Thai Man Found With Leech In His Anus

george

138,000 flood victims become ill

BANGKOK: -- ealth Ministry Sunday warned people to avoid walking through floodwater, which often host germs and leeches.

The warning came after more than 138,000 flood victims became ill and one of them was found with a leech in his anus.

"Please travel around by boats, if possible. If not, please dress carefully! Wear underpants and long pants. Also cover the lower part of your pants with plastic bags and tie tightly to ensure that no leech can climb in," the ministry's permanent secretary Dr Prat Boonyawongvirot said Sunday.

According to him, a man in Sing Buri was hospitalised after wading through chest-high floodwater. At the hospital, a doctor helped removing a leech from his anus.

"He's now safe. But we would like to warn children not to play in the floodwater," he said. He added that leeches could enter human bodies via nose, mouth, eyes, anus, vagina and urethra.

Aside from leeches, he said germs also dwelt in floodwater and could spread various diseases especially conjunctivitis, skin diseases and athlete's foot disease.

Prat said his ministry's mobile medical units had already treated 138,328 flood victims in flood-hit areas, which included Nonthaburi, Phisanulok, Sukhothai, Phichit, Nakhon Sawan, Angthong and Ayutthaya.

"We have also distributed medicines and garbage bags," he said. Currently, a large number of flood victims could not use toilets and need the garbage bags when nature called.

-- The Nation 2006-10-08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it prevented a few more people going walking in the flooded water and therefore suffering the same result. I for one will not be going into flooded water above sandle height when floods come to Samui in the next monsoon...

and just remember "He added that leeches could enter human bodies via nose, mouth, eyes, anus, vagina and urethra" so dont forget to "cover with plastic bags and tie tightly to ensure that no leech can climb in".... :o

BANGKOK: -- ealth Ministry Sunday warned people to avoid walking through floodwater, which often host germs and leeches.

According to him, a man in Sing Buri was hospitalised after wading through chest-high floodwater. At the hospital, a doctor helped removing a leech from his anus.

-- The Nation 2006-10-08

LOS ANGELES: This just in, it has been confirmed the man is not Richard Gere. Mr. Gere could not be reached for comment as his flight was en route to the infested area.

Seriously though, I once had a leech I couldn't get out of my hair. He ate everything in my fridge, made long distance calls, and then asked to borrow money.

P.S. OK, c'mon you gotta admit this story was ripe for this...

With apologies to the poor fellow; I do feel badly for all those people.

Edited by Chua

Chemicals, also. Hurricane Rita in New Orleans unleashed thousands of liters of poisonous chemicals into the streets. Anything stored below flood level is mixed in, including corrosive acids, caustics, solvents...

Don't you mean Hurricane Katrina?

I was walking around Pattaya one evening when there was a huge storm. Everyone was avoiding walking outside, streets were flooded. I thought nothing of it until I saw that the sewers were overflowing and I was walking around in crap and who knows what. I did get some strange itchiness on my feet for a few days. As for the leeches, they did not dare get off their bar stools. :o

Had a couple of leeches before in Laos and the best way to get rid of them was to burn them with a cigarette end - little buggers drop straight off. Dunno if I'd fancy bending over and exposing my ring waiting for a fag butt to do the biz though!!!

I have 0 sympathy for anybody who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that walking through flood waters would expose them to sickenss and possibly death (power lines, chemicals, raw sewage - HELLO???). Children, excepted. I would have contempt for the parents who (as we all know happens) encourage their children to go here or there through the flood waters. :o

Z-E-R-O!

Hopefully, this will promote more common sense or at least narrow down the common sense-less gene pool. :D

av-36005.jpg

Impostor! :o Talk about leeches...

Tony Clifton. A name to respect! A name to fear!

You can't possibly tell me you've had more Krispy Kreme donuts and chickies than I have in my entire life! WWWRRRRRAGGGHHHH

What's your waist size?

Who's your tailor?

Could you sing Voooolare? Right now?

Huh?

Huh?

Andy

Edited by Tony Clifton

"Thai Man Found With Leech In His Anus"

153 people reading this topic. That's knocked, Thaksin, the coup, and visa worries right out of the "ring" (nyah,nyah)......

Howmany pages will it go? Any bets? :o

I feel very sorry for all the people who are once again suffering from circumstances that are largely out of their control.

No bets :D