Wedding, Visa & Work Permit

Hi,

I am living and working in Thailand.

I got married last week, and heard that after the wedding registration, it becomes easier to have visa & work permit.

I am currently holding a non-immigrant B, and would like to know if I will get a new category of visa and the procedure.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you on a 90 day visa entry or an extension of stay?

The marriage will allow you to extend your stay on a yearly basis with proof of 40k per month family income.

Thank you for your reply. and thank you for the info about stay extension.

I have multiple entry visa (re-entry permit)

My visa will expire next March.

Will my wedding change anything about work permit?

Will I change category of visa?

Thanks.

Edited by kp66

The marriage will allow you to extend your stay on a yearly basis with proof of 40k per month family income.

Thanks.

You do not need to change the catagory.( If I understand correctly, you have a one year multi entry visa ( which requires you to leave Thailand every 90 days and reenter) If this is the case, you simply will apply for a extension of stay based on marriage if you can provide the following

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

5. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or Proof of this Thai income with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

6.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

7.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

8.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

9.If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well.

10. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house # in the picture. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

11. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

12. A valid passport

Your work permit will correspond to your visa. This means you can get a one year work permit which corresponds to your one year visa. No need to revalidate the work permit every 90 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify about my current visa: I do not need to leave the country every 90 days, but only to sign a document saying that I leave in Thailand (document sent to immigration.

Thank you.

Thanks.

You do not need to change the catagory.( If I understand correctly, you have a one year multi entry visa ( which requires you to leave Thailand every 90 days and reenter) If this is the case, you simply will apply for a extension of stay based on marriage if you can provide the following

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

5. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or Proof of this Thai income with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

6.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

7.Photo of place of residence. (show house's number)

8.Map and telephone's number of place of residence.

9.If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well.

10. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house # in the picture. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

11. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo's attached.

12. A valid passport

Your work permit will correspond to your visa. This means you can get a one year work permit which corresponds to your one year visa. No need to revalidate the work permit every 90 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What you have is a one year extension of stay for employment and a multi re-entry permit. There is no need to change this unless you want to do so. The only direct advantage of change, if you have no problem with the financial requirement, would be if you were to become unemployed your extension of stay would not end. But it might be good to start with the marriage in the event that requirements change you would likely be grandfathered under the current rules. I believe there is a slight change in work permit requirements when using the family extension of stay but the basic requirements would be as Sunbelt outlined above (for first application).

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify about my current visa: I do not need to leave the country every 90 days, but only to sign a document saying that I leave in Thailand (document sent to immigration.

Thank you.

You have no reason to change your visa. If you do, you need to terminate your work permit as well and then reapply for it.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com