Good Visa Agent / Attorney in BKK?

Now that my contract in BKK has ended, I'm looking for options that would allow me to travel freely to LOS and perhaps conduct some import/export business from China where I have sources.

Can anyone recommend (from personal experience, not a friend of a friend, or a neat sign they pass regularly, or a flashy ad on the interweb) a good visa agency in BKK that can help me define and expedite my best options?  I'm only planning to be in Thailand part time, and probably just for a few years to develop some distribution channels.  I qualify for a retirement visa, and can afford an Elite but don't want to risk getting the boot for conducting business meetings without the correct paperwork in place.  It may mean setting up a business, which opens lots of questions like Treaty of Amity, etc...  So I'd like to pay for some good advice.  Key word being "good".

Thanks in advance.

If you only want to participate in meetings, you can do this legally on a tourist entry (which the Elite visa basically provides):

Foreign nation wishing to enter Thailand for MICE purposes to attend a MICE event, which endorsed or sponsored by the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Burea (TCEB)*, to conduct the following trade or investment activities are not regarded as “working”. They do not need a work permit and are not required to submit a Form WP.10 notification.

2.1 Participating in meetings, conferences or seminars

2.2  Attending exhibitions or trade shows

2.3 Visiting businesses or having business meetings

2.4  Attending special or academic lectures

2.5 Attending lectures at technical trainings or seminars

2.6  Purchasing goods at trade shows

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/helsinki/en/customize/28150-ConferenceBusiness-meetingSeminar.html

I agree that getting expert advice is wise, but it may not be urgent. Unfortunately, while I have availed myself of legal advice in the past, my experience is not recent, and I cannot really make recommendations on a firm to use.

This is one of those funny things. People talk about visa agents or ppl that can help with info and business/visa issues but in the end unless the contact came to you thru a trusted friend, it is indeed very hard to find these people. I would recommend staying away from the ones who regularly post their contact details online/FB etc. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essecola said:

This is one of those funny things. People talk about visa agents or ppl that can help with info and business/visa issues but in the end unless the contact came to you thru a trusted friend, it is indeed very hard to find these people. I would recommend staying away from the ones who regularly post their contact details online/FB etc. Good luck.

So true.  But there are some posters here on TVF whose input is good as gold.  They're hard to find, too.  But read enough posts...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.  I’m another one looking for a reliable agent … but in this case for Driver’s License at Land Transport.  

If not suitable to post names on the forum, please send an email or private message to me.

I know, I know, many will reply, “Easy to do yourself.”  But I don’t want to do myself — I want an agent to go with me.  Yes, it will cost money.

This is for 5 year drivers license renewal.   When I got original license, and then again after 1 year, I used an agent.  Everything went so smoothly.  But then I lived in Chiang Mai.  Now living in Bangkok — actually near Land Transport office in Bangchak.  So looking for an agent in Bangkok.

Agent does NOT need to speak English.  My understanding of Thai is sufficient if spoken slowly and clearly, but can not expect that from government staff.  So if there is a Thai person, who assists Thai people at Land Transport, that would be fine.

Thank you for any suggestions of an agent.