Anyone using the BeIn Sports Connect app?

Jonathan Fairfield

It would be interesting to see what kind of resolution they provide.

Although they say HD they also talk about iOS and Android so I suspect that the mobile/tablet market is what they are targetting.

I wonder what you'd get on a large screen TV?

They also specify a minimum connection speed of 10 Mbps... (to download from where I wonder?)

I use it on my Android Box.

Watch on large screen TV.

Works well and has catch up.

Not perfect as it is a little jerky.

It only cost a couple of hundred baht a month so why not try it?

Not much to lose if no good.

I think it works better using Chrome browser than it does on the Android app.

Edited by Lite Beer

Very poor live streaming on my Android boxes and received this response from Bein Connect: "We are currently do not support casting for Android Box ,it will definitely be in our developing plan for the future. We would recommend watch via on behalf website"

Catch-up plays well but can take a while to become available!

I have tried to register ,but pop up says password not enough letters, numbers,

which it has, got tired of clicking cars,roads,to try and get into the site,sent email

requesting what the secret is to logging in ,but no reply yet.

regards worgeordie

After umpteen attempts to open an account,finally did it,clicking cars and roads to prove

i am not a robot.so invested 99 Thb,for a week, first attempt to play ,nothing happen,

message on screen about DRM: Failed to create and initialize a MediaKeys object, ????

sent them email.it finally started to play, the action and commentary do not synch,

and the movements are sticky, that's on Windows 10,so tried it on Android,no better.

I am supposed to be on 100/20 tot fibre,so pleased i only wasted 99 Thb,i watched

City Vs Liverpool last night on a free android app, the picture just as good,no buffering,

much better than Bein.

regards worgeordie

It was working not too bad last night ,watching Swansea Vs Toon, 

the only time it buffered,was when the goal was scored !.for 99 THB

a month it looks to be a bargain,dont know why it needs to buffer,is

the server not in Thailand ?

regards worgeordie

Could you  please tell me how you managed to pay for theBein account cos I've tried loads of times with credit/debit cards all of which say server error. I emailed them about this, their reply was it has to be a Thai Bank card, no problem tried my Kasikorn card, same result. Then thought about the True Walletvwhich even if you can read thai requires a Thai ID card no (passport no good), so I am stuck as don't see any other avenue unless

you can get the gf or mrs to sign up for you. Informed Bein to get international credit cards etc on their system to faciltate foreigners. Watch this space, a long time no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up last night on a one-day trial so I could watch Leicester vs Liverpool. 

The quality was pretty good during the first half... no buffering whatsoever. I did get a grey screen once though, but a quick screen refresh fixed it. Unfortunately I missed almost 15 minutes of the start of the second half.  I got another grey screen, but this time with the message "License Error - Max Impressions reached" - I've no clue what this means. After trying quite a few things in the end I restarted my computer and it worked fine afterwards.

So, not perfect by any means. But despite the above I'm willing to give it another go. I just hope the issue I had will not be a regular thing.