my ISP number

gennisis

Great confusion on this,and it is probably effecting my Android box signing in.

When I check with sites I get many incorrect locations,they all give my location as Bangkok with the providers name being Symphony Communications. I am with Sinet.,and in Chiang Mai. is there any connections  between these companies.I asked Sinet to check the location,but nothing appears to have changed

Not uncommon for an ISP's company's IP addresses to be registered against a location like were their headquarters may be which could be in a different city.   Or your ISP is using some servers owned by another company but being leased by Sinet.

Also, if you are using a VPN connection the VPN Service  Provideer you are using may be using servers owned/registered by another company.    I see that all the time when using my PureVPN VPN service to make a VPN connection to some city in the world...an IP address check usually shows the right location and also who the VPN servers are registered to which is another company....another company that PureVPN has a contract with to provide their VPN server location in city X in country Y.   All VPN Service providers do that....they don't "actually" have their own VPN servers with their own companies employees at every location around the world,; instead they just contract/rent/lease VPN servers with other companies in various cities in various countries.

From the Symphony website:

Symphony is the neutral premium telecom network service provider.

Our fiber optic networks bring in efficient data transmission to corporate enterprises and other telecommunication companies that need rapid data transmission We focus on customer requirements, proposed network design and supplies solution which can meet different requirements of any business industries (Customization) together with technical supports by experienced & skilled network experts. Our services offered under Telecommunication License Type II, can be categorized as follows

To me this sounds like Symphony does not do business with private end-users.

So I guess that Si-Net buys services from Symphony and resells it to end-users.

But still the IP addresses belong to Symphony.

Also don't expect that the IP address "location" always comes close to your actual location.

I am on ToT fiber and get anything from 100 km to 400 km away.

My current address is shown by different sites as:

• Nong Khai Pak Khat
  • Sukothai Si Samrong
  • 09(???) Khlong Tan :biggrin:
  • Bangkok Bangkok

Nothing close to my real location.

https://www.iplocation.net/

On 15.9.2017 at 9:04 AM, gennisis said:

reat confusion on this,and it is probably effecting my Android box signing in.

But why do you think that this difference in location would affect your Android box?