Retirement extension Income letter from embassy time validity and content

On 9/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will accept a income letter that is up 6 months old on the date you apply.

Whether you determine the content depends upon how your embassy does it. Some have their own templates for them.

Any income from outside the country will accepted by immigration but some embassies will only verify pension income.

Hello,

Do you know if US Embassy will still be issuing sworn affidavit of monthly income in future? And if yes what will be required other than affidavit form signed in presence of the Embassy official and my passport and the $50 fee as it was so far.

Thanks

Nick

17 minutes ago, nwh said:

Do you know if US Embassy will still be issuing sworn affidavit of monthly income in future? And if yes what will be required other than affidavit form signed in presence of the Embassy official and my passport and the $50 fee as it was so far.

At this time there have been no changes announced by the embassy and IMO there will not be any.

No changes for what is needed to do the affidavit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 5:57 PM, bazza73 said:

I've been assured by my visa agent all I need ( Australian ) is a Statutory Declaration witnessed by an Australian Consulate officer stating my monthly income in dollars - Immigration does the baht conversion.

The Consulate didn't even ask to see supporting documentation - in my case last year's tax return.

Yes people from many countries including Australia applying for a Thai Retirement Visa simply have to make a declaration under oath that the information you provide is true  e.g  "I have $40,000 Aus in an Australian bank account and converted to Thai Baht is Bt 920,000  "I make this declaration ,bla,bla,bla etc etc under oath and you can put me in gaol for up to 4 years if I'm not telling the truth. Bla, bla, bla.  Then signed by a Embassy official to witness YOUR DECLARATION.  Yes you are making the declaration not the Embassy.

Clearly many of these UK applicants cannot provide the require evidence, perhaps it is there and is very complicated to present.  It's unlikely you will have to prove it unless you are audited.  Some may not have the money at all Hmmm?  Well simplicity is the name of the game when you are entering another country to live long term.  The Statutory Declaration method has been widely accepted by the Thais now for many years for other countries but not BE, but maybe yes soon (fingers crossed).  It seems to me that the Brits should do as other countries do.  And stop all the stuffing around as it could lead to changes by Thai officials that may impact on other countries applicants.   

• Like 2