Brazilian drug trafficking suspect swallows 100 packs of cocaine

webfact

Drug trafficking suspect swallows 100 packs of cocaine

976785abead38eb464c9265f42fc54f3-sld.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Brazilian has been arrested after he allegedly smuggled cocaine into the country. An x-ray found that he had swallowed 100 packs of cocaine, totalling about 1.3 kilograms in an attempt to bring them into the country.

Acting on a tip-off, anti-narcotic police rounded up the suspect, identified as Paulo Henrique Pires Naschimento, as he was picking up his luggage at a belt inside Suvarnabhumi Airport at about 8.30pm on September 6. He travelled on an Ethiopian Airline flight from Ethiopia.

An X-ray found 100 oval-shaped objects inside his body. Police said he confessed to swallowing the packed cocaine while in Ethiopia and was supposed to meet a man who would pick up the drug in Bangkok.

a43514c4226aafeaec1e37e45871bfb1-sld.jpg

He then brought police to a hotel in Soi Sukhumvit 64 where he would meet the contact. 

Then the second suspect, Coleta Elsonias, who was later found to be staying in the same hotel, visited Naschimento at his room and gave him some milk to help him release the cocaine. 

The first suspect then told Elsonias that he already evacuated the drug out of his body. Elsonias then came back to get the drug at Naschimento’s room when he was arrested. The second suspect refused to talk to police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30326324

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-11

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, johnnynmonic said:

Actually, I think that might be part of a profile that airlines look for to ID smugglers.

Oh, dear! Are you serious? I was joking, just because it seems like the whole body is just to full already. Hard to push a good meal down there, isn´t it?

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

A "tip off" :whistling: The most likely way that anyone would know about drugs being smuggled is if they were somehow involved. :coffee1:

Most likely Mr. "tip off" asked for increase for his services to pass the customs and did not get it..

i was actually wondering where that tip off might have come from ie foreign law enforcement but as someone stated earlier i guess he could have raised suspicions with the cabin crew. not eating, sweating, irritable that kind of stuff. either way good result for the nigerians as they wouldn't want real coke on the market in bkk whilst they sell there crushed up yaba for the same price

Edited by Happy enough
grammar

That is how they do it in the US. Then they tell the mule something to the effect of you can go to prison for 100 years or roll over and we will recommend a lighter sentence or if you become an informant we'll put you in the witness protection program.

Good job. Tip, coincidence or happenstance does not matter, What matters is they got him. 

36 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i was actually wondering where that tip off might have come from ie foreign law enforcement but as someone stated earlier i guess he could have raised suspicions with the cabin crew. not eating, sweating, irritable that kind of stuff. either way good result for the nigerians as they wouldn't want real coke on the market in bkk whilst they sell there crushed up yaba for the same price

You put the food in you jacket pocket. then flush it. And cocaine is much more expensive then meth. "yaba"

9 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

That is how they do it in the US. Then they tell the mule something to the effect of you can go to prison for 100 years or roll over and we will recommend a lighter sentence or if you become an informant we'll put you in the witness protection program.

Good job. Tip, coincidence or happenstance does not matter, What matters is they got him. 

Yeah...except in the US they actually honor the deal....here I think he is still going to prison for a long long time