ADHD, Ritalin, and the work permit drug test.

Hi all,

I've been living in Thailand for many years now, and just last month got diagnosed with adult ADHD and prescribed Ritalin. Today I'm heading to the hospital to get my medical screening to renew my work permit. 

I noticed that "mental illness" (vaguely defined) is on the list of conditions that bar foreigners from getting a work permit. Will ADHD fall under that category, as it is, technically, a mental illness? Also, my psychiatrist warned me that ritalin tests positive as an amphetamine. Will that cause a problem as well?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks! Seeing as I've passed the physical year after year as a completely unmedicated basketcase, I shouldn't have a problem this time around. I'll bring a copy of the medical certificate from my psych as well to avoid any false positives on the drug test. 

17 minutes ago, Leelas said:

Thanks! Seeing as I've passed the physical year after year as a completely unmedicated basketcase, I shouldn't have a problem this time around. I'll bring a copy of the medical certificate from my psych as well to avoid any false positives on the drug test. 

There is no drug test, only a syphilis test.

5 hours ago, Leelas said:

Best to keep that on you always in case you have to pee in a cup by the police somewhere. will save you a bit of a headache.