Five regions warned of heavy rains brought by storm Doksuri

webfact

Five regions warned of heavy rains brought by storm Doksuri

By The Nation

The Meteorological Department has warned residents of many provinces in five regions of the country to brace for possible heavy downpour on Friday and Saturday because of the influence of Typhoon Doksuri and the southwest monsoon.

In its warning issued at 4am on Friday, the department said Typhoon Doksuri over the South China Sea was centred 480 kilometres southeast of Vinh, Vietnam, at a latitude of 17.8 degrees North, longitude 107.9 degrees East, with maximum sustained winds at about 130km per hour. 

It said the storm is moving west-northwest at speeds of 25kph and it is expected to move through Tonkin Bay and make landfall over Vinh in Vietnam on Friday and then downgrade to a tropical storm over Laos and upper Northeast Thailand. 

The storm, coupled with a strong southwest monsoon prevailing over the Andaman Sea and the South, would unleash torrential downpour in the North, the Northeast, the Central, the East and the South, the warning said. 

The following provinces will be affected: 

On Friday: 

North: Nan, Phrae, Phayao , Uttaradit, Phetchabun, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Lamphun, Lampang, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai , Mae Hong Son and Tak.

Northeast: Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhon, Mukdahan, Bueng Kan, Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Amnart Charoen, Yasothon, Roi Et, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, Ranong, Phang-Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.

On Saturday:

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Lamphun, Lampang, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet and Tak.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin and Nakhon Ratchasima.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Ranong, Phang-Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326742

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-15

Saw it here; refresh the page ..

https://www.cyclocane.com/doksuri-storm-tracker/

Living not far from Sawang Daen Din in Sakon Nakhon province we had a huge storm yesterday evening and as strange as it's possible no " electric cut " except two or three very mini power cuts..less than a second each .

This morning was raining without wind and at 11 am still raining; we will have rain all the day and surely tomorrow.

Hope like today, without wind...

Category 2 Typhoon at landfall in Vietnam predicted to be the strongest in 10 years. Looks like the track has shifted W from WNW which could bring the centre of the storm over Nong Khai instead of further north in Laos. Most of northern Thailand will be affected to some degree but hope the areas hit hard by TS Sonca are not too badly affected. Here in Chaiyaphum it is clouding up but no sign of any wind or rain just yet. There is plenty of rain showing up on the Khon Kaen radar though so expecting things to go downhill from late afternoon onwards.

http://www.thaiwater.net/TyphoonTracking/radarImages/KKN/KKN_lastest.html

40 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Living not far from Sawang Daen Din in Sakon Nakhon province we had a huge storm yesterday evening and as strange as it's possible no " electric cut " except two or three very mini power cuts..less than a second each .

This morning was raining without wind and at 11 am still raining; we will have rain all the day and surely tomorrow.

Here in Kalasin yesterday about 3 PM.. huge wind and thunder.. but only a few drops of rain..  today light shower at the moment..  This is quite a good site for tracking the weather.. anywhere in the world..  'Ventusky'..  bottom left is a calendar you can change the date to track..      https://www.ventusky.com/?p=16.6;103.6;5&l=rain-3h&t=20170915/00

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I don't know where you live but I had to  drive into the centre of Sawang Daen Din. The rain was so heavy i could barely see the road. The main road through town (route 22) was totally flooded. All traffic lights were out and a total electricity blackout for over one hour where I live and all this at dinner time 8 pm. Really annoying.

19 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

As long as it doesn,t rain in Spain ! After tomorrow,s booze price increase I am flying there to get pie-eyed, but someone said that the planes in Spain fall mainly in the rain !

Ha!.. Quote I saw earlier today... 'I'm not drunk... just exhausted from drinking all night..'... beating the tax increase! 

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

That is a nice Website - yes :wink:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=16.6;103.6;5&l=rain-3h&t=20170915/00

I had the same experience - living in that area too

and was surprised also - even would have taken a bet that electricity would stop for some time - but same - good :wink:

That your and mine main shopping Center LOTUS, Sawang Den Din is closed for 3? month after deep flooding

and opens in October surprised me - but possibly they do there now a planned up grade more early - then planned.

:smile:

You know details? 

Edited by ALFREDO

Pissing down in Kalasin now.. looks like it is set in for the night.. we got flooded with Sonca.. hopefully not again... This system is headed for the north west.. Chiang Mai etc..  AND.. there is another system approaching that area from the Adman Sea.. it will all eventually go down the Chao Praya.. and pass through BKK..  2011 again??

Had quite heavy rain all day in Somdet (Kalasin Province). With the same or worse predicted on Saturday I guess the bridges will collapse again. Some are still being repaired from the three solid days of rain we had a few weeks ago, and a field behind my house is still flooded from then. Provides a nice swimming pool for the dogs :smile:

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

As long as it doesn,t rain in Spain ! After tomorrow,s booze price increase I am flying there to get pie-eyed, but someone said that the planes in Spain fall mainly in the rain !

Time to start wheeling the George Bernard Shaw jokes yet?  Can't refer to them as GBS jokes. incase someone doesn't undsrstand. 55! (Doesn't warrent a 555)

5 hours ago, Howiehotspur said:

Nothing in Pattaya ..little bit of rain Thursday night .

Friday night......... I just drove back to Pattaya from Ban Chang (South Of Pattaya) and had a few heavy downpours.............. It may be on the way...............