Transfer of a re-entry in a new passport

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Free also, but they might not transfer the re-entry permit, in which case show both passports on re-entry. It doesn't need transferring.

It would be transferred without a problem unless it was issued at a different office such as at one of the airport re-entry permit desks.

The multi-reentry permit transfer is free but it won't happen at the desk that transfers your visa.  You have to go to the reentry permit desk and ask them to do it.  The two divisions/desks operate independently.

You are also responsible for making sure that when you come into Thailand that the immigration officer sees your multi-reentry permit and stamps your passport entry stamp and TM-6 with the right date.  If they don't bother looking or don't find the multi-reentry permit they will stamp you with a 30 day permit and you are screwed if you exceed that.  They will change it if you immediately show them the multi-reentry permit and politely point out that they have put down the wrong date.

• Like 1

If your last full page was used for a new Visa, can they still stamp your enter/exit entry on previous pages?? I have a lot of empty box spaces for stamps in the beginning pages of my Passport but all my full pages are used up, and my last page has my new Thai visa.  

When i re-enter Thailand will they get mad if they cannot stamp my entry stamp on the same page facing the Visa?  Also what about the Immigration 30 say extension stamp, can that be on a different page as the entry stamp and Visa? although that is a much bigger stamp than the entry stamp, I still found a page that it would fit on but i am worried because it wont be on the same page as the enter stamp. 

Edited by acenase