Rolls Royce.

pop3

Presumably only a Ruddy Rich one!

The only Rolls that I have come across in Thailand was a chauffeur-driven Silver Cloud that brought a girl to an international school.

The poor little rich lass envied her teacher who had the thrill of coming to school on the pillion of a motor-bike taxi.

There is a black Rolls Royce Silver Shadow for sale on the road behind Central Bang Na. Personally I would love to have one but

a) it would look really silly going to the 7/11 in the village

:o there is only 1 dealer that I can think of in the whole of Thailand which means that my local car fixit magician wouldn't stand a chance with it.

c) I would have to drive 400 km each way just to get a service.

Off thread a little, a few years ago when I was working in Qatar several ladies (and their driver) turned up in a Rolls Royce convertible for a KFC take away.

A very good Thai friend of mine has 10 Rolls Royces in Thailand. They are different colors and years, but all Roll Royce Corniche Convertibles. He has his own team of mechanics and drivers. They are all very sweet!

Must be nice just to have one. :o

I'm not a car spotter, so am unsure if the exact model is correct, but I saw one of these driving down Pattaya Soi 6 the other week. Either looking for some rough or visiting one of the businesses that paid for it?

Isn't there a place on the Sukhumvit that does daily rentals for cars like this for the two week millionaires?

I dare say these people could point you in the right direction for servicing your motor.....

Rolls-Royce International Limited

900 Tonson Tower, 11th Floor

Ploenchit Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel: (+66) 2 263 0500

Fax: (+66) 2 263 0505

Bingo!... I found it.

This is what I've seen a couple of times in Sriracha.

It's a black 1957 Rolls Royce Wraith:

post-9005-1168183815_thumb.jpg

uhmm... minus the cutesy white ribbons that are in this pic that I lifted from a UK wedding services company.

First time I spotted it, it was parked on the street and I caught it's front on view with the massive and distinctive front grill. Just about caused me to lose control of the motorbike.

Next time I see it, I'll return home for a shot of it with my own camera.

I have owened 2 Rollers, one a Silver shadow S1 and a Silver shadow S2, the shadow one was the worst car i have ever owned, it was like driving a boat, no handling at all, it was a 71 model, all british made, as rolls royce say, bulls h i t, h e l l they have citron air suspension, the S2 was a lot better, same body etc, but i also put a handling kit on it, a brace etc, improved it a lot, that was a lot better car even today, looks really nice and still looks the part.

I used to earn a couple of monkeys on a sat, doing weddings,

Now you can pick a silver shadow up in the UK for the price of a ford fiesta. also they do about 12 to 14 to the gallon.

I have owened 2 Rollers, one a Silver shadow S1 and a Silver shadow S2, the shadow one was the worst car i have ever owned, it was like driving a boat, no handling at all, it was a 71 model, all british made, as rolls royce say, bulls h i t, h e l l they have citron air suspension, the S2 was a lot better, same body etc, but i also put a handling kit on it, a brace etc, improved it a lot, that was a lot better car even today, looks really nice and still looks the part.

I used to earn a couple of monkeys on a sat, doing weddings,

Now you can pick a silver shadow up in the UK for the price of a ford fiesta. also they do about 12 to 14 to the gallon.

I drove a Silver shadow 2 from downtown Los Angeles to Pasadena and would you believe -

the bloody thing broke down - just simply died in Pasadena :o

it was very embarrassing when all my friends neighbours were passing

in their shiny Cadillacs and shouting out of their windows " we told you

you shouldn't have bought foreign " :D

• 2 months later...

These are very inexpensive cars now in the UK. Take a look on eBay.

It would be nice to own one over here but since Thai vehicles are taxed on engine size.

Wouldn't it be very expensive to import?

I dare say these people could point you in the right direction for servicing your motor.....

Rolls-Royce International Limited

900 Tonson Tower, 11th Floor

Ploenchit Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel: (+66) 2 263 0500

Fax: (+66) 2 263 0505

Hm.. no they wouldn't, this is Rolls Royce plc, {aeronautics, marine etc.) which is not the same as Rolls Royce Motors, which now belong to BMW, having been sold by Vickers plc to Volkswagen. I don't think RRM has any representation in Thailand now. {Bentley, which does, is still owned by Volkswagen}.

Regards

PS The present Rolls Royce Phantom is a snip at 300,000+ Euro

Link

http://www.rolls-royce.com/history/timeline/1995-present.jsp