Tourist Visa X 2, Now What

hello, thanks for all the help and advice. i did go to laos with a local company. things went wonderful! i have a double tourist visa. i was told that id be able to get 60 days + 30 at Jomtien office, then another 60 +30. the date of the visa is march 24, and then is says "enter before 23 june 2008". not sure what to do now, and when!? dont want to mess up what i paid for. thank u for any info.

A few days before your 60 day stay is over you visit immigration and extend for 30 days - and then before the 23rd of June you make a border run/return for a new 60 day stay which you then extend for 30 days.

hello, thanks for all the help and advice. i did go to laos with a local company. things went wonderful! i have a double tourist visa. i was told that id be able to get 60 days + 30 at Jomtien office, then another 60 +30. the date of the visa is march 24, and then is says "enter before 23 june 2008". not sure what to do now, and when!? dont want to mess up what i paid for. thank u for any info.

my first tourist x2 was 13 december and heres how i added it up then, and today have just extended for seconed time jontiem and 2/3 border runs to goso not def on target but thats just me and travel!

Now this is my first Tourist x 2 so ill presume ill get

arrived back yesterday and got 60 days

then top up at jontiem 30 days

then cambodia border 60 days (for double entry)

then top up at jontiem 30 days

then ill just do 2 x border runs keping1 left for plan b thats 60 days

so in theory thats 8 months sorted!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158561

hope this helps

chris

Forgot to add,

which company did you go with, how much did they charge, was they efficent/delays?

did you go into the consulate/ embassy or the agent, was it vientiene in laos or other?

Many thanks

chris

Forgot to add,

which company did you go with, how much did they charge, was they efficent/delays?

did you go into the consulate/ embassy or the agent, was it vientiene in laos or other?

Many thanks

chris

i went with "enjoy travel" aka "bri and joy". they are located all over patatya. the best office to go is on Soi bua koaw. it cost 9,500 baht for a double tourist visa. (the regular price is 9,900; i got a discount. but they told me that the bangkok magazine-forget which one- has a 1000 baht off coupon, so find out about that!) they were great! and i had heard not so good feedback, but i had no choice. the trip is @ 10hrs, up and 10hrs back. so pack a lunch. they stop evry 2hr or so at gas and quik marts, so u can always pick something up and use the toilet. they give u a box breakfast when u get to laos. we stood in line to turn in our passports (i never had to fill out a form at all). after that, the agent handled everything, we waited on the aircon minibus most of the time. and there were about 200 other pple there. so this company did very well. it was vientiene. we stayed at the hotel loas. ok, not western standard. i did change my room due to uncleaness, but considering the area (loas is very underdeveloped) it was decent. the resturant food is great there. and the service is good. u spent on night over and u get ur own room. things went smoothly. id do it again. let me no if u have more questions. take care.

Forgot to add,

Many thanks

chris

i went with "enjoy travel" aka "bri and joy". they are located all over patatya. the best office to go is on Soi bua koaw. it cost 9,500 baht for a double tourist visa. (the regular price is 9,900; i got a discount. but they told me that the bangkok magazine-forget which one- has a 1000 baht off coupon, so find out about that!) they were great! and i had heard not so good feedback, but i had no choice. the trip is @ 10hrs, up and 10hrs back. so pack a lunch. they stop evry 2hr or so at gas and quik marts, so u can always pick something up and use the toilet. they give u a box breakfast when u get to laos. we stood in line to turn in our passports (i never had to fill out a form at all). after that, the agent handled everything, we waited on the aircon minibus most of the time. and there were about 200 other pple there. so this company did very well. it was vientiene. we stayed at the hotel loas. ok, not western standard. i did change my room due to uncleaness, but considering the area (loas is very underdeveloped) it was decent. the resturant food is great there. and the service is good. u spent on night over and u get ur own room. things went smoothly. id do it again. let me no if u have more questions. take care.

Good post jst, ive just copied it and posted it on another thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1958238

ps how many went on your trip and did any get ruffesed?

cheers

chris

Forgot to add,

Many thanks

chris

Good post jst, ive just copied it and posted it on another thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1958238

ps how many went on your trip and did any get ruffesed?

cheers

chris

there were about 14 of us, half and half on two mini vans. no one was refused. i think laos right now is very interested in gettin as many pple comin through there as possible. pple bring $ and the country needs much developemnt.so right now the visas are easy. and the company i mentioned does it evry wk, so they definately have some things worked out to ensure success. take care.

A few days before your 60 day stay is over you visit immigration and extend for 30 days - and then before the 23rd of June you make a border run/return for a new 60 day stay which you then extend for 30 days.

SO WHEN I GO ON THE BORDER RUN, DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE FACT THAT I HAVE A SPECIAL VISA AND I WANT 60 MORE DAYS, DO I GO TO A DIFFERENT WINDOW? THANKS FOR THE HELP. AND IF I GO WITH A COMPANY, MY VISA IS ALREADY PAID FOR RITE? THANK U FOR UR HELP

You don't have a special visa. You have a normal two entry tourist visa. When you return for second entry you will fill out the visa information exactly as you did the first time and they will mark it as used/2nd entry.

Yes your visa to Thailand is paid for. All you need is a normal border crossing and return.

SO WHEN I GO ON THE BORDER RUN, DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE FACT THAT I HAVE A SPECIAL VISA AND I WANT 60 MORE DAYS, DO I GO TO A DIFFERENT WINDOW? THANKS FOR THE HELP. AND IF I GO WITH A COMPANY, MY VISA IS ALREADY PAID FOR RITE? THANK U FOR UR HELP

"SO WHEN I GO ON THE BORDER RUN, DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE FACT THAT I HAVE A SPECIAL VISA AND I WANT 60 MORE DAYS"

they (if you go with a company again) should pick up on this, same if you go border on your own the imigration there should auto give 60, but as in life best double check!

" DO I GO TO A DIFFERENT WINDOW" no you should fine!

"IF I GO WITH A COMPANY, MY VISA IS ALREADY PAID FOR RITE?

well, yes and no would be my reply, the border runs advertised cambodia 2400 etc are normally 30 days visa exempt, your 2400 bhat would be probobly be broken down as roughly as 1000 bhat for a cambodia visa fee, the rest in agents expenses & fees etc!

so if in otherwords you were thinking you could save 1000 bhat, no i dont think you can!

if i drive myselfe to border i pay about 1000 bhat on the cambodia side plus in a little office i pay 100 bhat for somthing not sure what it is!

"MY VISA IS ALREADY PAID FOR RITE?"

yes it is, to extend at imigration soi 5 jontiem it will still cost 1900 for extending it!

so you should be roughly 60 days from other day when you went (date in pp) go jontiem soi 5 imigration 2x photos and photcopys of passport (shop there knows which ones etc) cost 1900 bhat!

that extends for an extra 30 that 90 days you will have had in thailand!

then your visa is a double entry torist so, you do a border run, say with a company 2400 giving you now 60 days more!

then you can extend again jontiem 30 more days 1900 bhat

thats your paid for visa fineshed!

you may of course then do 3 x border runs approx 2400 for only 30 days atime or go again back to laos!

but that is a while away yet things like rules and prices change so just keep on here and upto date, and keep an eye on your dates in your passport!

chris

The key with a double entry tourist visa is to make sure you make your second entry before the "enter before" date on the visa, even if that means you leave a few days before you need to on the "admitted until" stamp that you got when you entered the country.