Mental health clinic in korat

Blue bruce

The Psychiatric hospital isn't near the military hospital. It's more or less next door to Mahrarat Hospital. Up to about year ago it had no qualified psychiatrists working there. They were sending GP's on courses to fill in. It was/is only staffed by nurses.

53 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the mental clinic in Korat near the military hospital. I was there once but can't remember the name. Also if anyone knows of a psychologist or psychiatric in Korat I would appreciate your recommendation Thank You

When I first came to Thailand I was suffering Anxiety/Depression. The only place I could find that dispensed my medication was Bangkok Hospital.  So's off me and the wife go and explain to a doctor there what I wanted. He just sat there and started laughing and said to my wife 'why don't you just take him to the temple'. We walked out and I went cold turkey off the meds. Never went back on them so in someways the doctor helped me. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to do what I did. It really made me sick for about 3 months. 

4 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Sinbin, i made an appt with a dr. at Bumrungrad hospital for next week. I'll let you know

Did you not find a psychiatrist in Korat or didn't you bother looking in the end? As far as I know there is none but just wanted confirmation on that. That's why I was interested in your inquiry.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, realviking48 said:

I was reading.. men 50 years and older who feel depressed

There's a difference in 'feeling depressed' and being diagnosed with 'clinical depression'. Good in put though.

Clinical depression is the more-severe form of depression, also known as major depression or major depressive disorder. It isn't the same as depression caused by a loss, such as the death of a loved one, or a medical condition, such as a thyroid disorder.

Thanks She

On 9/4/2017 at 2:55 PM, sinbin said:

The Psychiatric hospital isn't near the military hospital. It's more or less next door to Mahrarat Hospital. Up to about year ago it had no qualified psychiatrists working there. They were sending GP's on courses to fill in. It was/is only staffed by nurses.

On 9/4/2017 at 2:51 PM, Sheryl said:

This one?

http://110.164.191.88/jvk/

On 7/1/2017 at 8:46 AM, NancyL said:

From the Direct Express website FAQ:

6.14 Can I transfer money from the Direct Express® card to a checking or savings account?
Yes. You may transfer funds from your Direct Express® card account to a personal U.S. bank account. A fee of $1.50 will be deducted from your Direct Express® card account for each transfer made. To transfer funds, call the Direct Express® card Customer Service Department toll free at 1 (888) 741-1115 or visit the web www.USDirectExpress.com.

ospital in Korat

Archived