Where to train wing chun or JKD in Bangkok?

JourdanA

I'll be spending January in Bangkok and would love to find places to train wing chun or JKD. Schools or classes would be good. But if there are no schools or classes, I'd like to find a gym where I can train on my own. I just need some mat space, weights and a heavy bag (wing chun wooden dummy would be great too.) I am 60. I'm NOT interested in competition at all. I don't want to challenge anybody or be challenged. Training is just something I love and how I keep in shape. I am happy to share what I know with mellow folks and am always grateful to learn from others. Appreciate any advice you have. 

• 2 months later...

I think most hotel and condos have a gym area that you should feel comfortable with training on your own. I am not sure about JKD, but I have seen Wing Chun groups training in Lumpini Park in the afternoon just around sunset. Maybe go there and check it out in the morning or in the afternoon. A lot of martial arts people work out at the JAIKA Stunts Team Thailand. It's a good place to meet up with fellow martial artists and stuntmen.

Archived