New Tm Cards For All !

Has any one heard about the new TM card that is now being used ?

A friend of mine has just done a run to Mae Sai and has told me that they now have a new TM card. This one has two seperate pages. The only real new thing he said that it has, is that it has an income table box that has to be checked. Meaning that you will check the box for income that basically fits you..

Who has heard or seen and knows what the scoop is. ( IF ANYONE) The scoop that I would want to hear is how this one will affect all ( everyone) for a later time and date. Income checks,suprise home visits , sudden meetings ,ect ect ect.. There seems to be always something in the works nowadays,but why it is ,is another story.. This is being put into place for some later plan, but how and what for ,again who knows. So who does know ?

uncletom

Edited by uncletom

If true, I would suspect the income boxes would be used to collect information for TAT to get a better idea about their tourist demographics.

I seriously doubt the RTG has the resources or capacity to play 'Big Brother' to locally based expats.

Edited by samran

Has any one heard about the new TM card that is now being used ?

A friend of mine has just done a run to Mae Sai and has told me that they now have a new TM card. This one has two seperate pages. The only real new thing he said that it has, is that it has an income table box that has to be checked. Meaning that you will check the box for income that basically fits you..

Who has heard or seen and knows what the scoop is. ( IF ANYONE) The scoop that I would want to hear is how this one will affect all ( everyone) for a later time and date.  Income checks,suprise home visits , sudden meetings ,ect ect ect.. There seems to be always something in the works nowadays,but why it is ,is another story.. This is being put into place for some later plan, but how and what for ,again who knows. So who does know ?

uncletom

It's true. Just come back from penang and they handed out these new tm cards on the train. They look more like bank slips: long and thin. Yes, you do have tick the box for you income band, but i wouldn't worry about it - i bet many people will just tick anything. Even the new immigration lady at padang besar seemed a little puzzled by them at first.

It is true. I have a blank copy right here in front of me.

Now , I can't deny any country's right to collect information about it's visitors, but there should be some international agreement on what is needed for whatever acceptable purposes. any other additional info a government wants to collect, can be on it, but on a "voluntary" basis. I cannot be forced to divulge my income level when i like to visit a country. I cannot be forced to give my type of accomodation, etc etc.

I'v noticed that more and more info is gathered by official, semi-official and non-official agencies since 9/11. i.e. buy a book at the duty free in the airport. you will be ask boarding pass, passport. Why? Why should a commercial organization collect info from my passport for what purpose? My boarding pass contains the info necessary that I'm a legit traveler.

Some governments have this "Big Brother' capacity not yet, but they are assisted by foreign (USA) agencies to build it up.

Since 9/11 the us government has imposed to other nations, rules that are inconsistent with civil liberties.

All this additional info gathered by different agencies is somehow stored with no guaranties on the usage and the privacy.

:o

I'v noticed that more and more info is gathered by official, semi-official and non-official agencies since 9/11. i.e. buy a book at the duty free in the airport. you will be ask boarding pass, passport. Why? Why should a commercial organization collect info from my passport for what purpose? My boarding pass contains the info necessary that I'm a legit traveler.

that's always been like that and is because they want to see you not just landed instead of going to depart.

it's for tax reasons to make sure you're in between borders.

Darknight, the boarding Pass would do suffice for that! No need for the Passport!

Sunny

The passport is to check that you're the person named on the boarding pass...

(especially in the EU, where if you're flying within Europe, you can't buy some items, but if flying beyond Europe, you can... - otherwise there would be a lucrative trade in lending boarding cards at the dutyfree in Heathrow. 8-)

Now , I can't deny any country's right to collect information about it's visitors, but there should be some international agreement on what is needed for whatever acceptable purposes. any other additional info a government wants to collect, can be on it, but on a "voluntary" basis. I cannot be forced to divulge my income level when i like to visit a country. I cannot be forced to give my type of accomodation, etc etc.

Take a look at the UK Form VAF1, which has to be completed for a visitor's visa to the UK. You have to give your income (not band) and a description of your assets.

Just consider all the personal information a Thai person has to give to get a visa to the US, UK, Japan, or EU country...talk about an invasion of privacy!

It?s true with the new Tm card.

Don?t worry about the amount of income box.

just got back at BKK airport.

I left the box unchecked, no one batted an eyelid.

If they had, would have ticked the smallest amount of income.

Thailand is not a country I would tell my true income to.

as a tourist.

(Money number one)