Video: What amulet was she wearing?! Thai woman in miraculous escape 

Jonathan Fairfield

Video: What amulet was she wearing?! Thai woman in miraculous escape 

s2.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Thai woman crossing the road in Korat had a miracle escape after a car ploughed into two vehicles making a U-Turn.

The woman, unidentified but aged about 50, had just got off a "song thaew" and was in the central reservation waiting to cross.

CCTV showed a black car collide at high speed with other vehicles and miss her.

She walked off without so much as a graze.

The accident occurs at about 1.50 of a clip lasting just over two minutes.

A local called Prasit, 55, working at the scene of the accident on the Ratchasima to Jakrat Road on Saturday evening said that he heard the screeching of brakes and looked up.

He couldn't believe it as the woman walked away unscathed.

Sanook did not yet catch up with the woman which is a pity.

Thaivisa would love to know what amulet she was wearing.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-11

31 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But to start with the car at fault is in a good position, they're not in the outside lane.  Then they inexplicably go out of their lane to try and squeeze between a gap where there is no gap.

No surprised, it's a usual Thai driving.

1 hour ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Skip to 1:50 for the impact.

I don't understand what the black car is trying to do, overtake on the outside?

At would appear to me that the driver of the black car simply fell asleep at the wheel...   This is the only explanation I can think of which explains the deviation from the central lane along with making no attempt to slow down... 

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

At would appear to me that the driver of the black car simply fell asleep at the wheel...   This is the only explanation I can think of which explains the deviation from the central lane along with making no attempt to slow down... 

Or how about the driver suffered a medical issue such a a stroke, heart attack or a seizure, it's not unusual 

4 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But to start with the car at fault is in a good position, they're not in the outside lane.  Then they inexplicably go out of their lane to try and squeeze between a gap where there is no gap.

Almost as if the driver was deliberately trying to take her out. But I'm guessing the driver dropped their mobile phone and was picking it up. I can't think of any other rational explanation.

Did I just write rational?

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Don't know about the amulet but I am sure she is not wearing the same underwear anymore.

Not so sure, she seems to walk to the other side of the road as if nothing had happened - not even a backward glance.

Give all Thai drivers a push bike. If they last a year without falling off then give them a small car and so on and so on Will move national death toll to number 3 in the world. That's a lot of lives saved and affected family and friends from the existing system where brain dead morons can drive vans. trucks, coaches etc.? :-)