View Talay 6 - Why The Double Priceing

I have recently been looking at studio condos (48 metres) at the new view talay 6 in pattaya. I visited the main office in jomtien to see what was available - and there is plenty for sale. A unit on the 16th floor can be purchased for around 2.6 million. However, i also visited the condo block itself and looked at the units for sale in what i thought was thier sales office on the first floor. It is a large office called Condo6 which is actually a private buisiness. Astonishingly they have condos on the same and lower floors for 3.4 million. Many units also have for sale notices displayed outside at similar and higher prices!!!

I am curious to know why the resale prices are so high when a unit the same - all be it a little further back from the front can be bought direct for almost a million less. Ok, the view nearer to the front is better - but wait, when the new Central shopping plaza and the 26 story hotel on the front is completed all views will be lost anyway on the naklua side. And on the pattaya side their is a vacant plot of prime land - apparantly owned by Singha people which is crying out for a high construction (possible condo block) which would cut of all views bar the front few. If you ask view talay what will happen tp this land they just say i they dont know!

So my question is basically are the people asking upto - and in some case more - a million more than the current price available direct from view talay pure optimists, dreamers or do they know something worth knowing??

I have recently been looking at studio condos (48 metres) at the new view talay 6 in pattaya. I visited the main office in jomtien to see what was available - and there is plenty for sale. A unit on the 16th floor can be purchased for around 2.6 million. However, i also visited the condo block itself and looked at the units for sale in what i thought was thier sales office on the first floor. It is a large office called Condo6 which is actually a private buisiness. Astonishingly they have condos on the same and lower floors for 3.4 million. Many units also have for sale notices displayed outside at similar and higher prices!!!

I am curious to know why the resale prices are so high when a unit the same - all be it a little further back from the front can be bought direct for almost a million less. Ok, the view nearer to the front is better - but wait, when the new Central shopping plaza and the 26 story hotel on the front is completed all views will be lost anyway on the naklua side. And on the pattaya side their is a vacant plot of prime land - apparantly owned by Singha people which is crying out for a high construction (possible condo block) which would cut of all views bar the front few. If you ask view talay what will happen tp this land they just say i they dont know!

So my question is basically are the people asking upto - and in some case more - a million more than the current price available direct from view talay pure optimists, dreamers or do they know something worth knowing??

You said it Dreamers , plenty up here in Bangkok as well

stop trying to apply first world logic to a third world mentality and things will start to make sense

I actually asked the sales girl in the condo6 sales office what would these people do if they cant get such a high price i.e 3.4 million (as there are still many for sale at the real price i.e 2.6)) She said - with a straight face - sell for 4 million! :o:D:D

Likely the private RE office and the adverts at the VT6 itself for secondary market sales (not from the developer) are aimed at the many clueless foreigners who visit Patters and don't even probably realize that units are still available DIRECTLY from the developer at much cheaper prices. You would be surprised how daft many people are :o

I bet many buyers of VT6 thought it was beach-front property (or at least fronted/had direct access to Beach Road) but it has neither. From what I can tell, entry and exit are via 2nd Road only...one cannot walk directly out of VT6 to Beach Road or the beach. There is a big piece of vacant land (fenced off) in front of it on Beach Road :D Kinda defeats the whole point of buying in the building to my mind.

Likely the private RE office and the adverts at the VT6 itself for secondary market sales (not from the developer) are aimed at the many clueless foreigners who visit Patters and don't even probably realize that units are still available DIRECTLY from the developer at much cheaper prices. You would be surprised how daft many people are :o

I bet many buyers of VT6 thought it was beach-front property (or at least fronted/had direct access to Beach Road) but it has neither. From what I can tell, entry and exit are via 2nd Road only...one cannot walk directly out of VT6 to Beach Road or the beach. There is a big piece of vacant land (fenced off) in front of it on Beach Road :D Kinda defeats the whole point of buying in the building to my mind.

Good point - access is from 2nd road only so if you want to stroll down to the beach for a bit of sleaz you have to negotiate the footpathless side soi. Pi*s poor planning - or not!

I bet many buyers of VT6 thought it was beach-front property (or at least fronted/had direct access to Beach Road) but it has neither. From what I can tell, entry and exit are via 2nd Road only...one cannot walk directly out of VT6 to Beach Road or the beach. There is a big piece of vacant land (fenced off) in front of it on Beach Road :o Kinda defeats the whole point of buying in the building to my mind.

Good point - access is from 2nd road only so if you want to stroll down to the beach for a bit of sleaz you have to negotiate the footpathless side soi. Pi*s poor planning - or not!

I bet many buyers who bought off plan and maybe only saw it through the internet or brochures (which show/imply it to being a beach-front building) got a rude surprise when they actually showed up to physically inspect their purchase!

I bet many buyers of VT6 thought it was beach-front property (or at least fronted/had direct access to Beach Road) but it has neither. From what I can tell, entry and exit are via 2nd Road only...one cannot walk directly out of VT6 to Beach Road or the beach. There is a big piece of vacant land (fenced off) in front of it on Beach Road :o Kinda defeats the whole point of buying in the building to my mind.

I bet many buyers who bought off plan and maybe only saw it through the internet or brochures (which show/imply it to being a beach-front building) got a rude surprise when they actually showed up to physically inspect their purchase!

This was a shit buy IMO , the place has just opened up for tenants and will be a total war zone for at least the next year with all the renovations going on and the mall being built next door.

Plus the folks who bought off plan have been sitting on dead money for over 2 years.

There is and will be for sometime the odd seller looking to dump his place and recover his money as I have seen a few for sale like this already.

... but wait, when the new Central shopping plaza and the 26 story hotel on the front is completed all views will be lost anyway on the naklua side.
Hi,

Just curious : which hotel are you talking about ?

I visited VT6 one month ago looking for - maybe - a studio, and the info I got was that the new shopping mall was 9 floors high at its maximum. I do not know is there is an hotel inside, but I can't see where they could put a 26 story building ?? :o

In the past, the VT people have not ever guaranteed you would get a unit in your name. I imagine whether the unit is a sham company owned dealie vs. a definite foreigner name unit makes a big difference in price. Also, on resales, sometimes the flipper has bought a shell and then finished it, obviously justifying a much higher price.

There seem to be a few misguided people on this thread , so I will attempt to clear at least what I know of it up .

There is walking/biking access to beach road via a little lane with electronic card entry to the gate .

There is a six story shopping mall going beside it , and will have a 27 story hotel to the rear of it , which will mean that the sea view wont be lost over the 6-7th story .

And I also believe that the higher prices may be for finished rooms , or in foriegn names and finished .

When I purchased mine , the only way to get it in a foreign name was through a company .

post-36082-1206488367_thumb.jpg

There seem to be a few misguided people on this thread , so I will attempt to clear at least what I know of it up .

There is walking/biking access to beach road via a little lane with electronic card entry to the gate .

There is a six story shopping mall going beside it , and will have a 27 story hotel to the rear of it , which will mean that the sea view wont be lost over the 6-7th story .

And I also believe that the higher prices may be for finished rooms , or in foriegn names and finished .

When I purchased mine , the only way to get it in a foreign name was through a company .

Just curious. When did you form a Company?

Did you use a Thai Lawyer?

There is a six story shopping mall going beside it , and will have a 27 story hotel to the rear of it,

which will mean that the sea view wont be lost over the 6-7th story.

:D

I am sorry Thumchok, but I think that you are very optimist about the situation, not to say that you are Wrong...

- The mall will be a 9 "big shopping floors", the equivalent of 12 or 14 floors of VT6 : No view in VT6 on North side for floor < 14...

- I do not know what you call the "rear of the mall", but the hotel tower will be on the Sea side and a little higher than VT6. That means no view for the VT6 Noth side for half VT6 apartments nearest from the sea... :D

- from what I know, for North side apartments, only those who are on 2nd Road side and over the 14th floor will still have sea view.

I searched on the Internet and found a few pictures of a model of the project :

Here is Central Festival Pattaya Beach :

390290265_d7869a3472_o.jpg

(Picture found on a interesting forum : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...601&page=3)

Above is a view from the north-west. The street is... Soi 9 :D .

The hotel is the "glass tower" and is 20 floors over the mall. Top would be equivalent at floor 32 of VT6.

VT6 is 27 floors high and should be show just behind this Center Festival model.

390292390_db88b79f4c_o.jpg

(Picture found on a interesting forum : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...601&page=3)

On this picture you can see clearly that the hotel-tower is on the beach side.

In fact this tower is very near the sea.

To compare with VT6 below,

the front side of the new hotel-tower will be nearest from the see

than the VT6 swimming pool ! :D

viewtalay6_4.jpg

You can easily imagine with these pictures how many VT6 apartments will soon lost their view...

Pattaya46

PS: Next thread: How VT6 South apartments will soon lost their view from a new sistership condo... :o

That is a very imprecise way of putting it. That means the ACTUAL foreign name quota was already sold out. If you bought using a sham company, you did not buy in a foreign name. When you sell, you have a second class product. Sorry about that for you. In my view, any foreigner who buys a condo in Thailand through the company route has made a unwise purchase. There are plenty available to buy in your own name. Why do it any other way?

Edited by Jingthing

That is a very imprecise way of putting it. That means the ACTUAL foreign name quota was already sold out. If you bought using a sham company, you did not buy in a foreign name. When you sell, you have a second class product. Sorry about that for you. In my view, any foreigner who buys a condo in Thailand through the company route has made a unwise purchase. There are plenty available to buy in your own name. Why do it any other way?

perhaps because of the baht bus mafia?

Don’t forget, the price that you see for an empty shell at any of the new VT condos is not the price that you end up paying, before any work is started on your unit you must pay 20,000 baht ,If the workmen so much as scrape the wall outside your room you may not get it back.

Also you must pay 200 baht every day the until the work is completed this is pay the cleaners to clean outside your unit, just think all of the rooms paying 200 baht per day, nice little earner for someone

I visited the VT6 sales office a year or so ago and asked the sales lady how high the central festival building is going to be. Her indifferent response (and obvious lie) of, "I don't know" gave me a bad feeling and I walked out.

There is a six story shopping mall going beside it , and will have a 27 story hotel to the rear of it,

which will mean that the sea view wont be lost over the 6-7th story.

:D

I am sorry Thumchok, but I think that you are very optimist about the situation, not to say that you are Wrong...

- The mall will be a 9 "big shopping floors", the equivalent of 12 or 14 floors of VT6 : No view in VT6 on North side for floor < 14...

- I do not know what you call the "rear of the mall", but the hotel tower will be on the Sea side and a little higher than VT6. That means no view for the VT6 Noth side for half VT6 apartments nearest from the sea... :D

- from what I know, for North side apartments, only those who are on 2nd Road side and over the 14th floor will still have sea view.

I searched on the Internet and found a few pictures of a model of the project :

Here is Central Festival Pattaya Beach :

390290265_d7869a3472_o.jpg

Above is a view from the north-west. The street is... Soi 9 :D .

The hotel is the "glass tower" and is 20 floors over the mall. Top would be equivalent at floor 32 of VT6.

VT6 is 27 floors high and should be show just behind this Center Festival model.

390292390_db88b79f4c_o.jpg

On this picture you can see clearly that the hotel-tower is on the beach side.

In fact this tower is very near the sea.

To compare with VT6 below,

the front side of the new hotel-tower will be nearest from the see

than the VT6 swimming pool ! :D

viewtalay6_4.jpg

You can easily imagine with these pictures how many VT6 apartments will soon lost their view...

Pattaya46

PS: Next thread: How VT6 South apartments will soon lost their view from a new sistership condo... :o

Great Post :D

Great Post :o

Agreed. That Central Mall looks really awesome.

I would say ,overall, having such a quality developemnt next door, even it takes away the views of some units, will raise the overall desirability of a unit at VT6 and therefore the price somewhat. To what degree I wouldn't hazard a guess. I, for one, would never be interested, for a host of reasons, in any VT project, but to a certain type of buyer for whom these units are attractive, then having Central as a neighbor probably won't be so bad.

However, something tells me the typical VT buyer is more likely to do his shopping (with his misses) at the Friday Bua Khow market rather than Central :D

Good Post Pattaya 46 , Seems at least you did some homework .

I guess I took it forgranted that the security guard there knew what he was talking about .

PadThaiGuy I never said that I purchased one through a company , I said the only way they would put one in my name was through a company . 51%Thai owned and 49% Foreign . :o

I purchased mine in the wifes name .

BTW , I am not worried at all how high the Mall will be , I only worry about the other side :D

You can still buy in VT6 in foreign name as current foreign holding is still at only 33%

The Hotel is on the beach side - confirmed by VT6

75% of the units are still for sale either from VT themselves - or hopefull resales

The view from the south side will most likely be lost when the land is developed - however not untill you have lived next to a building site for 2 years

However there is - i stand corrected - a lane leading to the beach road accessed through the car park.

Misguided i think not - informed i think so!

1). Many are not wise enough to find that there is only one sales office for View Talay 6 and that is in Jom Tien. To buy anywhere else is to buy through a middle-man/agent and pay a higher price.

2). Many do not realise that condos in Thailand are of course priced according to such parameters as size, floor, condition, and outlook as in many other countries; but if you are not buying direct from the developer and it is a resale, then there is a significant price difference here according to the registered name on the title deed.

Registered in a foreign personal name: Worth Most

Registered in a Thai personal name in a building presently at 49% foreign ownership: Worth Less

Registered in a Thai Company Name in a building presently at 49% foreign ownership: Worth Even Less

Edited by khunyae

• 3 weeks later...
stop trying to apply first world logic to a third world mentality and things will start to make sense

I actually asked the sales girl in the condo6 sales office what would these people do if they cant get such a high price i.e 3.4 million (as there are still many for sale at the real price i.e 2.6)) She said - with a straight face - sell for 4 million! :o:D:D

The same logic is used with salaries here - we can't get teachers, so drop the salaries instead of increasing them!

I believe because all the 49% allowance of Foreign ownership units have already been sold by the office (as is the case with View Talay 5C). Now all the office has left to sell are the 51% which can either be owned in Thai Name or if you are a foreigner you must form a company to own the unit. Foreign own units are far more desireable, easier to sell and demand a higher premium. So in the beginning many foreign buyers buy on speculation that they will be able to sell for a profit in the near future as they have NOT only foreign ownership but premium locations.