Ipstar Star Express 2

Mobi

During the past 7 days or so, my IPstar Express 1 has gone from being barely tolerable to unusable. It rarely stays connected for more than half an hour or so, and the speeds are so slow it is worse than my dial up. I did send a strongly worded, but polite email to Loxinfo a few days ago, whereupon it did improve for a day or so (don't know if it was coincidence as they never replied or called), but it's now back to a more or less unsable state. I also have a friend who has given up completely on his Ipstar and now uses his dial up all the time.

Although Monty has advised that people in the Mabprachan area can get ASDL on land lines, True, TT&T and Loxinfo have point blank told me I am too far out when I gave them my phone numbers - so I don't know how I'm supposed to persuade them otherwise. I suspect Monty is a bit closer to town than me.

So it seems my only alternative is to upgrade to Express 2. I currently pay 1500 plus VAT/month for Express 1 and the Express 2 service is 4000/month, plus maybe some more installation costs. This is a lot of dosh, but if it gives me a decent internet service it will be worth it. Obviously I'll be pretty upset if I spend the extra money and its not much better.

Does anyone have any experience of Ipstar Express 2? Is it much quicker and more reliable? I would be grateful for any advice on this. :o

Alternatively, does anyone know if I could go the ISDN route? I am not a techie - How do I get an ISDN line? I currently have 2 normal landlines. :D

Thanks

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Mobi,

I'm only a couple of hundred meters closer to town then you :D

Indeed TT&T will refuse to hook you up to adsl.

Their limit is 3km from the exchange, we are over 6km away!

Reason is that at this distance it might or might not work. If it works, it will not be very reliable, and they are afraid that you'll hang on their phone every few days to complain.

In Europe they will try to hook you up regardless the distance, but their phonelines are in much better shape that that spaghetti bundle on the poles over here :o

As said before, I got hooked up by cheating a bit (they didn't know my address and I told them it was only 2.9km away from the exchange :D ), and in the process I got lucky with a reasonable stable adsl line...

Sometimes it will only connect at 64kbps, but a reboot of the modem will get it up to speed again...

Good for me because I know how the stuff works and know the limitations, but I can see your regular computer user hanging on the phone everyday to complain why the adsl is slow!

ISDN I doubt is available, and this is also distance limited from the exchange...

ISDN is ridiculous expensive as well! Around 28Baht/hour for 64kbps and double for 128kbps!

http://www.csloxinfo.com/broadband/isdn_en.asp#price

I'm afraid upgrading your iPSTAR package is not going to help you, there is no problem with your speed limit, but a problem with your connection through the satellite (most likely your iPSTAR box)

I would advice to keep buggering Wattana (who I assume did the installation) until they replace your iPSTAR box...

I have IPStar 2 no doubt it is a little faster -- but it is not reliable

Last week the whole service was down from Tuesday to Friday at best you could log on for a few minutes this was they said a gateway problem.

Otherwise the IPX-5100 seems ubnreliable -- their fix is to switch the box off and unscrew the Rx connection -- this seems to work but this is as far as I am concerned no fix I'd not buy a car where I ahd to stop and usncrew the light bulbs every couple of days.

Also the spped especially to foriegn sites especially is poor.

I've sent complaints to the ohly named people on the site those responsible for Investor Relations. Nobody seems responsible for customer relations.

Thank you ianc66 and Monty.

Monty, I assume you mean Wattana in Pattaya Klang? No they didn't install it, it was a dealer (name unknown) based in Chonburi city.

Yes it is a IPX-5100. I have been turning it off, but haven't tried disconnecting the RX cable. I'll give it a go.

So my email last Thursday was a coincidence, as the service picked up on Friday as you said. This week, not too bad - today ok so far except for one crash a few hours ago. Last night it was off for a while.

I certainly won't bother to change to Express 2.

Anyone know about Hutch? Will that work Ok at Mabprachan? (Or are they going out of business?)

May I jump in with a quick question?

I have been thinking about getting iPSTAR for a while now. Presently have a GPRS connection. (AIS)

Two things have been holding me back, price and the vast amount of problems people seem to have.

However, I see from Mobi's post that the price is down to 1.500 a month.

On CSLoxinfo's site it says 2.500 + 1.800 in installation.........

Can anyone explain this please. Have sent mail to CSLoxinfo and called their Customer Line and they don't seem to have any other information than what I can read on the website. (Did I say customer CARE line? My mistake...)

Thanks guys

touch

My IP-Star is fantastic now I upgraded it to the dustbin :D

Wish I could. If I did, I'd need 2 dustbins connected by a piece of string to communicate with anyone. :D

....."However, I see from Mobi's post that the price is down to 1.500 a month.

On CSLoxinfo's site it says 2.500 + 1.800 in installation.........

Can anyone explain this please"....

It was a special offer back in November when I signed up. No longer applies I'm afraid - you're stuck with 2500 p.m. If you've got any other alternatives I suggest you give Ipstar a miss. :D

As soon as I find a viable alternative I'll willingly pay the 1 month's cancellation plus 3000 de-installation to get rid of it. :o

Mobi,

Hutch will work in Mabprachan, there's a guy living about 500m from you using it.

Thing is sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow, sometimes unusable... Also not suitable for heavy users, as you have a 890 Mb data traffic limit/month. 1 Baht/mb if you go over...

And no, I doubt they'll go out of business anytime soon...

I was thinking about Lampard :o among others.

My gprs gives me 14 kpbs on a good day....

touch

My GPRS is running at I think 115bps, as I can't bring up the meter, it's too slow.

Today my Max net has been running between 116 kbps & 1,300 kbps. At the mo it's 622 kbps. Is that amount of fluctuation normal? Or is it just TiT?

I got Express 2 and it is totally and utterly hopeless.

Cant find the server.

Server re set

Corrupt downloads

etc. etc.

Login succeeded.

Lost Network Synchronization.

Logging off.

Releasing IP address

Searching for network.

They are selling this thing and charging money for it and quite frankly it don't work worth a sh*t

Their standard reply to my literaly dozens of emails is

reproduced below:

We are sorry for any inconvenience and our delay in replying.

Regarding your concern, we would like to inform you that

we have sent this problem to our engineer already and

our engineer is investigating this problem and

we will find the solution to solve the problem.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience once again.

Really very sad.

Otherwise the IPX-5100 seems ubnreliable -- their fix is to switch the box off and unscrew the Rx connection -- this seems to work but this is as far as I am concerned no fix I'd not buy a car where I ahd to stop and usncrew the light bulbs every couple of days.

Sorry don't understand, unscrew the RX connection? Can you enlarge on that please.

I just sent another email to them asking them what the problem is. when it will be fixed and what level of compensation they intend to offer.

Also told them if they don't sort it out they will have no customers left.

Meanwhile back on the 28kbs dial up :o

Gotta keep smiling though otherwise I would slash my wrists and hang over the end of the bath, or visit a balcony or a shooting range or something, at least I got a connection not like poor Mr. Mobi...

Sorry don't understand, unscrew the RX connection? Can you enlarge on that please.

I just sent another email to them asking them what the problem is. when it will be fixed and what level of compensation they intend to offer.

Also told them if they don't sort it out they will have no customers left.

Meanwhile back on the 28kbs dial up :D

Gotta keep smiling though otherwise I would slash my wrists and hang over the end of the bath, or visit a balcony or a shooting range or something, at least I got a connection not like poor Mr. Mobi...

Not strictly correct. My Ipstar has been giving me connections all day long - each time for 5 - 10 minutes or so before disconnecting for varying lengths of time. All my internet work today has been done on a dial up (which I am now using). Yesterday was marginally better but today is the pits. :D

I guess 'unscrewing the rx connection' simply means unscrewing the cable from the RX port on the box, and then putting it back again. Can't see how this would help, but I tried it anyway and haven't found any noticeable improvement. :o

BTW Monty, my comment about Hutch was based on a Bangkok Post article a couple of weeks ago. They aren't making any money in Thailand and are seeking a partnership with True - God help us! Their customer base is very small, which is hardly surprising as they won't sign farangs up unless they have work permits. Very short sighted and shows lack of understanding of the market they're in - I know of several farangs who want Hutch but cannot get any Thais to do the necessary for them. :D

The only good thing about Ipstar is that the monthly price went from 3,000 to 2,500 baht per month. Believe me if I had ANY other choice the dish and modem would be sitting on the porch waiting to be picked up. GPRS sucks worse than Ipstar and there are no land lines available now or in the near future.

Maybe now, all those people that shot me down in flames when I said IP Star was a load of <deleted> would apologise. It is now actually worse than when I dumped it six months ago.

I'm scratching my head......because Ipstar has been great for me. I pay 4,280 each month. Lately it has been going down somewhat....but all I do is turn off the modem.....let it reboot/reconnect and usually I get at least 3-4 more hours of good connections.

When the techs first installed Ipstar they seemed to be REALLY HAPPY that I had the higher-priced package (higher speed) and also that I was running XP Pro. They said I should have no problems and with few exceptions it has been great for me.

Can't understand why others have so many problems. Knocking on wood however....... :D

Lately my 'signal strength' and 'ESno' have been lower and I suspect this has something to do with a few lost connections that I didn't have in the past.

Overall I'm pleased with Ipstar. I have no idea why it works well for me. :o

This came from them a while back so we shall see. Maybe give me your feed back because they are saying the problem was only from the 28th to the 2nd but as far as I can see yesterday was unusable and today in order to avoid the stress I am using dial up so don't know.

"We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

we have checked your record and find that we would like

to inform you that we have checked your record and found

that you have experienced for the service interruption of

28/02/06 - 02/03/06 because there was unforeseeen circumstance

with Thaicom 4 Gateway Overload. Some iPSTAR users might

experience disconnection problem. Please be informed that this

problem has been recovered already.

Moreover we would like to inform you that our engineer

have solved this problem to upgrade software of Gateway

Thaicom 1 to Gateway Thaicom 2 since 2/03/06 to 3/03/06

already."

I'm scratching my head......because Ipstar has been great for me. I pay 4,280 each month. Lately it has been going down somewhat....but all I do is turn off the modem.....let it reboot/reconnect and usually I get at least 3-4 more hours of good connections.

When the techs first installed Ipstar they seemed to be REALLY HAPPY that I had the higher-priced package (higher speed) and also that I was running XP Pro. They said I should have no problems and with few exceptions it has been great for me.

Can't understand why others have so many problems. Knocking on wood however....... :D

Lately my 'signal strength' and 'ESno' have been lower and I suspect this has something to do with a few lost connections that I didn't have in the past.

With the greatest possible respect falling over and having to reboot every 3-4 hours is not a great service. I've got multiple users via wireless (Linksys wireless router been running two months without a reboot you know works the way equipment should). a tad inconvienient I think to fall over so frequently. Why don't IPStar fix their boxes or issue us all with a clock timer to switch it off every 3 hours.

Edited by ianc66

This came from them a while back so we shall see. Maybe give me your feed back because they are saying the problem was only from the 28th to the 2nd but as far as I can see yesterday was unusable and today in order to avoid the stress I am using dial up so don't know.

"We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

we have checked your record and find that we would like

to inform you that we have checked your record and found

that you have experienced for the service interruption of

28/02/06 - 02/03/06 because there was unforeseeen circumstance

with Thaicom 4 Gateway Overload. Some iPSTAR users might

experience disconnection problem. Please be informed that this

problem has been recovered already.

Moreover we would like to inform you that our engineer

have solved this problem to upgrade software of Gateway

Thaicom 1 to Gateway Thaicom 2 since 2/03/06 to 3/03/06

already."

Well I can tell you Rimmer that its been pretty awful today - disconnecting repeatedly, and extremeely slow when connected. I have a desk top and a lap top, so I use dial up on the lap top (to avoid stress) and tune into BBC via Ipstar on the desk top, and also have the Ipstar Gateway site up on thdesk top so that I can monitor the disconnections.(I'm a masochist).

BTW Who do you contact at Ipstar/Loxinfo to complain? I might as well join the band wagon - the more the merrier and all that jazz. :o

already."

Well I can tell you Rimmer that its been pretty awful today - disconnecting repeatedly, and extremeely slow when connected. I have a desk top and a lap top, so I use dial up on the lap top (to avoid stress) and tune into BBC via Ipstar on the desk top, and also have the Ipstar Gateway site up on thdesk top so that I can monitor the disconnections.(I'm a masochist).

BTW Who do you contact at Ipstar/Loxinfo to complain? I might as well join the band wagon - the more the merrier and all that jazz. :o

I have the gateway up all the time as well so I can tell if I am in or out up or down as it were.

I've just turned it on now ready to do battle with the thing.

The telephone number is 022637171 you then have to press 9 then 4 to get english

The email is [email protected]

Good idea to get more people on to it otherwise they will just let it go and we will be the victims.

Incidentaly I up graded from 1 to 2 for just the same reason as you but for 6 weeks they insisted the plan had been changed when in fact it had not. I finaly blew up at them and they changed it before my very eyes. The bandwidth shot up from 200 to 500 in a couple of seconds. It was better for a while until they came along and put the new head on the dish and logged me into the new satalite. Now it sucks most of the time.

Regarding complaining yes the more the better.

There is no customer care contact on their web site but I've been copying the people on this page with my complaints (and a link to this forum thread)

http://www.csloxinfo.com/investor/contacts.asp

These are the investor relations people who might be a little busy at the moment but what the hel_l if I'm suffering so can they.

I have just had a mail from the service centre offering a credit for my downtime -- which is OK but I need uptime not money however if it starts costing them money the suits might start paying attention.

Contact details for the service centre

'For further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact iPSTAR

Service Center 0-2263-7171 for 24 hours a day. Also, you can email:

[email protected] or [email protected].

Please refer to your Network Box number or Customer Number everytime you

contact us.'

....Contact details for the service centre

'For further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact iPSTAR

contact us.'...

I was off permantly all yesterday evening,I turned off the power over night, but it was still off this morning when I powered up, and finally was connected around midday. Since then its been patchy - virtually unusable. The quoted phone number has the recorded message stating the 'gateway problem'. This is even though another subscriber nearby had been connected all morning, and even after midday when I was connected they were still advising that I would be 'unable to connect at this time etc.' Its a total shambles!

I agree, its not a question of money - we just want an internet connection. Is there anything that can be done? I'm happy to complain, but doubt it'll do much good.

Yet another new wrinkle ! I guess they are tired of complaints and don't want to hear any more. I typed up ANOTHER complaint and get this when I try to send it;

Re: Poor service

"This message was written in a character set other than your own. If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window".

A new window didn't work either.

I think they know that the service stinks and won't admit it. Apparently they have no idea how to get it going. I would think that soon they will have no customers to worry about.

With the greatest possible respect falling over and having to reboot every 3-4 hours is not a great service. I've got multiple users via wireless (Linksys wireless router been running two months without a reboot you know works the way equipment should). a tad inconvienient I think to fall over so frequently. Why don't IPStar fix their boxes or issue us all with a clock timer to switch it off every 3 hours.

Hmmm.....guess I should have been more detailed in my post. I would say that 'on average' I have to reboot maybe once every 3 days. Usually 1 reboot will last the rest of the day. On a few rare occasions I will have a 'bad day' and have to reboot twice. Ipstar (for me) has been LIGHT YEARS ahead of any internet cafe I have used in Thailand. When I first got Ipstar (Dec. 24 I think was exact date) I went roughly 3 weeks WITHOUT EVER BEING DOWN AND USING EVERY DAY.

This ain't Las Vegas where I had 3 meg up/down and go for months without a problem......but for Thailand the land of techno-crap I'm happy so far with Ipstar. :D

I live in the country with no phone line so don't really have much of a choice.

Regarding complaining:-

In Saturdays 12/03 Bangkok Post Postbag (the letters page) Ken Alberstsen of Chaing Rai comments on the Shin Co and it's customer care ability.

In part he comments on IPSTAR '..and frankly , the service is not reliable nor as good as advertised.'

This being in the Post is good, Temaseks' clipping service would likley pick this up -- maybe it will have an effect

Edited by ianc66

I've gone one better than checking bandwidth I've installed a real time IP monitor -- of which I will write more in another topic later

After two episodes of downtime yesterday I had a conversation with the helpdesk, No supervisor available this is the mail their response my response:-

Unacceptable.

The downtime on 15/03 was not caused by weather. Incidently the problem only seemed to be

port 80 port 53 which I am also monitoring remained stable.

You must fix your consumer boxes so they can resynchronize without user intervention.

Dear Sir,

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenince

we have investigated this problem and find that the gateway is normally,

but your signal quite high delay time, it was caused the whether

condition as below:

- iPSTAR Service is always on internet connection,

but it does not mean the internet is stable all the time.

Sometime the service might be interruption because this service

is communicate by the frequency which this is depend on

the weather and the disturb signal.

In case of you have experienced for this problem,

we would like to recommend you that you should switch off

the consume box estimate 10 minute and switch on

the consumer box once again in order to synchronize the signal once again.

Please accpet our apologies for the service interruption once again.

For further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact iPSTAR

contact us.

Thank you for using iPSTAR service,

Please attach the original message when reply.

Yours Sincerely,

iPSTAR Service Center

CS Loxinfo Public Company Limited

Tel: 0-2263-7171

Fax. 0-2263-8005

E-mail : [email protected]

----- Original Message -----

To: "iPSTAR Service Center" <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:51 PM

Subject: Downtime

>

> The service has not been running I called just after 12:00 gateway team at

> lunch and my

> satelllite box was rebooted by you 13:10 I temporary fix again it failed

> I called a few minutes

> ago the gate way was down. Now fixed.

>

> Asked to speak to supervisor not available.

>

>

>

> Your advertising describes this a an 'always-on connection'

>

> Please have somebody senior call me to explain what you are doing to make

> it the service

> you advertise.

> 06 0**** (edited by me)

>

> membership number 9490000586

> EB000778

>

> This log show my downtime today

> 15/03/2006 07:59:44 3714 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 3714 ms

> 15/03/2006 08:14:43 2694 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2694 ms

> 15/03/2006 08:29:43 2384 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2384 ms

> 15/03/2006 08:44:43 2455 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2455 ms

> 15/03/2006 08:59:43 2236 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2236 ms

> 15/03/2006 09:14:46 5590 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 5590 ms

> 15/03/2006 09:30:41 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 09:31:42 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 09:47:34 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:02:37 62528 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 62528 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:17:34 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:32:33 58826 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 58826 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:47:37 62914 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 62914 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:48:02 24455 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 24455 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:49:58 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 10:50:57 57631 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 57631 ms

> 15/03/2006 11:06:00 29063 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 29063 ms

> 15/03/2006 11:21:31 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 11:22:32 60130 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60130 ms

> 15/03/2006 11:36:58 60130 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60130 ms

> 15/03/2006 11:51:52 53359 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 53359 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:07:01 62734 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 62734 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:07:47 45739 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 45739 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:13:53 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:14:34 40050 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Slow 40050 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:27:40 60131 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60131 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:28:40 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:38:40 60130 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60130 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:48:24 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 12:52:51 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:00:06 60129 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 60129 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:07:43 4543 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 4543 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:22:39 2146 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2146 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:38:37 61408 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 61408 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:39:38 61148 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 61148 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:42:19 2234 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2234 ms

> 15/03/2006 13:50:55 1873 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 1873 ms

> 15/03/2006 14:05:55 2313 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2313 ms

> 15/03/2006 14:20:57 3983 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 3983 ms

> 15/03/2006 14:35:55 1557 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 1557 ms

> 15/03/2006 14:50:56 2580 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2580 ms

> 15/03/2006 15:05:55 2897 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 2897 ms

> 15/03/2006 15:21:54 61307 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 61307 ms

> 15/03/2006 15:22:56 61162 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 61162 ms

> 15/03/2006 15:24:06 61591 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: Error: Read

> Timeout (#2)

> 61591 ms

> 15/03/2006 15:38:08 3619 csloxinfo.com HTTP HTTP Sensor1: OK 3619 ms

>

My Ipstar was unusable for about 2 weeks, followed by about 10 days when it was pretty good (by their standards) - very little down time - just the odd break for a few seconds and then back on again.

yesterday 15th March, it was on all day, but the bandwiddth became progressively slower/smaller? so by afternoon it was so slow I couldn't connect to anything (not even my email or TV) except Google, and I had to resort to dial up for the rest of the day/evening.

Today, its fine agin - so far as at 11.am

It's strange that you were disconnected yesterday and I was on. I have found this happens a lot in talking to other Ipstar users. One guy is on when the next is off. Do Loxinfo spread the connections around? Is it possible that they cannot provide a service to all subscribers at once so they arbritrarily roll out cuts to different areas/subscribers?

Any views on this?

Shall we all arrange a mass protest outside Loxinfo offices and demand the chairman's resignation? :o

I think I have a scheme for the equivalent of a mass protest for IPSTAR and indeed any of the broadband ISPs

see my post:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63246

I intend to wait for a body of evidence to accumulate then mail among others:

Mr. Thanapong Na Ranong,

Marketing Director

Shin Satellite PCL

41/103 Rattanathibet Road,

Nothaburi 11000

With the address of the post.

As for why some people are off and not others I suspect the issue is the satellite modemIPX-5100 getting in a bad state, the helpdesks constant suggestion for any problem is to restart the modem. What is wrong I'm not sure in detail peraphs a memory leak peraphs passing some error threshold (there is a suggestion in the handbook to monitor CRC errors via web page but it doe'snt work on my box).

The bottom line is that the boxes are faulty as I've said in another post I have a Linksys wireless router which hasd worked fine with no reboot for over two months.

What I cannot get the helpdesk to realize is that rebooting the router is not a fix it is workround, until they fix their boxes.

They also bleat on about heat effecting theboxes adversly -- peraphs whoever designed (a company called Efficient Channel Coding (ECC) apparently) these boxes brief was a bit off not knowing Thailand is hot.

The last two days has been very slow!

Call IpStar Customer Service and insist on speaking to the Supervisor. They normally say he is not there. If he is "not there" I then ask to be connected to the CEO of CS-Loxinfo, and that make the trick everytime.

The supervisor will be with you within a few minutes. :o

My Ipstar was unusable for about 2 weeks, followed by about 10 days when it was pretty good (by their standards) - very little down time - just the odd break for a few seconds and then back on again.

yesterday 15th March, it was on all day, but the bandwiddth became progressively slower/smaller? so by afternoon it was so slow I couldn't connect to anything (not even my email or TV) except Google, and I had to resort to dial up for the rest of the day/evening.

Shall we all arrange a mass protest outside Loxinfo offices and demand the chairman's resignation? :o

Mine was on off, up down, in and out for most of the day so finally I connected using my dial up, surprised how fast it is really after a few weeks of IPS nonesense.