a result of the fallout of the decreasing value of a sawbuck :o

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of April 1, 2008, the Royal Thai Embassy and all the Royal Thai Consulates-General in the United States of America will apply the new visa fees as follows:

1. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

US $65.00 for single entry

US $175.00 for multiple entries

US $175.00 (APEC Multiple Entries)

US $350.00 (Three-year Non-Immigrant "B" for Business and Work)

2. TOURIST VISA

US $35.00 per entry

3. TRANSIT VISA

US $30.00 per entry

Further information will be provided by the Royal Thai Embassy’s website at www.thaiembdc.org, E-Mail: [email protected], or call (202) 944-3600 Ext. 815, 817.

Royal Thai Embassy

March 20, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thaiembdc.org/pressctr/announce...date040108.html

As of April 1, 2008, the Royal Thai Embassy and all the Royal Thai Consulates-General in the United States of America

That should mean all transaction done in Dollars due to the value of the dollar dropping.

Is it US offices, or US citizens?

I'm pretty sure it's US offices. The visa fees are set by the Foreign Ministry in baht. With the dollar having dropped so much against the baht, I'm sure that the powers-that-be are eager to make up the difference.

That should mean all transaction done in Dollars due to the value of the dollar dropping.

It makes me feel better to think of it as the US dollar not dropping, but instead all the world's other currencies getting stronger. After all, a dollar is still worth a dollar :o