Where can I buy Ripple?

connda

Hi Connda,

If you have a Ripple wallet and some bitcoin, another way to get hold of some, would be to ask a kind hearted guy with a Bittrex account (or another exchange where ripple is available), to buy some on your behalf... you send some Bitcoin, he buys the ripple and sends it to your wallet... problem solved?

Cheers Genset

In addition to my comments above, Ripple is a solid, established operation with well establishing banking connections and is a great long-term hold. You may also want to look at ARK, OMG and QTUM, there are many other AltCoins which interest me, but these guys look like good long-term bets also. Cheers...

For buying other cryptos with Bitcoin on many exchanges you do not have to send in any verification's of your documents so being a US citizen is not an issue unless you want to buy it with fiat currency. Try bitfinex or poloniex if you have bitcoin or eth already.

2 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

No other Thai xchange than Bx.in.th trades Ripple - you need to get a hold of some BTC or ETH and open an account with e.g. Bittrex (not aware if they accept US citizens though)

Bittrex are/were based in Las  vegas, 

I would find it bizarre and hilarious if they started refusing Americans lol

5 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Who ensures the bona fides of a cryptocurrency deposit or withdrawal?

Every computer in the network updates it's copy of the blockchain with new transactions. 

Research it a bit if really interested and not just trolling.

Anyone looking to easily buy Bitcoin in Thailand i can recommend coins.co.th You can buy small amounts over your bank account or a cash deposit machine whenever you want without much hassle. You can also use your BTC to pay almost all your bills (phone,internet,power...).

7 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Every computer in the network updates it's copy of the blockchain with new transactions. 

Anyone looking to easily buy Bitcoin in Thailand i can recommend coins.co.th You can buy small amounts over your bank account or a cash deposit machine whenever you want without much hassle. You can also use your BTC to pay almost all your bills (phone,internet,power...).

I don't consider I am trolling, but I am concerned over the security aspect. And the old saw about not investing in what I don't understand.

Each paper currency is backed by its respective government. Sure, it's manipulated. Who stands behind bitcoins in their various forms? I've noted that some bitcoins have increased in value, and some have crashed. So is this like picking winners in the sharemarket?

Indeed you should not invest in something you don't understand. Definitely research before investing.

Bitcoins are all the same value. My bitcoin is the same value as your bitcoin. There are of course differences in prices on exchanges just like changing USD to THB at different banks or exchange places. Market drives the value and so far it has been very favorable and i believe should be for a few more years. Short term might drop because of China ban on exchanges but long term the value should climb by a lot.

I guess you mean different crypto currencies values as Bitcoin is only one and all bitcoins are equal in value. There are indeed a lot of different cryptos and a lot are not worth much really. The market currently is growing so everyone wants in and think if they buy the cheap ones they have a better chance of making 10x/50x/100x/1000x on their investment which for most probably is not true. Everyone should research the crypto currency they want to invest in and see if there is long term value in it.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

I don't consider I am trolling, but I am concerned over the security aspect. And the old saw about not investing in what I don't understand.

Each paper currency is backed by its respective government. Sure, it's manipulated. Who stands behind bitcoins in their various forms? I've noted that some bitcoins have increased in value, and some have crashed. So is this like picking winners in the sharemarket?

There is a whole variety of crypto - mainly divided into currencies and assets.

Bitcoin is a currency - which main advantage is its liquidity, i.e. people can hold or transfer very large amount of currency. In this case the value is backed by the need of people wanting to transfer funds fast and cheap (and in some cases keep them away from the banks). As long as BTC is convertible into goods, service and other currencies, the demand will grow (remember that only 16 million BTC will ever be minted).

Since there is now saturation of pure currency in the crypto space and blockchains can be used for basically anything that can be done over the internet, new ideas are coming up around holding crypto as assets.

An example is OmiseGo (developed mainly in Thailand) which gives you are share of the payment network to connect merchants, users and partners. Dividends will paid be paid out to the OMG holder when the network goes live - and obviously the value of the OMG asset will increase.

Some of these ideas are great to implement on blockchain and finance by issuing a coin - some are just bad business models dressed up as crypto. Proper homework should be able to tell the difference. For every coin I invest in, I reject about 20.

21 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

There is a whole variety of crypto - mainly divided into currencies and assets.

Bitcoin is a currency - which main advantage is its liquidity, i.e. people can hold or transfer very large amount of currency. In this case the value is backed by the need of people wanting to transfer funds fast and cheap (and in some cases keep them away from the banks). As long as BTC is convertible into goods, service and other currencies, the demand will grow (remember that only 16 million BTC will ever be minted).

Since there is now saturation of pure currency in the crypto space and blockchains can be used for basically anything that can be done over the internet, new ideas are coming up around holding crypto as assets.

An example is OmiseGo (developed mainly in Thailand) which gives you are share of the payment network to connect merchants, users and partners. Dividends will paid be paid out to the OMG holder when the network goes live - and obviously the value of the OMG asset will increase.

Some of these ideas are great to implement on blockchain and finance by issuing a coin - some are just bad business models dressed up as crypto. Proper homework should be able to tell the difference. For every coin I invest in, I reject about 20.

Having done some research, as far as I can make out there is a finite supply of bitcoins. That supply is fixed by the originators, six completely anonymous people.

So it's a matter of supply and demand - people buy crypto currencies because they think they will go up in value. Just like the Dutch did buying tulip bulbs in the 16th century.

Who is to say the originators won't debase the cryptocurrency by issuing more, just like governments do?

Some people will make a lot of money, some will lose their shirts. I think I'll stick to the Aussie dollar.

55 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Having done some research, as far as I can make out there is a finite supply of bitcoins. That supply is fixed by the originators, six completely anonymous people.

So it's a matter of supply and demand - people buy crypto currencies because they think they will go up in value. Just like the Dutch did buying tulip bulbs in the 16th century.

Who is to say the originators won't debase the cryptocurrency by issuing more, just like governments do?

Some people will make a lot of money, some will lose their shirts. I think I'll stick to the Aussie dollar.

For bitcoin (not applying to all other crypto currencies) there is indeed a finite supply of 21 million coins - which can not be altered. Even if it would be possible, chances that this would happen are less than microscopic as very few of coin holders are interested in diluting their possessions.

People buy crypto for all kind of reasons - but if there were no strong use cases in the first place, they would never exist.

Personally I don't like to speculate on price, e..g. buy the lows and sell the highs - but rather identify the coins that provide a steady growing dividend income without any need to ever sell. There are quite a few of those around.

A lot of the large complex projects really stretching the imagination of what can be done on blockchain technology are still in their infancy - e.g. Ethereum, NEO, Lisk, QTUM, MaidSafe. Most of them are still relatively cheap to buy into today - just like Microsoft was before the personal computer catched on.

9 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

For bitcoin (not applying to all other crypto currencies) there is indeed a finite supply of 21 million coins - which can not be altered. Even if it would be possible, chances that this would happen are less than microscopic as very few of coin holders are interested in diluting their possessions.

People buy crypto for all kind of reasons - but if there were no strong use cases in the first place, they would never exist.

Personally I don't like to speculate on price, e..g. buy the lows and sell the highs - but rather identify the coins that provide a steady growing dividend income without any need to ever sell. There are quite a few of those around,.

So there are some that act like shares rather than as a store of value. Can you give one example, please?

Just now, bazza73 said:

So there are some that act like shares rather than as a store of value. Can you give one example, please?

Sure, all of the mentioned above (edited while you were posting) already pay or will pay dividend. There are also other much less complex coins e.g. TenX and OmiseGo (both target the payment transaction market in SEA) that will launch dividend payments within the next few months. I am vested in most of them.

A practical easy example for NEO - which is basically Chinas substitute for Ethereum. When holding NEO, one is paid in GAS on their blockchain abt every 20 seconds when a block is completed, no work or mining required. The GAS goes straight into my personal wallet and can be sold on exchange, or kept for value increase if one prefers. The amount of GAS received is proportional to the number NEO held in the wallet - e.g. share of ownership (or Proof of Stake as it's commonly called in the crypto space).

This is a calculator that shows the amount of GAS earned depending on the NEO holding, and can give you fair idea about the dividend size:

https://neotogas.com/

12 hours ago, julietx said:

its a great business idea......generating strings of text that the gullible will buy 

And what do you think the 'money' you are holding in your bank account is - stacks of gold backed paper cash that they are holding for you just waiting to be picked up and redeemed into 'true value'

At least my 'strings of text' can not be created or deleted on a whim by any local bank manager or corrupt central bank.

So tiresome, please educate yourself a bit before you introduce yourself to this forum and the crypto community. I can explain it to you, but can't comprehend it for you. By your insults you're only displaying that you know nothing.

And what do you think the 'money' you are holding in your bank account is - stacks of gold backed paper cash that they are holding for you just waiting to be picked up and redeemed into 'true value'

At least my 'strings of text' can not be created or deleted on a whim by any local bank manager or corrupt central bank.

So tiresome, please educate yourself a bit before you introduce yourself to this forum and the crypto community. I can explain it to you, but can't comprehend it for you. By your insults you're only displaying that you know nothing.

Are you going to take financial advice from a troll named julie who clearly has a wealth of no idea... Lol

I don't have a problem with knowing nothing about a particular subject. That's why I ask questions.

While I've concluded cryptocurrencies are not for me, I would like to thank you for helping me understand some of the mechanics.

2 hours ago, bazza73 said:

I don't have a problem with knowing nothing about a particular subject. That's why I ask questions.

While I've concluded cryptocurrencies are not for me, I would like to thank you for helping me understand some of the mechanics.

You're welcome and my comment was not in any way directed towards you. Always happy to help if I can and people have true intentions to learn.

1 hour ago, ThailandLOS said:

Not really - just tired of the ignorance around this topic

This is probably  about the worst place  you could find to have a technical discussion about CryptoCurrencys...if it was a conversation about bargirls,  beer chang and the good oulde days you would find a more reciprocal audience 

Also about 4 years ahead of the curve too but by the time it's easy enough for grandma to use, the potential returns of investment will be greatly dimished by that stage too....

No risk, No reward

Here is another way of earning dividends, using coins that currently that don't pay out dividend currently: Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum:

This is a 'tumbler' service that processes transactions and makes them fully anonymous for open blockchain coins such as the above. Basically, the way it works is that other coins come out at the other end than the deposited, i.e. 'tumbling'

For this they need a pool of coins and pay interest of 80% over 9 weeks on deposits (they claim it's 180% but this includes the principal). Still pretty good and the company is registered in the UK and legit as far as I can see. I've been using their investment program for a while and they pay out daily - no problem. Wouldn't put in enormous amounts of coins though.

21 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

Here is another way of earning dividends, using coins that currently that don't pay out dividend currently: Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum:

This is a 'tumbler' service that processes transactions and makes them fully anonymous for open blockchain coins such as the above. Basically, the way it works is that other coins come out at the other end than the deposited, i.e. 'tumbling'

For this they need a pool of coins and pay interest of 80% over 9 weeks on deposits (they claim it's 180% but this includes the principal). Still pretty good and the company is registered in the UK and legit as far as I can see. I've been using their investment program for a while and they pay out daily - no problem. Wouldn't put in enormous amounts of coins though.

talk about the faithful being blind.......that is nothing but a scam......it's one big Ponzi scheme

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 6:45 PM, Jackie66 said:

I would also recommend coins.co.th (but they only trade Bitcoins); I tried registering with bx.in.th and they just gave me the runaround, e.g. I provided exactly the same information to them as I did to coins.co.th and they rejected my address, my bank details and the picture of my bank book; plus they insist on you holding a card beside your passport selfie with "bx.in.th" written on it - as if you are applying for a job.

Archived