• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx Wolfie, i've copied it fm there to here:

Last Updated: Friday, 23 April, 2004, 07:38 GMT 08:38 UK

Fire rages through Bangkok slum

A massive fire has broken out in a poor neighbourhood of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, forcing residents to flee into the streets with their belongings.

The BBC's Kylie Morris in Bangkok says the slum area is located near a wealthy neighbourhood, housing many embassies - no damage to these has been reported.

Some 200 two-storey wooden houses were ablaze, local radio said.

There is no word on any casualties so far, but fire trucks and emergency vehicles are arriving at the scene.

Suggestion from the Thais in my office - as Tung Mahamee lies between two well-developed areas, what are the odds that some big developer (no names, no pack drill) has an option on the land, when cleared?

Suggestion from the Thais in my office - as Tung Mahamee lies between two well-developed areas, what are the odds that some big developer (no names, no pack drill) has an option on the land, when cleared?

Does this kind of thing happen in Thailand? Never heard of it, I mean the fire is a new way,...

It happens but no one suppose to know that it happens and why it happens but everyone knows why it happens but pretend that they don't know why it happens but really does know why it happens and that is what it happens to be. :D

I'ts suppose to be one of those many issues/subjects (i.e. government, officials, the entire legal system etc...) that we are expected to overlook from time to time in Thailand. :o

It happens but no one suppose to know that it happens and why it happens but everyone knows why it happens but pretend that they don't know why it happens but really does know why it happens and that is what it happens to be. :o

come again?

It happens but no one suppose to know that it happens and why it happens but everyone knows why it happens but pretend that they don't know why it happens but really does know why it happens and that is what it happens to be. :D

I'ts suppose to be one of those many issues/subjects (i.e. government, officials, the entire legal system etc...) that we are expected to overlook from time to time in Thailand. :o

SG your a crack up girl... :D:D

agree it happens SG why it happens, but it happens, when it happens, where it happens, but it does happen.

What happens????

another VB thats gonna happen right now :D

Can see all from offiec building where i am and it's been buring for at least 3 hours now adn we can see it moving.

It is down Soi Suanplu, near the immigration and near Soi 8.

At 15h50 the blaze does not seem under control at all!!!