Hezbollah declares Syria victory, Russia says much of country won back

webfact

13 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

To my knowledge it's still a war for regime change. No religious war at all...

Hezbollah militants counts mainly Shia Muslims, but also Sunni Muslims and Christians.

Russian troops have mainly Russian Orthodox soldiers fighting with their Syrian Army soldiers against all Syrian rebels.
The Syrian Army counts Christians, Alawites, Alevites, Sunni & Shia, Yazedi soldiers.

The Syrian rebels and franchise, are Sunni Salafist iconoclasts.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was in Hezbollah's "capital" this year.  Guaranteed they aren't friendly towards Christians!  Nor Sunni Muslims.  They are funded by Iran, which is Shia.  Period.  You'll have to provide a credible link to provoe otherwise.

I saw some of their propaganda videos when I was there.  Chilling to put it mildly.

Agree with your comments about Russia and Syria, but not Hezbollah.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Hezbollah's "capital" this year.  Guaranteed they aren't friendly towards Christians!  Nor Sunni Muslims.  They are funded by Iran, which is Shia.  Period.  You'll have to provide a credible link to provoe otherwise.

I saw some of their propaganda videos when I was there.  Chilling to put it mildly.

Agree with your comments about Russia and Syria, but not Hezbollah.

Next time you go to Beirut, you will see that there's no religious segregation.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/they-accept-us-as-we-are-christians-join-forces-with-muslim-group-hezbollah-to-fight-isis-in-lebanon-138975/

http://www.ibtimes.com/christian-sunni-shia-meet-hezbollahs-non-denominational-military-branch-defending-2169257

http://vatican.com/contact

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

No sectarian issues in Lebanon, says poster. And if there were, just blame it on the US.

Could we get back to topic, though?

11 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Hezbollah's capital isn't Beirut.  I was there in Lebanon for a bit over a week this past may.  4 nights in Beirut.

28 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

13HEZBOLLAH-master1050.jpg.87577f5c798fb209128236d7eb65938f.jpg

Hezbollah, the world needs to thank you and Russia for ending the war in Syria.

The war is over?  Breaking news! LOL

P.S. The families of the innocents killed by Russia will never thank them.  You know that.  But nice troll post.

No sectarian issues in Lebanon, says poster. And if there were, just blame it on the US.
Could we get back to topic, though?

Quote from OP :

"People watch Lebanon's Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah as he appears on a screen during a live broadcast to speak to his supporters at an event marking Resistance and Liberation Day in Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, May 25, 2017. "

Lebanon is 'on topic' as per OP's comment of Hezbollahs' Resistance and Liberation Day.

As explained before, I've only raised the conclusion that still some US backed rebels are still fighting in the North of Syria. The war should have been over, if the solution was reached by themselves...

Quote from OP :

"Lapin made no reference to a swathe of territory held in northern Syria by an alliance of U.S.-backed militias - the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) which is led by the Kurdish YPG and is not at war with Assad. The Observatory said SDF-held territory amounts to 23 percent of Syria."

No anti-US claim at all...

Just now, Thorgal said:

Quote from OP :

"People watch Lebanon's Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah as he appears on a screen during a live broadcast to speak to his supporters at an event marking Resistance and Liberation Day in Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, May 25, 2017. "

Lebanon is 'on topic' as per OP's comment of Hezbollahs' Resistance and Liberation Day.

As explained before, I've only raised the conclusion that still some US backed rebels are still fighting in the North of Syria. The war should have been over, if the solution was reached by themselves...

Quote from OP :

"Lapin made no reference to a swathe of territory held in northern Syria by an alliance of U.S.-backed militias - the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) which is led by the Kurdish YPG and is not at war with Assad. The Observatory said SDF-held territory amounts to 23 percent of Syria."

And some of us have raised the conclusion the war should have been over if all belligerents had stayed out.

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

International dictionary:

Troll(n): Somebody who posts misinformation.

Thai Visa Dictionary

Craig3365 (n)... A complete apologist for anything American--or for any action they take in the world.

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Thai Visa Dictionary

Craig3365 (n)... A complete apologist for anything American--or for any action they take in the world.

Research my posts.  You'll see I mainly counter those who post anti-American comments that aren't correct.  Like yours.

:thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from OP :

Quote from OP :

More deflections.

Topic is quite obviously not about Lebanon's domestic issues.

There are various areas of Syria not under Assad's control. Some are held by Islamic groups (not supported by the US) and some are held by predominantly Kurdish organizations (supported by the US). Just like you to muddy the waters in order to make a faux argument:

Lapin made no reference to a swathe of territory held in northern Syria by an alliance of U.S.-backed militias - the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) which is led by the Kurdish YPG and is not at war with Assad. The Observatory said SDF-held territory amounts to 23 percent of Syria.

Lapin said Islamic State fighters are still in control of around 27,000 square km of Syria's territory.

The point made by others, is that had Assad's regime not been afforded massive support from Iran and Russia, the war may have ended earlier, and perhaps with different result:

Rebel groups were making steady advances against Assad as recently as 2015, when the deployment of the Russian air force to Syria turned the tide in his favour.

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Hezbollah, the world needs to thank you and Russia for ending the war in Syria.

It's a good time to remind you that posting support for any terrorist group on TV is contrary to forum rules. In addition Hezbollah and Russian forces have committed numerous war crimes in Syria and along with Assad's military and militia killing more civilians than ISIS. IMO you should be ashamed of yourself for such an ignorant post.

Edited by simple1

@tonbridgebrit

Troll support is dully noted.

The war is not over, as the OP itself conveys, if one is not bent on cherry-picking.

Then there's the usual bits you gloss over:

Referring to the Russian figure of 85 percent, a Western diplomat said: "Other numbers tell a darker story: over 400,000 killed; half the population displaced; millions of refugees."

"The harder question for Russia to answer is whether any of its vaunted 85 percent is stable. The Assad state is a thin veneer stretched over a patchwork of fiefdoms."

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

It's a good time to remind you that posting support for any terrorist group on TV is contrary to forum rules. In addition Hezbollah and Russian forces have committed numerous war crimes in Syria and along with Assad's military and militia killing more civilians than ISIS. IMO you should be ashamed of yourself for such an ignorant post.

Agreed.  I'm amazed anybody supports the Syrian regime.  Mostly those who are anti-American do so.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/russian-air-strikes-kill-34-civilians-deir-az-zor-170910162742746.html

Russian air raids kill 34 civilians near Deir Az Zor

Raids targeted civilians fleeing violence on ferries across the Euphrates River, UK-based monitoring group alleged.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/syria-diplomatic-talks-timeline-170915083153934.html

More than 465,000 Syrians have been killed in the fighting, more than a million injured and over 12 million Syrians - half the country's prewar population - have been displaced from their homes.

Congrats to Hezbollah, Iran and Russia! :bah:

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Proven by who? Who knows this? Got any links?  

Easy to research. There have been threads here on Thaivisa proving this.  But if you are lazy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/06/report-confirms-use-of-chemical-weapons-in-syrian-attack/532458/

Report Confirms Use of Chemical Weapons in Syrian Attack

A watchdog group says the nerve agent sarin was responsible for the deaths of more than 80 civilians in April.

2 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

That's proof. American propaganda is proof? :cheesy::cheesy:

Wow.  You obviously know nothing about this organization.  Please research their background before posting BS.  They are a well respected and international organization.  Not propaganda at all unless you are anti-American and like to make stuff up.  Quite sad.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

Wow.  You obviously know nothing about this organization.  Please research their background before posting BS.  They are a well respected and international organization.  Not propaganda at all unless you are anti-American and like to make stuff up.  Quite sad.

You are sad. The UN has never carried out a full investigation. The partial investigation did not lay blame on any one party. Seems you like parroting this "anti America" line. Everybody is supposed to love America? Any investigation not carried out by the UN and by a team approved by both sides in the conflict is nonsense......and by the way America always blames Assad!  What's new? 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

You are sad. The UN has never carried out a full investigation. The partial investigation did not lay blame on any one party. Seems you like parroting this "anti America" line. Everybody is supposed to love America? Any investigation not carried out by the UN and by a team approved by both sides in the conflict is nonsense......and by the way America always blames Assad!  What's new? 

The UN did blame Assad's regime, on more than one occasion. This was discussed, linked and referenced on past topics. Also above. May want to check who's blocking most investigations, or otherwise hindering them. That too is in almost all of them UN reports.

2 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Who said the UN carried out an investigation?  Not me?  You haven't even researched who this organization is, have you?  It's got nothing to do with America! LOL Talk about sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_for_the_Prohibition_of_Chemical_Weapons

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is an intergovernmental organisation, located in The Hague, Netherlands.

The Executive Council is the executive organ of the organisation and consists of 41 States Parties, which are appointed by the Conference on a 2-year term.

The organisation is not an agency of the United Nations, but cooperates both on policy and practical issues.

All 192 parties to the Chemical Weapons convention are automatically members of the OPCW.

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

U.N. Panel Faults Syria’s Military for Chemical Attack

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/world/middleeast/syria-chemical-weapons.html?mcubz=0

Guess it's UN "propaganda" now...:coffee1:

You got that right. That report was contested by the Russians because the investigators did not even visit the site! A team staffed by American yes man wanted credibility by using the UN. Read widely and stop believing everything parroted by the western media. There is a lot of information on this issue. Put the N.Y. Times away for a second. You got the internet! 

1 minute ago, Machiavelli said:

You got that right. That report was contested by the Russians because the investigators did not even visit the site! A team staffed by American yes man wanted credibility by using the UN. Read widely and stop believing everything parroted by the western media. There is a lot of information on this issue. Put the N.Y. Times away for a second. You got the internet! 

Contested by the Russians, as they stand to be implicated as well. Regarding access, it's hardly as if Assad's regime is very helpful there, is it? I do read widely, I just don't believe all the nonsense floating on the internet. Other than tossing claims of media bias and "Western" propaganda explaining away everything, guess not much of a contribution to be expected.

1 hour ago, Machiavelli said:

From my link.

To arrive at their conclusion, the OPCW interviewed local witnesses, attended autopsies, and collected bio-medical samples of deceased victims, along with samples from the environment.

So you are saying this chemical attack didn't happen? Really? Please research this a bit.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Research my posts.

Craig really...if you look back at your posts and feel your really are even handed....then its you that's should be researching them....there is always going to be someone who disagrees with an American stance...and there is always going to be you --defending, no matter what the subject.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Contested by the Russians, as they stand to be implicated as well. Regarding access, it's hardly as if Assad's regime is very helpful there, is it? I do read widely, I just don't believe all the nonsense floating on the internet. Other than tossing claims of media bias and "Western" propaganda explaining away everything, guess not much of a contribution to be expected.

Implicated! Who is the implicator? Who is this all knowing country god who implicates other countries? Who gave this so called implicator this power? Last time I checked these all knowing implicators plunged a country into horrible chaos after falsely accusing it of having WMDs.