What narrative will emerge from ex-PM’s flight from justice?

rooster59

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Should the Thai people respect the current self appointed government who blatantly ignore their political choice, their rights to exist and their rights of freedom just because this select group believe they are superior to the general population and were born with the inherent right to control, decide who it a suitable leader and appoint their own stooges to represent the people?

Yet, they have been doing the same for 70 years and still cant manage to do it sucessfully. What hope and how many chances should they have? 18?, maybe another 10 coups?

Worse still, there are those who support them despite their obvious total failure each time. How much weight should be given to the opinion and judgement of those who support constant failure?

6 hours ago, halloween said:

But their political choice was NOT ignored, they were given the opportunity to govern until their ineptitude and corruption became unbearable. And they were given the chance to choose again, and ignored that they were voting for criminals to install those criminals to do even worse damage to the country. the last 2 coups have been quite successful, they have removed criminal conspiracies and forced their leaders to flee. Other members are either in jail or awaiting prosecution. Perhaps the serious sentences being handed down will convince criminals they are better staying away from politics.

What is worse, supporting the solution or supporting those whose greed coupled with a gormless lack of discernment cause them to disregard crime in search of a handout.

Took out the last sentence but imo, 2 good posts that reflect very much the country and the way Thai "democracy" works, illustrating pretty much the "political divide"...

Election time, please vote for either side, one is corrupted, this other is corrupted too: nice selection for the voters...

After a few years of the corrupted side doing the corrupted thing, let's have a coup...

And run some corruption.....

Amazing Thailand :)

Sad that any of the 3 sides has "fanboys"...

Edited by CantSpell

6 hours ago, halloween said:

But their political choice was NOT ignored, they were given the opportunity to govern until their ineptitude and corruption became unbearable. And they were given the chance to choose again, and ignored that they were voting for criminals to install those criminals to do even worse damage to the country. the last 2 coups have been quite successful, they have removed criminal conspiracies and forced their leaders to flee. Other members are either in jail or awaiting prosecution. Perhaps the serious sentences being handed down will convince criminals they are better staying away from politics.

What is worse, supporting the solution or supporting those whose greed coupled with a gormless lack of discernment cause them to disregard crime in search of a handout.

Unbearable to whom? The military and the elites?

Even a poor quality elected government is better than the best military government or self appointed govt.

And if given the chance, a poor government will be voted out and replaced, thereby democracy maturing.

History shows that no country has been sucessful under military leadership, a dictator or any small group of people who considered themselves more important than the masses. Unfortunately power goes to their head and the focus is on self presevation and benefits to those providing support.

They all end up the same but hey, despite every previous one failing, this will surely be different. My fortune teller says so and my lucky amulets will do the job.

22 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

The fugitive absconded and the Shinawatra's are paying off the evil foreigners so we can't have her extradited. Mai phen rai, so just do what we say, and enjoy National harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thaksin and his daughter lingluck are evil personified.

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

What criminal?  the verdict is on 27th or do you know something we don't? 

I don't see you waiting for a conviction in the case of the policeman killing. Or do you know something we don't?

6 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

The obvious IS that we have an unelected Junta who persecute anyone they wish to but... not HiSo rich family's who kill Policeman and why?  

8 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Thaksin and his daughter lingluck are evil personified.

Have you met them? Have you had dealings with them? Or are you just one of the naive who believe what they are told without the ability to critically analyse history but still support the same group of people whose intervention has failed miserably for 70 years?

One trait of insanity is doing the same over and over, failing but doing the exact same again in the hope that this time it may succeed. 

Unfortunely Thaksin wasnt even around for the first 55 years of military failures and probably wount b e for t heads e next 50 years of military failures but the military will still find someone to blame and will never accept that they are the only problem.

4 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

What are the chances that Yingluck is even still alive?

I think it unlikely her son would hop along to the army brainwash camp without a murmur if she were dead?  and I think brother would be shouting from the rooftops?  I think the vast majority of Thais would be pushed over the edge if this occurred. We have to wait. 

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I think it unlikely her son would hop along to the army brainwash camp without a murmur if she were dead?  and I think brother would be shouting from the rooftops?  I think the vast majority of Thais would be pushed over the edge if this occurred. We have to wait. 

I think Yingluck should be regarded as "missing" until she appears in public, if ever.