How Long Can I Stay In Thailand After My Tourist Visa Expires?

Hello.

I am a 37 year old American citizen in Koh Phangan, Thailand.

Here's my situation:

• I arrived on December 16, 2007 on a triple-entry tourist visa I purchased for 84 pounds at the Royal Thai Embassy in London.
  • I did a 30 day extention after my first 60 day stay expired, then did a visa run to Cambodia around March 15.
  • I can do another 30 day extention - I believe - next week when my 2nd 60 day stay expires, which would give me an additional 30 days before my 2nd entry runs out and I've got to do a border run.
  • Then, I'll have to do a border run around June 13-14 or so.
  • I'd then get my last 60 day entry (the third of three entries) - which will give me until around August 12 or so.
  • Then - in theory - I could extend until September 11-12 for an additional 1,900 baht.
  • Then I'd have to leave the country, unless I did the VOA thing for 30-30-30 but I'd rather get a tourist visa again because I want to be back here for Christmas and New Year's eve and then a few months after that.

My question is, could I just go and purchase another triple entry tourist visa in Laos or another country, then come right back in and start the process all over again right away? Or would I have to stay out of Thailand for 90 days before I come in (assuming I'm going to be using a tourist visa again)?

Also, am I guaranteed a 30 day extension as long as I have the 1,900 baht? I've heard stories that they'll only give you 7 days or 10 days or 15 days or whatever.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by vagabond5

I've gotten a 30-day extension 3 times since last September. Never a problem.

I don't think all Thai consulates in each country give multiple entry Tourist Visas easily (based on what I've read on ThaiVisa). You may want to check up on the one you plan to go to before you actually go.

Edited by koheesti

Vientiane Laos. Double Entry would be the best you would do.

Make sure you do your final border run the day before your Visa expires. Check the date. If you wait until your 2nd 30 day extension finishes you may be too late.

Edited by Lite Beer

<br />Don't go to Penang, closest consulate from Koh Phangan.<br />They require flight ticket to your home country.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

this is not true anymore, i was there for non-B with other people that were there for tourist visa, exept the application form, copy of passeport and pictures nothing else was required for tourist visa, i saw them back two days later with their visa.

we're using the same agent.

Hello.

I am a 37 year old American citizen in Koh Phangan, Thailand.

Here's my situation:

• I arrived on December 16, 2007 on a triple-entry tourist visa I purchased for 84 pounds at the Royal Thai Embassy in London.
  • I did a 30 day extention after my first 60 day stay expired, then did a visa run to Cambodia around March 15.
  • I can do another 30 day extention - I believe - next week when my 2nd 60 day stay expires, which would give me an additional 30 days before my 2nd entry runs out and I've got to do a border run.
  • Then, I'll have to do a border run around June 13-14 or so.
  • I'd then get my last 60 day entry (the third of three entries) - which will give me until around August 12 or so.
  • Then - in theory - I could extend until September 11-12 for an additional 1,900 baht.
  • Then I'd have to leave the country, unless I did the VOA thing for 30-30-30 but I'd rather get a tourist visa again because I want to be back here for Christmas and New Year's eve and then a few months after that.

My question is, could I just go and purchase another triple entry tourist visa in Laos or another country, then come right back in and start the process all over again right away? Or would I have to stay out of Thailand for 90 days before I come in (assuming I'm going to be using a tourist visa again)?

Also, am I guaranteed a 30 day extension as long as I have the 1,900 baht? I've heard stories that they'll only give you 7 days or 10 days or 15 days or whatever.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

"My question is, could I just go and purchase another triple entry tourist visa in Laos or another country, then come right back in and start the process all over again right away?

basically yes, no probs at moment!

only 2 things really spring to mind,

1 laos as others state is your best bet at this time (may change in futre) for a double entry an update at mo read this lots of current input

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158561

2 you would more than likley on get a double entry as opposed to triple, but maybe easier than say london again!

"am I guaranteed a 30 day extension as long as I have the 1,900 baht?"

if no overstay dont see why not, passportphotos and copys pp, not forgetting if your in say in pattaya the imigration is shut sat sundays, check ya dates and have heard of people bieng asked for onward flight tickets, but personally i have not been asked

" I've heard stories that they'll only give you 7 days or 10 days or 15 days or whatever"

yep lots of mixed storys as the visa rules are complex and not adheard to 100% by us and the imigration, 7 days for all visas except tourist visa's is the current, if im not correct someone should pick up that for you!

chris

<br />Don't go to Penang, closest consulate from Koh Phangan.<br />They require flight ticket to your home country.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

this is not true anymore, i was there for non-B with other people that were there for tourist visa, exept the application form, copy of passeport and pictures nothing else was required for tourist visa, i saw them back two days later with their visa.

we're using the same agent.

just a couple of questions nhj, are you saying people are now allowed a tourist visa without proof of onward journey ticket, proof of hotel etc, how many did you see get one and did you hear of any "stamped not to return again etc

just one other minor point why 2 days later?

have you postedthis on here or another forum and if so do you have a link?

many thanks

chris

<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />this is not true anymore, i was there for non-B with other people that were there for tourist visa, exept the application form, copy of passeport and pictures nothing else was required for tourist visa, i saw them back two days later with their visa.<br /><br />we're using the same agent.<br />
<br /><br /><br />just a couple of questions nhj, are you saying people are now allowed a tourist visa without proof of onward journey ticket, proof of hotel etc, how many did you see get one and did you hear of any "stamped not to return again etc<br /><br />just one other minor point why 2 days later?<br /><br />have you postedthis on here or another forum and if so do you have a link?<br /><br />many thanks <br />chris<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yes before in penang it was the case, the consul did require onwrard ticket fully paid, booking of hotel and proof of expense(10k bath) but as i said, now all this is over and you can get a single entry tourist visa as easy as before :o aswell as multi entry non-B valid for one year.

and the two days later that's because we always arrive around 9PM and so the agent can submit the passeport the next day, about the stamp to not come back i heard about it on the forum but i never heard from someone around me BUT i don't know a lot of people that stay as tourist.

Edited by NHJ

and the two days later that's because we always arrive around 9PM and so the agent can submit the passeport the next day, about the stamp to not come back i heard about it on the forum but i never heard from someone around me BUT i don't know a lot of people that stay as tourist.

Thanks for that NHJ,

chris