Man beaten by neighbours after allegedly killing dog for food

snoop1130

Man beaten by neighbours after allegedly killing dog for food

By Achara Wisetsri 
The Nation

5d8dd2793f8427bf7aff50b938474531.jpeg

A 32-year-old man was arrested in Rayong’s Pluak Daeng district on Wednesday for allegedly killing a female dog that had just given birth to puppies, Pol Captain Nitithorn Thuaglad of Pluak Daeng precinct said.

The suspect, Kumpa Somsri, was arrested at his rented apartment for allegedly fatally hitting the dog in the head with a hoe while it was feeding five puppies on Tuesday night. 

He then reportedly grilled the dog despite passers-by urging him to stop. Kumpa also sustained facial bruises during a scuffle with angry neighbours who tried to take away the dog carcass.

He is facing charges of theft and animal cruelty but he maintained his innocence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326602

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-13

16 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

If you really care about animals, like you're a real animal lover - you gotta go vegan otherwise you're usually supporting animal cruelty carried out by the huge dairy, meat and fish industries.

This is a bit of a stretch, considering we genetically evolved to be omnivores. Hence the incisors, canines and molars.

Consider me a supporter of animal cruelty and pass me a steak, medium rare please.

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

This is a bit of a stretch, considering we genetically evolved to be omnivores. Hence the incisors, canines and molars.

Consider me a supporter of animal cruelty and pass me a steak, medium rare please.

While correct that homo sapiens are omnivorous...Nearly all animals have canine teeth regardless of diet. The hippopotamus is strictly an herbivore and has the largest canines of all. Camels have large canines too, as do other herbivores. Looking at just similarities, homo sapien is much closer to herbivore than carnivore. FYI...

1. Carnivores have sharp molars/humans and herbivores are flat
2. Carnivores have claws and paws/humans and herbivores hands or hooves
3. Carnivores have large oral cavities/humans small
4. Carnivores have short digestive tracts/humans and herbivores long
5. Carnivores pant to cool the body/humans and herbivores sweat
6. Carnivores lap liquids/humans and herbivores sip
7. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C/humans and herbivores get it from their diet
8. Carnivores don't chew much and saliva doesn't have digestive enzymes/humans and herbivores chew and saliva does have digestive enzymes
9. Carnivores are quick and cunning and kill with claws and teeth/humans are not and don't
10. Carnivores kill then eat raw meat/most humans buy pretty packages of pre-killed meat and usually cook it

Edited by Skeptic7

22 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

If you really care about animals, like you're a real animal lover - you gotta go vegan otherwise you're usually supporting animal cruelty carried out by the huge dairy, meat and fish industries.

My forebears did not spend millions of years working their way up the food chain so I could wind up eating damn tofu. And...dogs were bred to help them find their next meal, not become it.

The monthly dog-wagon stopped coming around the villages about 2 years ago. The villages would get a bucket or similar for giving up a dog.  It would be loaded with dogs that were not wanted, strays and aggressives. They would deliver them to Sakon Nakon.

Since then the numbers have increaced dramatically and many roam the villages after dark. This reminds me of East London after WW2 when it would not be unusual to see a pack of 50 charging about.

Edited by owl sees all

On 9/14/2017 at 1:18 PM, Cereal said:

Hippopotamus think not. Omnivores with tusks you can envy. My incisors are used to open plastic bags, tied up to tightly by shopkeepers. 

Amazingly I thought about it this morning. Thais are more outrageous about people beating/eating dogs then girls rape and sold to sex slavery at 12yo...

I am about to marry my GF and hope to get pregnant soon. Raising a child here would be a challenging task. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Itay

51 minutes ago, johng said:

Strange to be outraged about cruelty to an animal and in the next sentence advocate cruelty to a human being... :blink:

Not that strange, really. Give me animals over most humans any day. Though not an advocate of random violence...cruel and inhumane treatment towards any species deserves a good ass kickin! :vampire: