Scandal

jimmy5L

Hi all,

I’m Dutch living in France, and last night there was an emission on French television about the tsunami money collected in France! Some government agency checked what happened with the money!

Let me explain: France collected 330 million euros, most within 3 weeks, today ONLY 1/3, yes 110 million, has been spended! Incredible!

I understand that it takes time to organize, but two years! Now they are saying, French Red Cross, French handicap int, and others, that they are going to spend this money in afrika!

I gave 200 euros (I’m not rich, and 200 is a lot for me!), I don’t want this money to be spend in afrika!

So: scandal! They are slow! They don’t spend it their where we gave it for!

I will never again make a donation!

• 2 months later...

This is an interesting - if slightly disjointed post - but the point remains that many tsunami aid agencies descended on an impacted region and several years down the line basic infrastructural needs are still not met -despite the enormous dollar-aid values pledged.

At face value - accommodation camps were constructed, roads repaired, power restored - that's it, move on! No one seems to be looking now.... just whack it up to appease the survivors!

Little wonder why locals claimed several new houses and / or fishing boats that they never owned in the first place!

Survival of the fittest it seems!!!!

Edited by maestro
Off-topic quote from another post deleted.

• 3 weeks later...