How To Get Live Bbc Commentary .. Easy !

darrenb

A bit daft but it works a treat :-)

Phone home with Skype and get someone to put the receiver next to the phone. No delays, and you can chat to the other person at the same time. I am watching and listening with my dad back in the UK .... lol great

The cost is only costs UK 1.2p a minute

bargain

maybe someone with uk contacts who could arrange for the bbc internet commentary to be broadcast out over skype and we as skype users join a conference call and listen in onto that feed ... bit like what im doing with my old man but more orgainsed

maybe someone with uk contacts who could arrange for the bbc internet commentary to be broadcast out over skype and we as skype users join a conference call and listen in onto that feed ... bit like what im doing with my old man but more orgainsed

why cant you just both connect to each other via skype PC to PC then get the UK end to put radio 5 on the net or on the raido and then get the UK end to put a mic from your PC next to the PC speakers or radio speakers then its free

because he dont have a computer .. but yeah your right you can do it that way ...skype to skype its free and others can join in on a conference .....easy enough to do and i bet the quality would be a little better than my old man shouting and swearing in the background with his telephone receiver taped to the tele (no joke) ... it was good though, i was getting depressed sitting at home watching the world cup with no sound ... i kept falling asleep in the later matches, you just cant get a good feel of the game staring at a silent tele or worse listening to the thai commentary :o

if nobody can sort the internet way out then ill stick to my slightly unusual way of getting my commentary fix throughout this world cup

:D

because he dont have a computer .. but yeah your right you can do it that way ...skype to skype its free and others can join in on a conference .....easy enough to do and i bet the quality would be a little better than my old man shouting and swearing in the background with his telephone receiver taped to the tele (no joke) ... it was good though, i was getting depressed sitting at home watching the world cup with no sound ... i kept falling asleep in the later matches, you just cant get a good feel of the game staring at a silent tele or worse listening to the thai commentary :o

if nobody can sort the internet way out then ill stick to my slightly unusual way of getting my commentary fix throughout this world cup

:D

Have you no bars near you? I know I live 50 km from the neareast and only go for the England games, bt if I lived a few kms away I know where I'd be for this month.

What's the problem? I'm watching Sophon Cable here in Pattaya and there's been English commentary for the Australia and the Czech games. It even came on for the second half of the England game (that might have been UBC).

Quality Media Streaming for all World Cup Matches can be found at

http://202.71.102.170/~my88/myChat/index.html

It is connected to Chat rooms and to go to Lve Streams, scroll down the menu and click "Live Streaming" or at http://www.backnlay.info. Latter, it will be moved here (incorporating our Tips)

http://202.71.102.170/~my88/info/theclub.html

Edited by backnlay

The Sun is doing live english commentary for all matches.

This is the only one I've found that isn't geographically limited and I considered that crazy Skype option at first!

Actual Page with link (can be slow under demand) :- http://thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260665,00.html

Media is here :- http://clients.mediaondemand.net/theSun/?Channel=1

Hope this a worthy post for you folks :o

Commence watchable football!

Quibbler.

Edited by quibbler

well, nobody is talking abt the lagging that u might face.......i watched the game on my Tv but tried to listen the commentary on the web. I have adsl connection and i haven't faced any buffering. But the game on Tv and the tempo of web commentary doesn't go concurrently so it might be few seconds behind or ahead. For example, when i was watching the Argentina match, they already scores a goal but the commentary was still busy in explaining the passing. :o

quite annoying....

.......Thai authority should broadcast the english commentary on the Radio perhaps...

In live sport programme like F1, on the satelitte broadcast in Malaysia you have a choice of 2 languages. English and Chinese (commentators are from source and Hong Kong respectively). This also applies to certain selective programmes too.

A Thai friend of mine has just returned yesterday from a business trip to London. He is absolutely furious at the BBC and ITV for not broadcasting their commentary of early World Cup games in Thai. He thinks is is disrespectful to all Thai visitors and residents to the UK.

I apologised to him on behalf of my country.

Shameful. Truly shameful.

Absolutely - I think it is dreadful that all games are not broadcast in all languages in all countries because otherwise we could well be offending people from somewhere...

I am guessing that bendix and/or his friend is kidding....or at least I hope so...

:o

Edited by Greer

Yes a very funny comment about BBC and ITV not commentating in Thai in the Uk, but i fear u were a little hasty in your grovelling!

If your friend went to the UK and took out a satellite subscription to receive programmes in Thai and then was short changed by them being distributed in English, then your crawling would have been justified.

The argument here surely is that UBC/True (sic) take that as UBC/Lie, take an average of a peasants wages for subscription charges per month (around 2,000 baht) to broadcast an International service and then just blame Mr Beer Chang for not being allowed (not paying him enough u mean) to transmit the English feed.

Now that is the point, so maybe you should get off your knees now!! and do something useful, like boycotting Beer Chang, or something like that, I bet Carlsberg are laughing at the rip off.........

We had a crack at Skype last night at my regular using a wi-fi connection from a nearby hotel - quality results! Well recommended.

We tried the stream from the Sun the previous day. Over one minute latency - it was like watching a different game...

Cheers for the heads up guys.

A Thai friend of mine has just returned yesterday from a business trip to London. He is absolutely furious at the BBC and ITV for not broadcasting their commentary of early World Cup games in Thai. He thinks is is disrespectful to all Thai visitors and residents to the UK.

I apologised to him on behalf of my country.

Shameful. Truly shameful.

Your friend could have said "Mai pen rai".

No need to apologize too ... "Mai pen rai".