iced water for our beloved

meatboy

Is terms of being unhappy, could be weather change? The Caucasian gets a little down when rain season hits every now and then but it also coincides when she goes into heat and sheds so many things happening to her at once. Very common for dogs to feel weather changes in depressive ways, just as many humans do. I only suggest it as he is still eating okay. 

How old is he again? Is he desexed? Age and hormones seem to play a big role.

If exclude those things and environmental factors then only really left with some more serious issues. Like nerve damage, brain issues, other things like Cushing Syndrome etc...types of things that wouldn't necessary show on the standard tests. Hopefully just an environmental or wear and tear issue. 

17 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

How old is he again? Is he desexed? Age and hormones seem to play a big role.

If exclude those things and environmental factors then only really left with some more serious issues. Like nerve damage, brain issues, other things like Cushing Syndrome etc...types of things that wouldn't necessary show on the standard tests. Hopefully just an environmental or wear and tear issue. 

he was rescued by my BIL.his owner went away to work and he was left with relatives.

he was held for ransom for killing chkns,also he went missing running with some soi dogs,caught a bad infection from a dirty bitch.when he came to us we were told he was a yr.old,so he's nearly 7.he had this infection squirting matter up the wall,also he had a very high temp.was very weak and the vet said he was very lucky to survive.we had him neutered a yr.after we got him.he has never forgot how we made him better and although we have had a few bad yrs.with vets he plays a big part in our lives,the wife looks upon him as her BOY as she has never had children.

he has never showed any nervousness before until that major storm we had last month.

after yesterday's leaking,he had his dinner,a good drink,6pm.up to bed with me,had one drink at 8pm.went out for a pee,then slept till 5.30am.with not a leak in sight. NO STORM.

4 hours ago, meatboy said:

he was rescued by my BIL.his owner went away to work and he was left with relatives.

he was held for ransom for killing chkns,also he went missing running with some soi dogs,caught a bad infection from a dirty bitch.when he came to us we were told he was a yr.old,so he's nearly 7.he had this infection squirting matter up the wall,also he had a very high temp.was very weak and the vet said he was very lucky to survive.we had him neutered a yr.after we got him.he has never forgot how we made him better and although we have had a few bad yrs.with vets he plays a big part in our lives,the wife looks upon him as her BOY as she has never had children.

he has never showed any nervousness before until that major storm we had last month.

after yesterday's leaking,he had his dinner,a good drink,6pm.up to bed with me,had one drink at 8pm.went out for a pee,then slept till 5.30am.with not a leak in sight. NO STORM.

Maybe a bit of post traumatic stress disorder. Would explain him not being his happy self also. If it's just a storm then will be easier to work towards fixing. Use similar stimulus to slowly desensitise the dog. Give rewards for good behaviour. Or just let him choose his go to safe area to ride it out.

18 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Maybe a bit of post traumatic stress disorder. Would explain him not being his happy self also. If it's just a storm then will be easier to work towards fixing. Use similar stimulus to slowly desensitise the dog. Give rewards for good behaviour. Or just let him choose his go to safe area to ride it out.

thanks WW yesterday he seemed to be on his toes and has come back something like his old self,his confidence is comeing back.as we have had no thunder/lightning the past 4 or 5 days.yesterday he brought his ball down from upstairs for me to play with him,also he has spent less time under the car.so lets hope that is what it is,and no leaking indoors.