Beer Revolution

juice777

Found this today let's hope he wins or the government wakes up and relaxs the laws.

Fighting for craft beer in Thailand - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40966196

I Love a Craft beer but unfortunately at Thai prices I can only afford to Have one or 2.I can't justify having a whole night on them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks nice how much is a beer in there?

Actually can someone explain to me how a small pub like that can Brew its own beer. There is At least 2 pubs like that in pattaya. But I thought it was against the law unless you made a certain amount, Which was said in that BBC clip. So how dose the one on Ko Samui and the 2 pattaya do it. I can only assume they have a license, how did the get it?

1/3: 110 baht
1/2: 165 baht :drunk:
Wow 330 a pint I am sure it's a lovely treat but there is no way I would have 1 on a night out. If I have one I can't go back to drinking the normal shit beers. And I can't afford to drink a lot at that price.

8 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Wow 330 a pint I am sure it's a lovely treat but there is no way I would have 1 on a night out. If I have one I can't go back to drinking the normal shit beers. And I can't afford to drink a lot at that price.

No.

1/3 liter 110 baht.

1/2 liter 165 baht.

That makes 188 baht for an Imperial Pint.

He also has a test menu, four tests for 55 baht.

No.

1/3 liter 110 baht.

1/2 liter 165 baht.

That makes 188 baht for an Imperial Pint.

He also has a test menu, four tests for 55 baht.

OK that's not to bad

Do they put tax and service charge on that the place I go in pattaya adds to the price.

In bars around green Mango 120 baht, outskirts 80 baht (happy hour 60 baht)
Well that bee knees is great value then. In pattaya I rarely pay more then 70THB for a small beer or 130 for a pint. But the home Brew places cost more then that one.

There's no need for me to pay a 100-120 for a beer here. It's double the price but I don't have double the fun drinking it. Might as well stick to the cheap to medium places. Unless I am treating myself to the occasional craft beer.

Craft beer taste on an Archa budget.  :saai:
I just wish it was like the UK when you go into certain pubs and They always have beers you have never herd of. Which probably won't be there for long and cost about the same a normal pint. It's about the only thing I miss that and Cadburys Chocolate.

18 hours ago, juice777 said:

I just wish it was like the UK when you go into certain pubs and They always have beers you have never herd of. Which probably won't be there for long and cost about the same a normal pint. It's about the only thing I miss that and Cadburys Chocolate.

I don't get too worked up about beer, and don't know much about the fast moving craft beer trend. 

Last hols back in the US, visited one of these artsy fartsy craft beer pubs where partially employed Millennials hang out and stare at their iPhones.   There were probably 100 "beers" on the menu with names like Flaming Herpes and Pumpkin Mango Blue Balls.  I just wanted a *&^%!  cold beer and a sandwich whilst my Mrs. perused the shops selling "re-purposed" used clothing to 20 somethings with purple hair and nose rings.  

The kid behind the bar asked me what I normally drank, and pursed his lips like a horrified wine snob when I said, "Coor's Light".  :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay