Good News The Other Day . .

My wife (Laotian not Thai) applied for the Settlement visa back on the 12th September we received an interview date for 2nd Feb 2006!

However last week my wife recieved a phone call tell her that her interview is now the 3rd November 2005!!!! I emailed the embassy thanking them and asked what had changed apparently they have restructured the appointment system.

I don't know if this only affected people waiting or it shorten everybodies waits?

So back to Laos next Friday cannot wait!

:o

I am happy for you.

FYI, when i spoke to UK embassy in Thailand about applying for a visa (last week), i was told the earliest i could expect an interview would be February-time, although it could be sooner if there were some interview cancelations.

Perhaps this is what happended in your case?

I am happy for you.

FYI, when i spoke to UK embassy in Thailand about applying for a visa (last week), i was told the earliest i could expect an interview would be February-time, although it could be sooner if there were some interview cancelations.

Perhaps this is what happended in your case?

Nope definately not a cancellation the embassy confirmed via email the change was because of restructuring of the appointment system.

Well obviously it hasn't shortened the list! I have to say when I found out our initial wait for 22 weeks I was gobsmacked as I phoned them 2 weeks before we applied and the wait was 18 weeks. A 4 week increase in 2 weeks!!! :D:o

I just hope they sort it out the waiting time fully soon, one thing they have definately improved on recently is replying to emails!

I just hope they sort it out the waiting time fully soon
The major factor in the length of waiting times is, of course, the number of applications. Hopefully the recently announced outsourcing of application processing will cut this time down.