Elite Card

Guest IT Manager

Guest IT Manager

We have received the following official information pack from Christina Dodd.

Christina is an official representative of the Thailand Elite Card Membership Club and is fully authorized to promote and sell Memberships.

Thailand Elite Membership

Thailand Elite:

The world's first country membership club for friends of Thailand who are entitled to benefits and privileges throughout the whole of the Kingdom. The benefits to members are practically endless and cover the whole spectrum of living in Thailand, from leisure, to eating to travel, to immigration and health care.

The Company

The Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC Company Limited), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and is responsible for the Thailand Elite Card membership, management, operation and expansion.

Target Groups

1. High end tourists, celebrities, business executives and high ranking Government Officers.

2. Foreigners residing in Thailand, including business executives, and officers of international organizations.

3. Foreign investors who are interested in starting business in Thailand.

Qualification for Membership

• No limit of age.

• Never been sentenced for more than 6 months custodial sentence in a prison.

• Not adjudicated bankrupt.

• Not of unsound mind or incompetent

• Is not a Thai Citizen

Membership Fees:

US$25,000

*The Company reserves the right to change Membership fees without notice

* Membership Fees may be paid in Thailand – the amount is Baht 1,000,000.

Membership Validity:

LIFE TIME

* Transfer fee is subject to a fee equaling of 10% of the membership fee.

Member Privileges

Members are entitled to special privileges which cover multiple services provided by both the Thai Government Sector as well as Private Sectors. These include special assistance regarding investment opportunities and investment privileges reserved for Members only.

Remarks

• Services at all Thailand International Airports

• Transfer only for the cities where international airports are located

Free Services:

• Full access to over 25 selected golf courses throughout Thailand

• Free green fee. Companions pay special rate

• 1.5 hours traditional Thai massage at over 80 exclusive Thailand Elite selected spas

• Free medical check up at 14 Thailand Elite selected hospitals

Visa Privileges:

• 5 year multiple entry Visa

• Each stay for 90 days

• Extension for every 90 days without leaving Thailand (fee Bt 1,900/extension)

• Immediate family will be also entitled for the same privileges.

• Airport Services:

Currently

• Tourist visa 30 days

• Non immigrant visa 90 days

• Foreigner needs to leave Thailand for re-entry visa .. daily fee of Bt200 for over stay

In bound

• Greeting at the airplane gate

• Electric car services to VIP lounge

• Immigration service fast track

• Luggage and customs services

• Free transfer to hotel/residence

Out bound

• Free transfer to airport

• Check in service

• Immigration service

• VIP lounges

Discounts & Specialties:

• Thai Airways International

• First & business class, buy 1 get 1 free

• 25% discount for a first or business class

• 25% discount for a business class local flights

• VIP lounges worldwide

• Thailand's best hotels

• Thailand's most popular restaurants & entertainment venues

• Customized tour programs

• Private airplane, helicopter, yacht, car rental

Property Investment Privileges:

• Possess in total of 10 Rai (16,000sqm) under "Land Privilege Company"

• Use only for residential

• Transfer arrangement fee USD $1,000 to "Land Privilege Company"

• Transfer the same rights

Future Member Exclusive Facilities:

Thailand Elite members will benefit from our growing range of participating vendors:

• Boutique Hotels

• Golf Courses

• Exclusive Member Clubs

Should you have any further questions about the Thailand Elite Card or wish in fact to make inquiries to purchase one, we invite you to contact us via PM through this web site to arrange for more information about the membership and / or its privileges.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT M, is this a commercial?

The only difference to the kit I got:

US$25,000

*The Company reserves the right to change Membership fees without notice

* Membership Fees may be paid in Thailand – the amount is Baht1,000,000.

Perhaps comparing the $-Baht xch-rate the VAT is included.

No, I am not going to ask Christina, as I denied the offer already to become a member, at least for the time being.

• No limit of age.

• Never been sentenced for more than 6 months custodial sentence in a prison.

• Not adjudicated bankrupt.

• Not of unsound mind or incompetent

• Is not a Thai Citizen

• The older the better

• Not that much of a crook

• Not Enron

• Not Michael Jackson or Bernard Trink

• Sod off fellow countrymen

• Pished Again :o

Guest IT Manager

In fact it is 1,000,000 bt however that was what they sent me.

No it isn't an ad. People have been asking the questions, I went and got the answers.

IT

I think it's not bad, and would'nt mind one myself, the only concern as with everything in Thailand is that the rules change all the time. Future governments could abolish this whole thing in a few years or more, and then as always you're "shit out of luck", and a million Baht lighter.

where's the guarantees???

I agree with Bangkok-bob,

In over 15 years of living and working here in Thailand I can not count the number of times the rules have changed when a new government comes in.

What are the assurances that the whole scheme won't be change or abolished in the future?

My company is under the Thai American Amnity Treaty, that they can not change as it is between His Magisity The King of Thailand and Lyndon B Johnson President of the United States as stated in the Treaty, but don't think they haven't tried. Have to have the treaty registration paper and a copy of the treaty handy when dealing with the government departments.

The biggest advantage to being under the Treaty is there is less hassle with U.S. Companies shipping to us as well as thier excellent customer service provided when they know you are under the treaty.

As far as Thailand goes it is mostly ignored by the Thai Government.

My Thai friends in the U.S. under the Treaty in the U.S. they have all the advantages and no problems using the provisions of the treaty.

Not quite a level playing field

IT

Thanks. I believe someone posted it could not be used for foreigners staying in Thailand for the land purchase? At least we know it is 25 golf courses. It is still a interesting offer but they should have the exact terms and info before they start

flaunting it. Still like buying a new car to find out doors windows engine and tires are extra charges or not included. It is getting clearer now.

Until a law to enact the land priviledge under this scheme is enacted members can make arrangements with a company called "Land Priviledge Company" to hold the land for the member. It can be done only once and only for residential purpose.

Totally 10 Rai (16,000 sqm). I don't see any restriction for members living in Thailand.

Otherwise I agree, they should go public AFTER all the agreements are made.

re the land priviledge, you still don't really "own" the land, a company related to thai priviledge company actually ownes it and you are really leasing it long-term. think you can only "sell" it back to thai priviledge co.

also, you have to build a house on your property within 5 years and the value of the house must be at least B25M if memory serves or around $500k. this is all taken from the official website of the thai elite card co. so they are still telling you what you can do with all your "priviledges."

plus, you still have to do visa runs every three months and if you go for an extra extension, you still have to pay the B1900 fee!!!

Guest IT Manager
IT

Thanks. I believe someone posted it could not be used for foreigners staying in Thailand for the land purchase? At least we know it is 25 golf courses. It is still a interesting offer but they should have the exact terms and info before they start

flaunting it. Still like buying a new car to find out doors windows engine and tires are extra charges or not included. It is getting clearer now.

The terms are clear. The only thing not in place is the law managing it. There is an interim setup to manage land on behalf of members, which says that it will amnage until the law is in place.

I like it now I have seen the prospectus. If you want a copy, PM me and I will ask for it to be sent to you direct.

IT

LIFE TIME

So are these cards resaleable?

So if someone gets a card and say after 5/10 years they no longer need it (on their deathbed or whatever) these cards will be available for as little as BT100000?

Sure, you can sell your membership at the fee mentioned.

Perhaps you sell it at a huge profit, provided the club stopped accepting new applications and has a loooong waiting list.

Would it ever happen? :o

Guest IT Manager
LIFE TIME

So are these cards resaleable?

So if someone gets a card and say after 5/10 years they no longer need it (on their deathbed or whatever) these cards will be available for as little as BT100000?

The way I read the prospectus,you can transfer the card to another person by selling it. They have to undergo the same vetting process,and upon approval the cost of the transfer is 1,000 USD. If you want to give it away fine, however, yes it can be resold and the benefits are sold with it.

Re the house. You have one year to submit a building application, and 3 years to build. There is no price listed on the prospectus for the amount you have to spend on the house, and it can be anywhere in the Kingdom. Also the land does not have to be 1 parcel, it can total up to 10 rai is all.

######,

Quote from your earlier mail:

"There is an interim setup to manage land on behalf of members, which says that it will amnage until the law is in place".

Please don't misunderstand my following comment, which is not intended to be a personal comment directed at you - I relaize that you are the message carrier.

My comment / question - Does anybody really believe that the laws about land ownership will actually be changed, even for this activity?

Thais a have rock solid attitude to this subject. I just cannot imagine a situation where an amendment to land ownership laws, allowing aliens to own land, wrapped up in any way, goes thru parliamnet.

Different comment - How long will it take before the golf courses, Thai massage shops etc., get tired of people coming for 'free' golf / 'free' massages.

I'm assuming (repeat assuming) that:

1. These providors are entitled to some compensation, I guess from the funds taken in from the sale of the cards. If ther are not entitled to compensation / reimbursement, then why would they get involved?

2. They have to submit some form of invoice or request for reimbursement to the elite fund company, every time a card member uses the 'free' service.

Has anybody done any business with a Thai government Dept, remembering that TAT, and any business ventures it sets up, are government agencies? Has anybody submitted an invoice to a governemt agency? I can tell you that it's a nightmare, and payment is very very slow.

I'll go back to my original comment - How long will it take for the providors to get tired of this?

Christina, perhaps you would like to comment.

Regards

Guest IT Manager

The providers are compensated by the company. That is in the prospectus. It's almost as if they get paid to join.

They don't appear to have to submit invoices, they are paid for a new member joining. Again, this is my reading of the prospectus.

Is anyone interested in doing a seminar on the card in CM if I can organise it so the questions get answered. More than 10 and I will do it.

IT

Guest IT Manager

It can be banked/paid for in Baht in Thailand as well. They have not detailed why they are using the Singapore Bank as well, however, as one poster pointed out elsewhere, getting Dollars into an account in Thailand is not the fastest trip in the world, even if you are the Government.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...

A friend and long time resident and known author in Thailand has just informed me that there was quite a lot of discussion regarding the benefits of the Thailand Elite Card going on in this forum, and advised me to get involved and try to help clear the air.

My name is...Leslie Kierig

Sales and Marketing Advisor

Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd.

email: [email protected]

I have been singled out by the TPC as the person to answer all inquiries regarding benefits, terms, and conditions, etc. for both potential clients and broker/agents.

If there are any issues that you would like specifically addressed, please contact me directly at:

[email protected]

As previously mentioned by Khun Dion...he is a very well informed sales representative, and can also assist in this matter.

Best regards,

Leslie Kierig

Guest IT Manager

Welcome Leslie,

Hope you can help us to make sensse of all the issues surrounding the card, and especially issues surrounding the land ownership and visa areas.

We have been told of an offer to present a seminar in Chiang Mai in the new year for people to attend and get their questions answered.

IT

It would be nice to have Mr. Kierig from Elite Card answer questions in the forum. Nothing personal to each members circumstances need to be made public, BUT as the representative of a quasi goverment entity, it will help to have the questions publicly answered, it will serve some sort of future insurance for those serious about the card( as if any insurance against a government action is worth anything, but give them the benefit of the doubt at this time.)

Piet Pomies,

It might be a possibility regarding a Chiang Mai forum...depending on the time choosen and what my other obligations might be at that time. If you could organize a sizable number of people to attend...I would definately consider the trip.

I the mean time, I will try to devote more time to looking in on this forum.

In an attempt to be as 'hands-on' as I can regarding this forum..for those of you who may have urgent questions...I will be out of the country from December 28, 2003 - through January 5, 2004.

Guest IT Manager

An interactive Q & A forum will be held in Chiang Mai in the last week of January.

Please PM me for details and to put your names up. If you are coming from out of town, reduced rate rooms will be available for board members who wish to attend.

The seminar will be hosted by Aktiv Company, an appointed representative of Thailand Elite Card.

######