Young American jumps to his death at Phuket hotel

webfact

Young American jumps to his death at Phuket hotel

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily New

PHUKET: -- A 26 year old US national suffering from depression jumped to his death from the third floor of a Phuket hotel on Sunday.

The mother of the victim said he had tried to commit suicide many times before.

Sakhu police found the body of Austin Ryan Kirschenmann on a wall outside the hotel at Nai yang beach.

Efforts by medics to save the man failed and he was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital, reported Daily News.

Mother Stacey Dawn Kirschenmann, 54, said that the family had no dispute that her son had tried to end his own life.

She said he suffered from depression and had tried to kill himself many times before.

Now she would take the body of her son home to America.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-04

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

They knew he had tried it before, and didn't get him professional help?  

Not as straight forward as that.

They may have gotten him the best help available, and it wasn't effective.  Add to that the ridiculous rules about prescriptions (that have many doctors refusing so they don't get on DEA watchlists), and the insurance companies that often exclude mental health care.  It's a huge problem, even with the best of intentions.  Unless you want to keep someone under watch 24/7 for their entire lives.  And that's no way to live, even if the family can afford it.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

3rd floor?  he must have been very disturbed and I feel for his family.  RiP.

While he may have had a history of depression, that doesn't preclude the possibility of a low railing accident, or foul play.  A 3rd floor incident carries too much risk of devastating injuries instead of a quick fatality.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

While he may have had a history of depression, that doesn't preclude the possibility of a low railing accident, or foul play.  A 3rd floor incident carries too much risk of devastating injuries instead of a quick fatality.

Yes - I am thinking that if he really wanted to kill himslf he would have stayedat a high rise buiding.  

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Bring on the sleuths.

You can look at it that way.  Or you can look at it as pointing out to the the family that everything in Thailand isn't always as proclaimed by the authorities.  Which my catch some people off guard if they come from a country where the authorities actually want the truth, even if it may hurt tourist numbers.

I'd certainly want an investigation if the guy were my brother or my son.

Thailand should really be renamed 'Lost Vegas' as in the movie Leaving Las Vegas. Seems too many people are coming here to take their lives. I feel for them, but jumping off anything only puts innocents at risk. Shouldn't be so selfish in ending one's life.

Poor kid! Hope you find greener pastures.

People who are depressed will take their lives when they decide to. The parents

of this guy must have came with him to Thailand, at least the mother. Maybe to cheer

him up and it did not work. RIP.  I have had a few friends go to where they enjoyed

themselves then ended it all. Thailand is not the only place this happens by the way.

Geezer

• 2 weeks later...

I am his mother Stacey Kirschenmann. I picked his body off the wall and was there. I never said he tried to kill himself before. He was not suicidal ever in the past. He took drugs in Thailand: psychedelic drugs. He had a bad "trip" and felt he was in HELL. He killed himself at that time. We didn't know he felt like killing himself only that he was struggling after ingesting this drug.  We flew from USA TO HELP HIM get back. This was sudden and tragic. Thank you! 

11 hours ago, Stacey Kirschenmann said:

He took drugs in Thailand: psychedelic drugs. He had a bad "trip" and felt he was in HELL. He killed himself at that time.

Thank you for telling the true story . And may your son rest in peace.

Unfortunately too man young people experiment with drugs . Every year its getting worse  and we should keep fighting it and keep the drugs off the streets .