How do you use those orange machines to top up internet on tablet?

finy

Those orange machines outside 7/11, I sort of get how you could top up your phone.

But obviously with iPads you have a number, but you can't send messages or enter codes.

It it even possible to top up a DTAC internet only package on the machines?

Advice on how to do it would be much appreciated.

cheers

The first link will just auto-login to the DTAC website if you click on the link using a Browser whilst utilising DTAC mobile Internet.

From that interface you can check your balance/package, add credit and apply some packages. 

The third link you can utilise in order to apply some packages. Of course I don't know which package you are utilising at the moment.

Thank you!

I have the 9 gb package.

when I clicked on the first link it showed my number, remaining balance, usage, refill options etc.

I was hoping if I increased my balance using the machine I could use preexisting funds to top up.

on the refill screen it looks like it just takes debit cards, but maybe preexisting balance will be possible if I have enough.

I think my current package might already be set.

cheers

4 hours ago, finy said:

Thank you!

I have the 9 gb package.

when I clicked on the first link it showed my number, remaining balance, usage, refill options etc.

I was hoping if I increased my balance using the machine I could use preexisting funds to top up.

on the refill screen it looks like it just takes debit cards, but maybe preexisting balance will be possible if I have enough.

I think my current package might already be set.

cheers

I have no idea as to what that means.

The 9GB package automatically renews for 12 months. So as long as you have 750 baht of credit at renewal time, it will reactivate.

As an aside, run a test by applying one of these Speed Topping packages; https://www.dtac.co.th/en/campaign/speed-topping.html

If it works and the speed suits your purpose, you can save money by getting a cheaper 'unlimited' package and then use a Speed Topping package to add data as and when.

For example, the 399(428 baht) package gets you 4.5GB. If you use that up in a fortnight and Speed Topping works for you, you can add 4GB for a 15 day period for 99baht(107 baht inc VAT)

This gives you a bit more flexibility for using less or more data each month.

1 hour ago, finy said:

Magic, thank you.

It does say something about 12 months on site, I just didn't know it topped up automatically.

It doesn't top up automatically.

You are confusing the issue by utilising erroneous descriptions. 

Top up is the action of adding credit to an account. Activating/renewing a package is something else.

You can change the package at any time.

If you don't want it to renew the next month, either cancel via the call centre or make sure you have too little credit in your account for it to automatically renew.