Anyone break thru the 5 F's??

bkk6060

Maybe this has been a discussion before? But, after a few years here now full time, this is what I see as the Thai girl top 5.

Family

Friends

Fone

Facebook

Food

I know, I spelled Phone wrong. :)

Anyway, any guys here break into the top 5? The next choice would be Falang.

Any Falang actually think they make it into the top 5??  

Not sure I ever have.......

14 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Go back to School.

you missed number 1 off the list  :stoner:

and it don't start with F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless you want to stretch a point.

Somtam?

It seems only a few farang make such lists. My wife surely doesn't. 

I would say that I rank in the category of family. If there is a rare time when I need something, then she will be there to help me as will other family members when needed. There is no ranking by priority. Nobody is needing things all the time and we all help each other if something is needed. I more look at my role as helping my wife take care of other family members... 

Unless there is the proverbial situation of two people in a rushing river about to drown and my wife having only one rope... I don't see that it matters much. 

No one will ever enter the top 5 or even 6. Three marriages to Thais have taught me that all non Thais are never going to get into the list . While I have accepted it- it is definitely something to consider when contemplating marriage or even a relationship with a Thai girl.

12 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

No one will ever enter the top 5 or even 6. Three marriages to Thais have taught me that all non Thais are never going to get into the list . While I have accepted it- it is definitely something to consider when contemplating marriage or even a relationship with a Thai girl.

No one? Really? Or just not you? 3 marriages - are you choosing poorly? Are you not responsible for some of the problems or do your wives not live up to your Thai dreams? 

Almost everyone I know gets along well with his Thai wife and family... yes, I live upcountry and the farang here also seem to be devoted husbands who would sacrifice living in Phuket, Pattaya etc.. because they know their wives like to be near family. And I have watched as a few wives have sat by their bedside 24/7 when they were not well, going w/o sleep themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

If you watch the movie “Only God Forgives “ there is a terrific scene where the Cop explains it like it is to the bad Farang. You think you can become one if us but no chance ! Great movie.

Just now, Jip99 said:

Oh pleeeease..  ?????

You have a crystal ball.

Oh you poor misguided soul. I don't need a crystal ball to think enough of myself to not marry someone who did not place me over all others. Of course it must reciprocal, you must also place them first; else you do not have love.

If you don't fit into the list as number 2 after Family then you are dating/marrying the wrong type of girl.

Would you date or marry someone who was on welfare in your home country?

Would you marry someone who's family lived in a trailer park in your home country?

10 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Oh you poor misguided soul. I don't need a crystal ball to think enough of myself to not marry someone who did not place me over all others. Of course it must reciprocal, you must also place them first; else you do not have love.

I think you think too too much of yourself ?

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

You are quite wrong, I know of numerous Marriages where the Western husband clearly comes tops the list, or once a child comes along he becomes a close second. These relationships are with ladies of equal social economic status, who's family's are financially independent, in some cases wealthy, the husbands enjoy mutually respectful relationships with the extended family... Its all quite normal 'nothing to report here' stuff... I'm sure many posters enjoy similar such 'very normal' relationships. 

I also know of one Western-Thai marriage which mirrors what you wrote above. In this marriage its clear that he husband (a close friend of mine) is at the bottom of the pecking order... I read of the jokes how the husband is below the dog, but in my friends case this is clearly so. His wife doesn't seem to respect him, her family seem to tolerate him, I just see that he just the funds.... I don't know why they got married, they have a son now, I think thats the only reason they are together. 

Because I have witnessed this 'poor' relationship I can understand why people would make comments such as above, but it is also clear that these comments come from people who's own experience is sorely limited to negative experiences, perhaps through pure bad luck or simply poor choice and poor judgement of character. 

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

If you don't fit into the list as number 2 after Family then you are dating/marrying the wrong type of girl.

Would you marry someone who's family lived in a trailer park in your home country?

Someone like Dolly Parton?

1 minute ago, tryasimight said:
2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Someone like Dolly Parton?

If she lived in a trailer park when I met her no.   How would you know she was going to one day be rich.

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

If she lived in a trailer park when I met her no.   How would you know she was going to one day be rich.

It's not always about the money for most normal people.

I guess you fit into the 'money number one' demographic.

I feel sorry for you.

I am speaking of 50 years of experience in Thailand and seeing all kinds of Thai-Foreign marriages.I have encountered the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich.  I have been married 3 times- my first wife passed- a good marriage; my second -a divorce after a few years- I initiated it; my third- 15 years and still married happily.

I still stick to my original post indicating a foreign husband will never  come before a Thai mother or father or a child.  In most cases the others are also valid unless the wife is over the age of 50. This does not mean the marriages are all 'bad'.  It is just fact and one needs to become proficient in Thai culture and language to see it and realize that it is happening. The only time it changes is when one takes their Thai wife out of Thailand and does not return.  The Thai then becomes more Westernized and her mindset starts to change as she adapts Western thinking.

Thais generally cannot change what they are anymore than we as Westerners can change what we are. You accept it or not.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

I am speaking of 50 years of experience in Thailand and seeing all kinds of Thai-Foreign marriages.I have encountered the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich.  I have been married 3 times- my first wife passed- a good marriage; my second -a divorce after a few years- I initiated it; my third- 15 years and still married happily.

I still stick to my original post indicating a foreign husband will never  come before a Thai mother or father or a child.  In most cases the others are also valid unless the wife is over the age of 50. This does not mean the marriages are all 'bad'.  It is just fact and one needs to become proficient in Thai culture and language to see it and realize that it is happening. The only time it changes is when one takes their Thai wife out of Thailand and does not return.  The Thai then becomes more Westernized and her mindset starts to change as she adapts Western thinking.

Thais generally cannot change what they are anymore than we as Westerners can change what we are. You accept it or not.

I'd agree that for the majority cases a foreign husband will never come before Family...  but that has little to do with being foreign, a Thai husband is unlikely to come before his Wife's Family, equally so a Thai Wife is unlikely to come before a Thai husbands family, the same could easily be said of many Western Families... the foreign aspect is of little relevance. 

I agree that both Thai's and Westerners cannot change 'what they / we are'... but if we and they are intelligent, open minded individuals worthy of dating and marrying then there are far fewer hurdles such as the 'priority listing' outlined in this topic because quite frankly we are not dating or have married women stupid enough to think like that.

I suspect the mistake many may make is not fully evaluating the true intelligence and open-mindedness of their beau in the first place, or at least they have been pulling the wool over their own eyes, for those who have met, dated and married an equal match face very few if any of these issues discussed... 

22 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Only only when reading your posts.....

Yes, it is apparent you think too little about many things and not just about my statements. I would certainly hate to feel so inferior that I would be satisfied to be anything but number one to my spouse.

Archived