More trouble at Surin bar where British owner was attacked by biker gang

webfact

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2017 at 5:55 AM, thaiguzzi said:
1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Though bikers, they are.

If they glue my lock, I'll show them who the boss is. 

they are more than welcome to come here all mob handed. no keyboard warrior here. lets see where that gets them

On 9/13/2017 at 8:07 AM, NCC1701A said:

here we go with 1000 pages of comments of everyone arguing about if the Outlaws are real criminals.

"The U.S. Department of Justice defines "outlaw motorcycle gangs" (OMG) as "organizations whose members use their motorcycle clubs as conduits for criminal enterprises".[60] The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Criminal Intelligence Service Canada have designated four MCs as "outlaw motorcycle gangs": the Hells Angels, the Pagans, the Outlaws, and the Bandidos,[61][62] known as the "Big Four".

The FBI asserts that Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs support themselves primarily through drug dealing, trafficking in stolen goods, and extortion, and that they fight over territory and the illegal drug trade[67] and collect $1 billion in illegal income annually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club#Outlaw_motorcycle_gangs_as_criminal_enterprises

This has nothing to do with what the US legislates.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:18 AM, VocalNeal said:

My take? The bar owner has/had banned one of the bikie guys, probably publicly. Loss of face! So bikie and mates open new bar and intimidate original guy out of business. 

Should not have banned the guy in the first place?

Why not, the Outlaws are a gang of objectionable bastards, no one in their right mind would want them in their bar.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:46 PM, Jip66 said:

wakeupplease, please learn what 1% actually means before brandishing it about willynilly

The term "One-Percenters" originated from the July 4, 1947, annual Gypsy Tour race sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) which was held in Hollister, California. The Gypsy Tour race, which was the pièce de résistance of motorcycle racing events during that time, was held at different locations across America and had been previously held in Hollister in 1936.

A location near the town was chosen again in 1947 partly because of its long relationship with bikers and various biker-related events that were held throughout the years, and also because of the welcome the AMA received by the town merchants who knew the positive impact it would have on the local economy.Approximately 4,000 attended the Gypsy Tour race and many of the riders and non-riders ended up celebrating in the town of Hollister. For three days there was a lot of hard-core beer drinking and street racing that went on in the town. By Sunday, the California Highway Patrol was called in armed with tear gas to help put an end to the event.

After it was over, there was a record of about 55 bikers being arrested on misdemeanor charges. There were no reports of property being destroyed or of looting and not a single report of any local people being harmed in any way.

However, the San Francisco Chronicle ran articles that exaggerated and sensationalized the event. Headlines like "Riots... Cyclists Take Over Town" and words such as “terrorism” described the general atmosphere in Hollister over the holiday weekend.

To top it off, a San Francisco Chronicle photographer by the name of Barney Peterson staged a photograph of an intoxicated biker holding a bottle of beer in each hand while leaning against a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, with broken beer bottles scattered on the ground.

Life magazine picked up on the story and  in the July 21, 1947, edition it ran Peterson's staged photograph  on full-page display titled, “Cyclist’s Holiday: He and Friends Terrorize Town.” Ultimately, to the dismay of the AMA, the image sparked both fascination and concern about the violent, unruly nature of the a growing subculture of motorcycle groups.

Afterward, films about motorcycle clubs with members depicting bad behavior began hitting the movie theaters. The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, brought particular attention to gang-type behavior displayed by members of motorcycle clubs.

The event became known as the "Hollister Riot" although there is no documentation that an actual riot occurred and the town of Hollister invited the race back, other cities across the country believed what the press reported and it resulted in numerous cancelations of the Gypsy Tour races.

AMA RESPONDS

It was rumored that the AMA defended the reputation of its association and member, with an alleged press release stating that, "The trouble was caused by the one percent deviant that tarnishes the public image of both motorcycles and motorcyclists" and going on to say that 99 percent of bikers are law-abiding citizens, and the "one percent" are nothing more than "outlaws." 

However, in 2005 the AMA denied credit for the term, saying that there was no record of any AMA official or published statement that originally used the "one percent" reference.

No matter where it actually originated from, the term caught on and new outlaw motorcycle gangs  (OMGs) emerged and embraced the concept of being referred to as one-percenters.

I have to giggle about the sentance that talks about the 55 bikers.

Very fitting in a thai topic..haha

About the 1% er's...if it translate to this mob, obviously talking about their score in an IQ test.

On 13/09/2017 at 9:40 AM, sklmeeera said:

This gang are actually the Nomads . It is common knowledge that they are Hells Angels rejects . So if someone wants to  join the HA and is perceived as a wimp or too effeminate they are directed to join the Nomads . This is why the name Gay Nomads and more recently Gaymads has stuck . Because they are predominitely homo and not badass  enough to be in the HA .

I feel embarrassed at having even read that !! 

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 9:14 AM, johnefallis said:

Former cops from any western country are not welcome in S.E. Asia..

Can you explain how that is a fitting reply to a sublect of 'foreign badd-ass bikers' harassing and damaging a bar just because the made an ass of their self and was banned from the bar......... Please explain how this is fitting or admit that you were drunk on on Thai Yaba...........

On 08/10/2017 at 9:57 PM, Just Weird said:

This has nothing to do with what the US legislates.

JW, in one way it does. The Australian police have been working with the Thai police of late to help them control the activities and spread of the gangs. The Thai police look to be happy to adopt the Australian methods, so I would not be surprised if the Yanks are helping out too. 

9 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

JW, in one way it does. The Australian police have been working with the Thai police of late to help them control the activities and spread of the gangs. The Thai police look to be happy to adopt the Australian methods, so I would not be surprised if the Yanks are helping out too. 

As I said, the thread has nothing to do with what the US legislates.  Regardless of who is assisting the RTP, other countries' legislation is irrelevant and cannot be applied here.

You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby,

Archa Alert!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advertising and exposure for The Monkey house bar.. I hope all the expats in the Surin area get down there and have a drink in support of this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

on FB its status is closed down. Looks like the couple are basically locked indoors with shutter down with no business, no money coming in.

Makes me realise how lucky I am to have military inlaw's

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

on FB its status is closed down. Looks like the couple are basically locked indoors with shutter down with no business, no money coming in.

Military I In laws will not help. Because maybe some high ranking officer has eyes for a new Bar establishment.

6 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

These kind of stories really make me question retiring in Thailand.

Running a bar/restaurant is indeed a difficult business that not often works.

No idea what happened that the bikers got upset, but there's always a reason for something. 

They wouldn't just go there and destroy many things and injure some people. Is it possible that there's a piece missing?

Military I In laws will not help. Because maybe some high ranking officer has eyes for a new Bar establishment.

He's v high ranking. Put it this way, if any of the family were in danger, a fully armed platoon wd be on their doorstep within the hr.

On the other hand, when my wife was caught drink driving and she called him to help, he said " help yourself!"

4 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

And how would that help you. Are you going to ask them to break the law too?

2 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

He's v high ranking. Put it this way, if any of the family were in danger, a fully armed platoon wd be on their doorstep within an hr

You must be joking. Seen too many TV-series? :cheesy:

2 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

You havent a clue about thai family bond or how the marines help each other out.

Having a father I law that has reached the grade of เรือโท will be of little use in Isaan.  I am glad you are safe in Thailand with your father in laws protective cover. 

The "monkey house" didn t really cater much to the HISO 's, that crowd tend to hang beside their scooters outside of Speed 3.  You really should get out of BKK some time.

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Running a bar/restaurant is indeed a difficult business that not often works.

No idea what happened that the bikers got upset, but there's always a reason for something. 

They wouldn't just go there and destroy many things and injure some people. Is it possible that there's a piece missing?

I do feel very sorry for the injuries they had to suffer. I was just wondering if there's a bit more behind it.....

Having a father I law that has reached the grade of เรือโท will be of little use in Isaan.  I am glad you are safe in Thailand with your father in laws protective cover. 

The "monkey house" didn t really cater much to the HISO 's, that crowd tend to hang beside their scooters outside of Speed 3.  You really should get out of BKK some time.
Ah the guy with the huge chip is back. The wife is laughing at your post.

Archived