More trouble at Surin bar where British owner was attacked by biker gang

webfact

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The cops said they were had to let a gang of foreigners go because they got wais but they forgot to mention how much they received in bribes.  

This country is amoral and corrupt beyond any redemption.  Better burn down the whole place, kill everyone with a neutron bomb and start again with a new population and a new system.  

Hey now.  There's an idea.  We could get Trump to nuke the place and then tell Kim that this is what will happen to him if he doesn't behave.:cheesy:

One of these motorcyclist's bars has just opened in my neck of the woods. I don't know which group, if any, it owes its allegiance to. A lot of money has been spent on transforming what was a rather tatty backpackers joint into a rather smart bar - with a tattoo parlour attached!
Given that the bar business up here is somewhat rocky, and brs have been closing over the last few years, I do hope that they are not considering adopting the "Surin business model"!

On 9/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, Thechook said:

I can just imagine the bikies giving a sincere wai to police.  What about a wai and apology to the victim.

Just wai to the police because they were interrupted and you're free to go.

Maybe their "Wais" had brown envelopes in them??

On 13/09/2017 at 11:14 AM, rkidlad said:

And it's really that simple.

I love when my nephew comes to visit my home. He might spill a drink, etc. He will quickly wai me, and then tries to run off. He's called back and told to clean up his mess. "But it was an accident!". He's quickly told that I couldn't care less and he's made to clean up after himself. All good until he's in his own home and does it. Quick wai and his mum is cleaning up after him. 

So wrong, give his mum a slap in the head, I would 555

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Anythingleft? said:

Not really an effective deterent to crime is it? Can they really expect a normal forward thinking and progressive society with respect for each other if they only have to say is sorry and all is forgotten.
It's quite sad that members of the public have to go to such lengths to get a reaction from the upholders of the law that are supposedly giving equal service and protection for all....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Time to take off the saffron glasses, methinks.

I agree with you, but it's not reality.

20 hours ago, transam said:

Good time to install CCTV outside....:smile:

20 hours ago, Lazy Farang said:

Ahhh, so the pillow biters came back for a second go, this time their intellect couldn't come up with anything better then to glue the locks.. God their just brain dead rejects.

If you are going to call someone a brain dead reject I'd suggest a grammar class first. 

13 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The cops said they were had to let a gang of foreigners go because they got wais but they forgot to mention how much they received in bribes.  

This country is amoral and corrupt beyond any redemption.  Better burn down the whole place, kill everyone with a neutron bomb and start again with a new population and a new system.  

I think you mean the Middle East for your solution.

TIT.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Think folk here are talking about ordinary folks protection from folk who are paid to provide every day street protection...:stoner:

My take buddy ex-UK whatever you wanna call em has a bar also wants more business to improve income has had not just one but 3 lots of trouble and now all over Facebook, good call err.

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

And do you really belive the cops in say USA or UK aren't on the take! News flash they as in Thailand they are.

There will always be a few rotten apples, but it's hardly as blatant as Thailand. Try offering a traffic cop a bribe for a traffic infringement in Australia and see what happens, and the US as well. Your statement is the usual BS.

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So wrong, give his mum a slap in the head, I would 555

All your posts sound as if you probably would have no problem 'slapping women' Or going with all your biker 'girly' gang to beat up a bar owner and his wife........... LOL..........

10 hours ago, Cranky said:
On 9/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, Lazy Farang said:

Ahhh, so the pillow biters came back for a second go, this time their intellect couldn't come up with anything better then to glue the locks.. God their just brain dead rejects.

If you are going to call someone a brain dead reject I'd suggest a grammar class first. 

Never mind............ most of us understood........ Brain dead and therefore a reject......

12 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

All your posts sound as if you probably would have no problem 'slapping women' Or going with all your biker 'girly' gang to beat up a bar owner and his wife........... LOL..........

Your reply sounds like you let kids get away with murder, (if you have any), whereas we know how to discipline ours, and for the records, it was a figure of speech, obviously went over the top, few bob short of a quid, some 555

18 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

And do you really belive the cops in say USA or UK aren't on the take! News flash they as in Thailand they are.

This is amusing on many levels.

Yes in the southern states sometime the local sheriff used to sell you a few water melons, but you have to be observant enough to see the car is down on the rear springs and ask "do you know anywhere I can get some water melons?" 

In the UK they wanted to have on the spot fines for non-UK drivers (Europeans, etc.) as they simply go home without paying there speeding fines. The police union voted unanimously against handling money! 

In some parts of the world one has to follow the patrol car to the nearest mail box where the policeman witnesses you mailing the fine. 

What's the update on the apprehension of these tight waistcoats?

How's the landlord doing?

How come when ever something like this happens no one from tv is affected. Customer etc? Not many "I was there" same with all the stories no one actually sees anything. 

After reading 14 pages of, well, 99 percent of complete & utter drivel, that only leaves 1 percent that actually understands what has happened here, I haven't laughed so much in a very looong time, that doesn't mean I condone what this idiotically stupid 'Prospect Outlaw Nomad' club have done.... ;-)

I watched a TV program the other night on Hells Angels, formed back after world war 2 named after a bomber squadron and mainly ex vets the 1%-ters who did not want to conform after the wars they where in turned their heads. They where hard men with that background.

Must be some seriously old American bikers floating around here or a bunch of wannabe's doing a copycat impression, the later I expect.

23 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I watched a TV program the other night on Hells Angels, formed back after world war 2 named after a bomber squadron and mainly ex vets the 1%-ters who did not want to conform after the wars they where in turned their heads. They where hard men with that background.

Must be some seriously old American bikers floating around here or a bunch of wannabe's doing a copycat impression, the later I expect.

wakeupplease, please learn what 1% actually means before brandishing it about willynilly

The term "One-Percenters" originated from the July 4, 1947, annual Gypsy Tour race sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) which was held in Hollister, California. The Gypsy Tour race, which was the pièce de résistance of motorcycle racing events during that time, was held at different locations across America and had been previously held in Hollister in 1936.

A location near the town was chosen again in 1947 partly because of its long relationship with bikers and various biker-related events that were held throughout the years, and also because of the welcome the AMA received by the town merchants who knew the positive impact it would have on the local economy.Approximately 4,000 attended the Gypsy Tour race and many of the riders and non-riders ended up celebrating in the town of Hollister. For three days there was a lot of hard-core beer drinking and street racing that went on in the town. By Sunday, the California Highway Patrol was called in armed with tear gas to help put an end to the event.

After it was over, there was a record of about 55 bikers being arrested on misdemeanor charges. There were no reports of property being destroyed or of looting and not a single report of any local people being harmed in any way.

However, the San Francisco Chronicle ran articles that exaggerated and sensationalized the event. Headlines like "Riots... Cyclists Take Over Town" and words such as “terrorism” described the general atmosphere in Hollister over the holiday weekend.

To top it off, a San Francisco Chronicle photographer by the name of Barney Peterson staged a photograph of an intoxicated biker holding a bottle of beer in each hand while leaning against a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, with broken beer bottles scattered on the ground.

Life magazine picked up on the story and  in the July 21, 1947, edition it ran Peterson's staged photograph  on full-page display titled, “Cyclist’s Holiday: He and Friends Terrorize Town.” Ultimately, to the dismay of the AMA, the image sparked both fascination and concern about the violent, unruly nature of the a growing subculture of motorcycle groups.

Afterward, films about motorcycle clubs with members depicting bad behavior began hitting the movie theaters. The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, brought particular attention to gang-type behavior displayed by members of motorcycle clubs.

The event became known as the "Hollister Riot" although there is no documentation that an actual riot occurred and the town of Hollister invited the race back, other cities across the country believed what the press reported and it resulted in numerous cancelations of the Gypsy Tour races.

AMA RESPONDS

It was rumored that the AMA defended the reputation of its association and member, with an alleged press release stating that, "The trouble was caused by the one percent deviant that tarnishes the public image of both motorcycles and motorcyclists" and going on to say that 99 percent of bikers are law-abiding citizens, and the "one percent" are nothing more than "outlaws." 

However, in 2005 the AMA denied credit for the term, saying that there was no record of any AMA official or published statement that originally used the "one percent" reference.

No matter where it actually originated from, the term caught on and new outlaw motorcycle gangs  (OMGs) emerged and embraced the concept of being referred to as one-percenters.

15 hours ago, Jip66 said:

After reading 14 pages of, well, 99 percent of complete & utter drivel, that only leaves 1 percent that actually understands what has happened here, I haven't laughed so much in a very looong time, that doesn't mean I condone what this idiotically stupid 'Prospect Outlaw Nomad' club have done.... ;-)

I read a couple posts.  thanks for saving me the waste of time.

Archived