Visa

Hello
No doubt this has been asked many times
I live and am from UK
Married to Thai lady
Have house in Pattaya
I'm looking for a thailand multi entry visa
I think I have to take proof of uk salary to embassy in Bangkok to get them write letter confirming ??? Is that correct
Also a uk bank statement showing 5K in bank for 6 months ????
My uk salary is equivalent to around 76,000 Thai baht a month obviously paid into my uk bank
I have my salary wage slips
We have s house in Pattaya
What do I need bring to Thailand with me if I just land and get 30 days normal visa
Can I get a multi entry long stay at Imigration office in jomtien
Guidance required
Advice appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A multiple entry visa is only issued by an embassy or consulate.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration and then you could get a multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid if you want to travel.

You should first get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. That would allow a 90 day entry that can be extended at immigration. It is possible to apply for the 90 day non immigrant visa at immigration but it would be easier to apply for the non-o visa at the embassy in London.

Info for getting a inocme letter from the UK embassy in Bangkok is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Would you be apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage or retirement if you are 50 or over. Your income meets the 65k baht income requirement for retirement.

The 5k baht in the bank for 6 months is for a multiple entry tourist visa applied for at the embassy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drb said:

I'm looking for a thailand multi entry visa

If you are already in Thailand you can get a ME non-immigrant visa from the Thai consulate in Savannakhet, Laos. No financial proof is needed. That would be valid for as many entries as you want for 1 year from the date the visa is issued. Every time you enter the country you get permission to stay for 90 days. At the end of 90 days you can apply for a 60 day extension (1,900), or leave the country. After a 90/150 days you need to leave the country . You can immediately return, at most borders, for a new 90 day permit to stay. Alternatively, you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay towards the end of any 90/150 day stay.

If you apply for a 1 year extension of stay you would need to take proof of your income to the British Embassy. They will give you a letter confirming your income (not the source) that you can give to immigration as proof of your income. You don't need to show UK bank statements. They are of no use. Once you have the 1 year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple entry re-entry permit that would allow you to come and go during the year. It costs 3,800 baht.

If you are permanently living in the country then a 1 year extension of stay/ME re-entry permit is the best option. If you spend a lot of time in the UK and visit frequently then the ME non-immigrant visa would be all you need. The ME visa is also available for the Thai Embassy in London when you're in the UK.

If you are already in Thailand you can get a ME non-immigrant visa from the Thai consulate in Savannakhet, Laos. No financial proof is needed. That would be valid for as many entries as you want for 1 year from the date the visa is issued. Every time you enter the country you get permission to stay for 90 days. At the end of 90 days you can apply for a 60 day extension (1,900), or leave the country. After a 90/150 days you need to leave the country . You can immediately return, at most borders, for a new 90 day permit to stay. Alternatively, you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay towards the end of any 90/150 day stay.

If you apply for a 1 year extension of stay you would need to take proof of your income to the British Embassy. They will give you a letter confirming your income (not the source) that you can give to immigration as proof of your income. You don't need to show UK bank statements. They are of no use. Once you have the 1 year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple entry re-entry permit that would allow you to come and go during the year. It costs 3,800 baht.

If you are permanently living in the country then a 1 year extension of stay/ME re-entry permit is the best option. If you spend a lot of time in the UK and visit frequently then the ME non-immigrant visa would be all you need. The ME visa is also available for the Thai Embassy in London when you're in the UK.

Sorry but I'm still confused
Ok u want stay bext visit for 90 days then come back uk
I can I know get a 90 day visa from London that's £125 in uk
Is it better and cheaper just get a 30 day stamp at bkk airport then go fit Imigration and get extension for 60 days could I do that ??? Do you know cost of that extra 60 days

2 hours ago, drb said:

Is it better and cheaper just get a 30 day stamp at bkk airport then go fit Imigration and get extension for 60 days could I do that ??? Do you know cost of that extra 60 days

You could get the single entry non-o visa, then extend the 90 days from it for 60 days (1900 baht) to visit your wife and obtain a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep the remainder of the 60 days when you return. Then apply for a one year extension of stay if you want to.

You could also get a 30 day visa exempt entry for 60 days to visit your wife.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drb said:

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, your looking for a multi entry Visa that will allow you to visit Thailand throughout the year and return to the UK for work?

In that case the multi entry Non Imm O Visa obtained from London (£125) based on marriage to a Thai is the one your after.

You will need a copy of your marriage certificate, wife's House book and her ID card.

The Visa is valid for 1 year and allows multiple entries of up 90 days.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, your looking for a multi entry Visa that will allow you to visit Thailand throughout the year and return to the UK for work?
In that case the multi entry Non Imm O Visa obtained from London (£125) based on marriage to a Thai is the one your after.
You will need a copy of your marriage certificate, wife's House book and her ID card.

The Visa is valid for 1 year and allows multiple entries of up 90 days.

Guys your great I now know I have 2 options just land which gives me 30 days then go with my wife get 60 day extension AM I CORRECT ????
Or do I have to BUY a 30 day visa in uk

You could get the single entry non-o visa, then extend the 90 days from it for 60 days (1900 baht) to visit your wife and obtain a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep the remainder of the 60 days when you return. Then apply for a one year extension of stay if you want to.
You could also get a 30 day visa exempt entry for 60 days to visit your wife.

So I need BUY a 30 day non 0 visa here in UK before I come ??????
Just to be clear
My wife lives with me in UK she's on her second uk visa here for 30 months
I'm just trying get things right
We have many things to do on our house hence Need stay 90 days
Also 1,900 baht is s lot cheaper than £125

If you only want to stay for 90 days, get a single entry tourist visa (£25) , and the 60-day extension (1,900 baht, easy to get with your wife with you).

Hi Tim
Just checking do I need buy that visa from London not simply land and get 40 day stamp st airport
Take it the airport stamp is not the same thing as 30 day visa from London
???

14 minutes ago, drb said:

Guys your great I now know I have 2 options just land which gives me 30 days then go with my wife get 60 day extension AM I CORRECT ????
Or do I have to BUY a 30 day visa in uk

You can get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you enter the country and extend it for 60 days to visit your wife for a fee of 1900 baht. You may be asked by the airline for a ticket out of the country within 30 days to board your flight to here.

You don't have to get a visa before you arrive. There is no 30 day visa you can get.

10 minutes ago, drb said:

We have many things to do on our house hence Need stay 90 days
Also 1,900 baht is s lot cheaper than £125

A single entry non-o visa that would give a 90 day entry is only 50 pounds. From London embassy website.

4. Non-Immigrant (3 months validity / Up to 90 days / Single Entry)  50 pounds

Fifty pounds is about 2200 baht at todays exchange rate.

1 hour ago, drb said:

Hi Tim
Just checking do I need buy that visa from London not simply land and get 40 day stamp st airport
Take it the airport stamp is not the same thing as 30 day visa from London
???

A tourist visa must be purchased in advance. It provides a 60-day initial stay. Arriving without a visa, you receive a 30-day visa exempt entry. The reason I recommend getting the visa is that, without, the airline at check in is likely to insist that you must have an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days. You may be able to sweet talk the airline into letting you board without. Alternatively, there are cheap throw away tickets you could choose to buy. I just think it better to avoid the onward flight issue completely by getting a visa.

A tourist visa can be applied for by mail from London. Depending on where you live, though, the best way to get a tourist visa is often by visiting one of the honorary consulates in person, where they will issue you with the visa while you wait.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you enter the country and extend it for 60 days to visit your wife for a fee of 1900 baht. You may be asked by the airline for a ticket out of the country within 30 days to board your flight to here.

You don't have to get a visa before you arrive. There is no 30 day visa you can get.

A single entry non-o visa that would give a 90 day entry is only 50 pounds. From London embassy website.

Fifty pounds is about 2200 baht at todays exchange rate.

oka , Joe . now my question :  entering the country on visa exempt entry , can i apply and get extention permit of stay for one year (based on marriage) ?

Edited by silverado1

7 minutes ago, silverado1 said:

oka , Joe . now my question :  entering the country on visa exempt entry , can i apply and get extention permit of stay for one year (based on marriage) ?

You would first have to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry before you could apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of the entry. The visa and extension of stay application would both require the same financial requirements and required documents that includes having you wife with you when you apply for them. You would need at least 15 days remaining on the 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it to apply for the visa.

If at all possible it would be best to get a single entry non-o visa before entering the country,

1 hour ago, silverado1 said:

You mentioned Pattaya, which is covered by the Jomtien immigration office - one of the worst possible places to try to get a conversion to Non-O from a Tourist or Exempt entry, which you would need to do before applying for the 1-year extension. 

Much better to show up with a Non-O from London, simply due to the "Jomtien Immigration Desk #7" factor.  Since you cannot use another office, you could end up having to go to Laos or somewhere else in the region to get your initial Non-O - as I did, because I also live in the Jomtien/Pattaya area. 

According to other reports, annual extensions in Jomtien are no problem, because they are handled by different IOs who are not averse to doing their job (Desk #6 for Marriage-based).

12 hours ago, drb said:

If you only want to stay for 90 days, and don't plan anymore trips within a year, then a Single Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa based on your marriage is the best/probably cheapest option. It only costs £50 and is easy to get with just your marriage certificate and wifes Thai ID or passport.

A "30 day stamp" is free, but the airline you fly with might insist on you haveing an onward fight out of Thailand within 30 days of entry, so you need to factor in the potential cost of that. A 60 day extension casts 1,900 baht, which is getting on for £50 at the current exchange rate.

Your options seem to be:

1. Single entry Non Immigarnt 'O' visa - £50 (90 days).
  2. Single entry Tourist Visa - £25 (60 days), then a 30/60 day extension. Either cost 1,900 baht (approx £42).
  3. Vise Exempt entry - Free but possibly the need for a onward flight out of Thailand £?, then a 30/60 day extension. Either cost 1,900 baht (approx £42).

I would go for option 1.

If you are planning more trips within a year then a Multiple Entry Non- 'O' visa at £125 would be the best oprtion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

You mentioned Pattaya, which is covered by the Jomtien immigration office - one of the worst possible places to try to get a conversion to Non-O from a Tourist or Exempt entry, which you would need to do before applying for the 1-year extension. 

Much better to show up with a Non-O from London, simply due to the "Jomtien Immigration Desk #7" factor.  Since you cannot use another office, you could end up having to go to Laos or somewhere else in the region to get your initial Non-O - as I did, because I also live in the Jomtien/Pattaya area. 

According to other reports, annual extensions in Jomtien are no problem, because they are handled by different IOs who are not averse to doing their job (Desk #6 for Marriage-based).

understood you and ubonJoe wrote , but i 'll come to thailand (4 october) with visa exemption then immediatly marry my gf (in kapchoeng).. As the IO told me befor , (based on his promises last year) i hope to get this 1year extention of stay based on marriage : if not accepted , iknow what i have to do (plan B) : going to savanakhet and get the marriage visa.... i will let you know  what will happen... Must say that every year i stay in kapchoeng (3/6 month a year) and meet the IO quasi every day... maybe this fact can infuences the decision (unexpected positive AND without any bribe).....

55 minutes ago, silverado1 said:

understood you and ubonJoe wrote , but i 'll come to thailand (4 october) with visa exemption then immediatly marry my gf (in kapchoeng).. As the IO told me befor , (based on his promises last year) i hope to get this 1year extention of stay based on marriage : if not accepted , iknow what i have to do (plan B) : going to savanakhet and get the marriage visa.... i will let you know  what will happen... Must say that every year i stay in kapchoeng (3/6 month a year) and meet the IO quasi every day... maybe this fact can infuences the decision (unexpected positive AND without any bribe).....

OK.  It sounds like you are prepared with a contengency plan - easy to get a Non-O based on Marriage at Savanakhet. 
My advise on your next planning step - have your GF ask the Kapchoeng amphoe what is required for you to marry her based on your nationality.  Requirements vary by amphoe and nationality. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm very sorry to ask again
But circumstances have changed
We have lost someone very dear to us in Thailand
Is it possible to simply come and get 30 day stamp at airport
Then go to Imigration at jomtien and get extension for 60 days
I ask because due to the death I'm not sure date travel and date return and I'm not sure I could get visa from thai embassy quickly I have to rely on post as can't get to London
Anyway think you will understand predicament

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, drb said:

I'm very sorry to ask again
But circumstances have changed
We have lost someone very dear to us in Thailand
Is it possible to simply come and get 30 day stamp at airport
Then go to Imigration at jomtien and get extension for 60 days
I ask because due to the death I'm not sure date travel and date return and I'm not sure I could get visa from thai embassy quickly I have to rely on post as can't get to London
Anyway think you will understand predicament

On entering VisaExempt - You may need to be able to show a flight leaving Thailand within 30 days to board the plane and/or obtain your VisaExempt at the Thai airport-checkpoint.  You could purchase a cheap throwaway ticket for this - AirAsia to KL or similar - to meet this pointless requirement.

For the 60-day extension at Jomtien, your wife needs to be with you to apply, and you will need residence proof which matches a TM-30 report you will file just after you arrive (best to do the 1st day immigration is open to avoid any fine).  You said you "Have house in Pattaya" - in wife's name?  If so signed copies of her ID, her housebook, plus proof she owns the house (if her home-housebook is different) will work.

Hi Jack
I won't be staying 30 days it will be longer so won't have my return ticket showing return within the 30 days
That's why I'm asking get 30 stamp on arrival can I get extension inside jomtien

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

48 minutes ago, drb said:

Hi Jack
I won't be staying 30 days it will be longer so won't have my return ticket showing return within the 30 days

That is why you may need to buy a "throwaway" ticket - approx 1000 Baht - so you can board your flight without a Visa, and also be able to show that exiting ticket when passing through Thai immigration.

48 minutes ago, drb said:

That's why I'm asking get 30 stamp on arrival can I get extension inside jomtien

This is a 2nd, separate issue.  What I outlined in my 2nd paragraph above is the formula to get the 60-day extension without any problems.  It involves 2 steps:

• Upon arrival in Jomtien, file a TM-30 the first day Jomtien Immigration is open.  This is reporting that an "alien" is residing at your residence (required even if it is a condo you own).
  • In the last 2 weeks of your 30-day entry, apply for the 60-day "visit wife" extension at Jomtien Immigration.

2 hours ago, drb said:

Where do you live? If you are reasonably close to one of the UK honorary consulates, you should be able to get a tourist visa (60-day initial entry with the possibility of a 60-day extension) while you wait. For instance, I applied in Cardiff about 18 months ago, and the visa took 20 minutes. It is advisable to phone or email them in advance, just to ensure the consul is going to be there when you arrive. With a tourist visa, you will not need to worry about return/onward flight reservations.

• Like 1