Englishman Charged With Murder Of Thai Girlfriend

Jai Dee

North man charged with murder of Thai girlfriend

thaimurder.248417.full.jpg

A NORTH-EAST man has been charged with stabbing his Thai wife to death after she allegedly confessed to cheating on him.

Denis Gill, 64, is also alleged to have tried to kill himself after the attack on Chawee Pimmasri (26) in Pattaya, Thailand.

Gill, from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, was arrested by police in the holiday resort where he is believed to own a bar.

The woman was taken to hospital suffering from two knife wounds to the chest and one to the arm but was declared dead on arrival.

Howard Miller, 33, from Southend, Essex, helped police overpower Gill as he turned to stabbing himself.

Gill faces life in jail if convicted for first degree murder was released on bail of £5,700 but had his passport confiscated after the court hearing in Pattaya.

Source: The Northern Echo - 22 July 2006

Photo from The Pattaya Daily News

North man charged with murder of Thai girlfriend

A NORTH-EAST man has been charged with stabbing his Thai wife to death after she allegedly confessed to cheating on him.

Denis Gill, 64, is also alleged to have tried to kill himself after the attack on Chawee Pimmasri (26) in Pattaya, Thailand.

Gill, from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, was arrested by police in the holiday resort where he is believed to own a bar.

The woman was taken to hospital suffering from two knife wounds to the chest and one to the arm but was declared dead on arrival.

Howard Miller, 33, from Southend, Essex, helped police overpower Gill as he turned to stabbing himself.

Gill faces life in jail if convicted for first degree murder was released on bail of £5,700 but had his passport confiscated after the court hearing in Pattaya.

Source: The Northern Echo - 22 July 2006

Photo from The Pattaya Daily News

Eh? :o

Edited by chuchok

According to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle

"Gill was convicted of sex offences including attempted rape and indecent assault on a young girl at Newcastle Crown Court on March 2, 2001.

He was given a five-year jail term but was released after serving his sentence and returned to live at his Gateshead home.

Let's see if I have this right.

He started serving a 5 year sentence in March 2001. (Release date March 2006 ?)

He was released after completing his sentence (did he do the whole time, or was he released early ?).

He must have been earning good money somehow, as he had made a couple of trips to Thailand before this most recent one.

Remember that he had been sending the girl 40-50,000 baht a month supposedly, and had sent (?) her 600,000 to rent/buy/open the bar.

He was a convicted criminal, yet was allowed to travel outside the country. He apparently failed to inform the Thai authorities that he had been convicted (of sex crimes) during any of his trips here.

The British authorities knew of his trips to Thailand, yet never thought to inform Thai officials that there was a convicted sex-criminal heading their way ? :o

And now he is out on bail, minus passport (big deal).

Wonder how long it takes him to get to Cambodia ? (Or do you think he'll stick around to face murder charges here ?)

^ :o

Forgetting about the reasons why, he murdered someone and yet for the princely some of 400k he is I assume walking free until his court case date. Am I missing something here?

IMHO it seems like life is cheap in LOS! 400K I call cheap, especially with his record.

Snip

The Chronicle understands he was under the supervision of Northumbria police and they were informed of his travel plans to Thailand.

Snip

Although he lived on Tyneside, Gill spent up to three months of the year in Pattaya, a resort 70 miles south east of Bangkok, and known as Thailand's sex tourism capital.

Two questions:

Why would a convicted paedophile, under the supervsion of the English police be allowed to spend 3 months of each year in Pattaya, which is a known haven for paedopiles? Was it a case of as long as its not in my back yard, then it's Ok??

When this news story was first posted in the forum, it was immediately deleted by a mod. Why??? It is in my email notification so I am not imagining it, but was removed from the forum. I wonder how long before it's removed again? What's going on here? Some kind of crazy censoprship that prohibits any stories or news on peadophiles? It's Ok to report that a man killed his girl friend, but its not ok to report he was a convicted paedophile. Can someone explain please?

Snip

The Chronicle understands he was under the supervision of Northumbria police and they were informed of his travel plans to Thailand.

Snip

Although he lived on Tyneside, Gill spent up to three months of the year in Pattaya, a resort 70 miles south east of Bangkok, and known as Thailand's sex tourism capital.

Two questions:

Why would a convicted paedophile, under the supervsion of the English police be allowed to spend 3 months of each year in Pattaya, which is a known haven for paedopiles? Was it a case of as long as its not in my back yard, then it's Ok??

When this news story was first posted in the forum, it was immediately deleted by a mod. Why??? It is in my email notification so I am not imagining it, but was removed from the forum. I wonder how long before it's removed again? What's going on here? Some kind of crazy censoprship that prohibits any stories or news on peadophiles? It's Ok to report that a man killed his girl friend, but its not ok to report he was a convicted paedophile. Can someone explain please?

pong,

thats a ###### good point you have bought up and you are not the only one who is thinking the same thing.

the silence is deafn'ing

Who said he's a convicted pedophile - tsk,tsk.

But the dude obviously brought some bad karma with him, and got onto a bad, bad trip over in Pattaya.

Gill was convicted of sex offences including attempted rape and indecent assault on a young girl at Newcastle Crown Court on March 2, 2001.

"young girl" probably does not mean 18 years or older.

The whole article reads

Pervert's Thai murder chargeJul 21 2006

By Brenda Hickman, The Evening Chronicle

t is claimed he launched the alleged attack after learning his girlfriend was cheating on him with a local man.

More likely, she´s always been with thelocal man, and this d1ck was the newcomer to the relationship.-

But the dude obviously brought some bad karma with him, and got onto a bad, bad trip over in Pattaya.

A quote Convicted child molester unquote,

and quote convicted of sex offences including attempted rape and indecent assault on a young girl unquote

This man was also on the sex offences register.

So you say he's not a pedadophile?

I do hope you are not an apologist. :o

The whole article reads

t is claimed he launched the alleged attack after learning his girlfriend was cheating on him with a local man.

More likely, she´s always been with thelocal man, and this d1ck was the newcomer to the relationship.-

that was more than likely the case, and one dont need to be a brain surgeon to work it out.

if all the news about him being a bad boy in old blighty is true, he deserves a date with the big tiger,

dont you think?

I can't see where it says 'convicted child molester'. It just says a young girl. I hope and doubt that attempted rape and indecent assault on a child would bring more than 5 years in jail.

I also fail to see how the authorities can justify bail, since this guy has attempted suicide. With sex offences under his belt, a likely conviction of muder and an attempted suicide, I would think he is a danger to the community or at least to someone!

I also fail to see how the authorities can justify bail, since this guy has attempted suicide. With sex offences under his belt, a likely conviction of muder and an attempted suicide, I would think he is a danger to the community or at least to someone!

As I mentioned in post #5, facing a murder charge, do you think he's going to stick around ?

We'll see if he does or doesn't report to the police in the first week (he is supposed to "check in" every week).

The whole article reads

a missle buster comming right at you.

your making a hel_l of a lot of sense there kayo.

i think im over this story but im sure it wont be to long before we have to wait for another john to do exactly the same thing.

then we can all rant and rave till our heart is content again.

los is so much fun is'nt it ? :o

I can't see where it says 'convicted child molester'. It just says a young girl. I hope and doubt that attempted rape and indecent assault on a child would bring more than 5 years in jail.

Post No. 6, Line 6, which is quoted from the Evening Chronicle article reads as follows:

Convicted child molester Gill is pictured moments before he was arrested accused of the savage slaying in Pattaya, Thailand.

O.K? :o

• 3 months later...

UPDATE

Interesting twist as the murder charges were dropped and he's been sent back to the UK:

Sex offender back in UK after Thai murder charge dropped

A convicted child molester has returned to the region after Thai authorities dropped a charge that he murdered his girlfriend.

Registered sex offender Denis Gill, of Bensham, Gateshead, had been accused of plunging an

8-inch knife into his 26-year-old Thai partner's chest in a jealous rage.

Minutes after Chawee Pimasri's death, 64-year-old Mr Gill began stabbing himself in an apparent suicide attempt, and was covered in blood when he was arrested at the scene in a hotel in Pattaya, Thailand, on July 8.

Mr Gill served two years of a five-year jail term after he was convicted of sex offences, including attempted rape and indecent assault on a young girl, at Newcastle Crown Court in March 2001.

He was facing a life sentence if convicted of murder in Thailand, but authorities decided against putting him on trial.

A British Embassy source in Bangkok said the Thai public prosecutor had concluded that Miss Pimasri's death may have been accidental. :D:D

The source said: "Thai immigration records show Gill left Thailand for the UK on October 18.

"The public prosecutor declined to prosecute as he believes, after consideration of the evidence, that there was a struggle with a knife in which she accidentally died. Witnesses testified to this.

"Gill was given the judgement in writing. His bail was terminated and he was allowed to leave the country last weekend on a flight to UK."

A Northumbria Police spokesman said last night: "The Gateshead Public Protection Unit continues to have regular contact with Mr Gill, and he is complying with conditions set out in legislation."

Sunderland-born Gill is understood to have informed the police of his travel plans before he flew to the Far East on June 26.

He spent up to three months a year in Pattaya, a resort 70 miles south-east of Bangkok, famous as Thailand's sex tourism capital.

He had been due to return to Tyneside the following month, but was arrested after he was overpowered at the scene of the stabbing incident by a British police volunteer :o .

He was initially accused of launching a frenzied knife attack after he learnt Miss Pimasri has been cheating on him with a local man.

He was charged with first-degree murder and released on bail in Thailand after a bond of about £5,700 was paid.

- The Northern Echo (UK)

In a struggle for the knife, the Thai girl is fatally stabbed three times and yet the case doesn't even go to court.

"A British Embassy source in Bangkok said the Thai public prosecutor had concluded that Miss Pimasri's death may have been accidental."

Some accident!

"Minutes after Chawee Pimasri's death, 64-year-old Mr Gill began stabbing himself in an apparent suicide attempt."

This is an obvious admission of guilt.

Well, if I was family of the deceased I wouldn't be too happy this with decision.

And for that matter, was the bail money returned?

Edited by bulmercke