Who Is The New Immigration Commissioner?

The others to be shifted to inactive posts due to their close affiliations with Mr Thaksin include Special Branch Police chief Pol Lt-Gen Thaworn Chanyim, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-Gen Suwat Thamrongsrisakul,

Do you suppose that they might reconsider all the new Visa rules that were to go into effect in one week?

I know one farang . He lives in Chiang Mai n he use a tourist visa . he has no gf . He does not work . He does not has 400,000 B in bank . Do u think that he will get a visa if he work as a volunteer ? Does a volunteer must pay for a tax?

April

Don't worry about it for a few weeks at least. The Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-Gen Suwat Thamrongsrisakul has been sidelined and will soon be replaced.

They will need time to study the matter and decide on their policies under a new constitution. I think it's unlikely that the "new" regulations are going to be enforced, so that for the time being nothing will change.

Even if they will be enforced from October 1, your friend will have the option of obtaining a tourist visa (single entry) which will likely give him 6 months stay per visa. He will need to leave the country once every 6 months to travel to a Thai Consulate or Embassy in a neighboring country. His first trip for a visa will not be necessary until January 1.

In the meanwhile, stay cool and watch events unfold.

Ousted PM's wife leaves for London

The wife of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Pojaman, left Bangkok early Monday to join her husband in London as the nation's new military leaders launched graft probes against him, the chief of immigration said.

"She has left with two others, her housekeeper and a close friend, at 1:30 am on Thai Airways Flight 910" to London's Heathrow airport," Lieutenant General Suwat Thamrongsrisakul told AFP.

Pojaman is widely believed to have exerted great influence over her husband's activities. Much of the billionaire politician's wealth is held by her and their three children.

Thaksin was in New York for the UN General Assembly when the military seized power during the night of September 19. He then went to London, where he maintains a residence and where one of his daughters is studying.

His two other children are believed to be in Thailand.

The new ruling junta has moved quickly to open investigations into alleged corruption by Thaksin's government and have threatened to seize the assets of anyone found guilty of wrongdoing.

- Agence France Presse

===============================

I guess General Suwat hasn't moved his desk papers over from Head of Immigration to the broom closet space he's been provided as an "inactive post."

Guess if they bring their housekeeper to London, they plan on being there awhile at their luxury mansion. Does she need a work permit to take that job away from a UK citizen?

The Commander of the Immigration Bureau, Police Lt. Gen. Suwat Thamrongsrikul said his bureau

The General certainly is taking a long time to get over to the inactive post he's been assigned to. Are there that many cronies of Thaksin that they don't have enough desks available over at the Ministry of Inactive Posts?

With the above timelines, it seems he's dragging his feet prior to leaving office...

I've not seen any word of a replacement for him.

:o

I believe the (Bangkok Post) rumors was wrong.

Gen. Suwat is still the commissioner, nothing has changed. And he is reading Thaivisa Forum regulary, according to "usually very well informed sources".

post-478-1161314858.jpg post-478-1161314976.jpg post-478-1161315027.jpg

I believe the (Bangkok Post) rumors was wrong.

Gen. Suwat is still the commissioner, nothing has changed. And he is reading Thaivisa Forum regulary, according to "usually very well informed sources".

post-478-1161314858.jpg post-478-1161314976.jpg post-478-1161315027.jpg

BANKOKPOST QUOTED,some weeks ago

that his orders was from 24.09,,and he was set out of power already on 26.09.06

since than i read and heard nothing more