Meeting decent ladies in CM??

bkk6060

7 minutes ago, superglue said:

If you are on a retirement visa even voluntary work is prohibited.

Just wondering... Has anyone ever MET a volunteer who has been dinged by Immigration for working?

Met... not heard from a friend of a friend's brother-in-law, but actually first hand knowledge. In fifteen years here, I've never met one, but know many who volunteer.

3 minutes ago, superglue said:

If you are on a retirement visa even voluntary work is prohibited.

Prohibited how? Like prostitution is prohibited? Like not carying your passport 24/7 is prohibited? Like speeding is prohibited?

I have known hundreds of people who have done voluntary work without work permits and none who have encountered difficulties with the law about it.

On another tread the OP stated:

On 9/7/2017 at 3:43 PM, Nook225 said:

The answer is very simple: men prefer (for the rest of his days) to couple with innocent and not very smart women, thats it. 

Sure you are right.  I seek out these type but it takes work.

You will not find them on WS or Insomnia.....

From which we can assume his "requirements" are incompatible with what the vast majority of Thai ladies interested in meeting foreign men are looking for anywhere in Thailand, let alone Chiang Mai.

The guy is obviously a predator

42 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Just wondering... Has anyone ever MET a volunteer who has been dinged by Immigration for working?

Met... not heard from a friend of a friend's brother-in-law, but actually first hand knowledge. In fifteen years here, I've never met one, but know many who volunteer.

Can't meet them because many have had to leave. I do, personally, know of some who have been 'visited' and have had to cease (teaching English voluntary in this case) but, as you say, many carry on regardless but if it's illegal, and it is, why risk your visa?  Thailand is, and will, continue to clamp down on everything. 

6 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

From which we can assume his "requirements" are incompatible with what the vast majority of Thai ladies interested in meeting foreign men are looking for anywhere in Thailand, let alone Chiang Mai.

The mentioned "vast majority" of Thai ladies is really subjective definition. It pretty much depends on what kind of society one is being surrounded. Trust me, it is quite possible. Just stop attending these beer bars.

57 minutes ago, Nook225 said:

The mentioned "vast majority" of Thai ladies is really subjective definition. It pretty much depends on what kind of society one is being surrounded. Trust me, it is quite possible. Just stop attending these beer bars.

Actually, a lot less subjective than your opinion, as the wife and I used to run an introductions web-site, although admittedly 7 years ago now. Outside of the "bar girls", casual, for-fun relationships were not a consideration. I understand the student sugar daddy while at uni. phenomenon, but Thailand is still a conservative, face-based, family-first society for now.

9 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, I know people who have been "warned" by Immigration, for teaching English on a voluntary basis while on a retirement visa extension and have decided (wisely) to stop their voluntary activity.  Do I personally know anyone on a retirement extension deported for volunteering?  No.

What Immigration or the Labor Department doesn't seem to mind is "community service", i.e. getting involved in "one-off" activities, esp. when the organizers of these activities are smart enough to get the short-term work permits the CM Labor Dept willingly grants to organizations for short-term community improvement activities.  The advance committee work needed to organize these events is usually a Thai/expat endeavor and a good opportunity to meet quality Thai people, male and female.  

But, something tells me the OP doesn't want to work this hard to meet quality Thai women -- to get involved in a cause that makes CM a better place to live, picking a cause that is as important to many Thai people as it is to expats.

Archived