Posting Thumbnails And Pictures

Jai Dee

Recently I had some problems with my blog, where some thumbnails linked to photographs I had uploaded in my gallery were not displaying anymore.

I had sent PM's to George and Darknight to see if they could help me with the problem, but unfortunately they were unable to assist.

I just solved this problem today, and am posting it here in case other members find the information useful.

What I didn't realise with all my cutting and pasting, referencing thumbnails in the gallery etc, was that when you upload photographs, the Invision database automatically assigns a different numerical directory to the photo... as I was copying and pasting from previous blog entries, I was changing the photo filename but not the directory number.

See highlighted number below for example.

(spaces added to show the text of the link)

h t t p :// w w w .thaivisa .com /forum /uploads /1118175835 / gallery _15398 _153 _369116.jpg

Thus to get a blog entry like this...

tn_gallery_15398_153_369116.jpg Removal of shuttering 01

The code behind the entry must read like this...

[ u r l = h t t p ://w w w .thaivisa .com / forum / uploads / 1118175835 / gallery_ 15398 _ 153_ 369116.jpg ][ img ] h t t p :// w w w .thaivisa .com / forum / uploads / 1118175835 / tn_gallery_ 15398 _153 _369116. jpg [ / img ] Removal of shuttering 01 [ / u r l ]

Remove all the spaces from the above and you have a thumbnail of your gallery image on your blog/posting, and when you click on it, the full sized gallery image will appear in another window.

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

By way of a further explanation to this, if you right-click on your uploaded image in your gallery, then click on properties, you will be able to read the gallery-assigned address for your image.

For example: h t t p :// w w w .thaivisa .com /forum /uploads /1118175835 / gallery _15398 _153 _369116.jpg

(minus the spaces of course)

:o