New Passport

Just renewed my UK Passport. I am currently on 30 entry stamp with about 5 days remaining. Do I need to go to Suan Plu to transfer this stamp, or can I take my old and new Passport to the border when I do my next visa run?

Just renewed my UK Passport. I am currently on 30 entry stamp with about 5 days remaining. Do I need to go to Suan Plu to transfer this stamp, or can I take my old and new Passport to the border when I do my next visa run?

i would recommend going to BKK immigration and having your current stay information copied over, it's quick, painless and free.

i would recommend going to BKK immigration and having your current stay information copied over, it's quick, painless and free.

Sunbelt mentioned in another thread that you HAVE to go to immi to get the stamp transferred and that you can't do it at the airport. Time for a trip to Suan Plu I think.

They may ask for a letter from the embassy. In my case the receipt for the passport fee satisfied them, so don"t throw it away.

They may ask for a letter from the embassy. In my case the receipt for the passport fee satisfied them, so don"t throw it away.

grandad........i dont see the need for any reciept, he has his new passport already. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

I believe that there is supposed to be a letter of request from your Embassy to the Immigration Police to transfer the stamp as part of normal Diplomatic protocol. Believe poster was saying the Embassy receipt would serve that purpose. I know for a fact the US Embassy has always provided such a letter and complete instructions for us; but perhaps they just know how dumb we are. :o

The British Embassy does not provide such a letter. You must take the receipt for the passport with you. The receipt isn't anything special either, it just looks like a recept from Tescos.

If the British Embassy has cut off the corners of your old passport to invalidate it then you really should go and get the visa transferred to the new one asap. It's free and you just need to fill in a very simple form.

Just take both passports with you when you next do a visa run. They will transfer the old TM no.and info to the new passport. No problem at all. No need to go to your local immigation office. No need for letters from your embassy.

Thanks for the suggestions, just to let you know I went to Suan Plu and transfered the stamp. No passport receipt was asked for but photocopys of new and old passport and arrival card are required. All in all took about an hour.

Thanks again.