DHL said they delivered but i didnt get the parcel

Samacha

13 minutes ago, Samacha said:

yeah he told me he has delivered right to my address, and he remembered my face and took a photo off me.  well that cant be because he never turned up.

has he sent you the photo ?

Have had a few thing delivered DHL and they have never taken my photo.

Edited by Techno Viking

Just now, Techno Viking said:

has he sent you the photo ?

no thats the thing, the DHL call center just keeping tell me that they have a photo off me, but when i ask for signature and my photo they just keep on saying it and well...... dont anwser streight. and they sound a bit aggressively on the phone..... its khon kaen DHL

thats the place:

https://www.google.com/search?q=khon kaen dhl&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=16437312,102815366,1909&tbm=lcl&rldimm=33088189051649412&ved=0ahUKEwi29qqR_a3WAhXMPI8KHa9nBsoQvS4IRDAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m4!1e17!4m2!17m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4#gws_rd=cr&rlfi=hd:;si:33088189051649412;mv:!1m3!1d7015.7155556341695!2d102.8153666!3d16.43731285!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i867!2i352!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e3!2m4!1e17!4m2!17m1!1e2!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4

Have had a number of parcels sent to me (by means of DHL) in Thailand.

Parcels from Germany, UK, Netherlands and Norway.

Have not received a single one.

Most were returned to sender, some just vanished into the blue.

I actually find Thai Post quite good. Beats local and international couriers hands down.

15 minutes ago, Samacha said:

I asked DHL on email and thats the reponse, makes me so confuse OMG :

The numbers you posted does not come anywhere close to the one for a DHL shipment I received from Lazada recently. It was DMP100225XXXX . The X's were actually numbers but for privacy reasons I did the X's.

53 minutes ago, Samacha said:

yeah he told me he has delivered right to my address, and he remembered my face and took a photo off me.  well that cant be because he never turned up.

So you spoke to him first when he called you to find out where your house was.

Then you called him to find out where he was and he said he had delivered already?

Both the JIB and ubonjoe's Lazada DHL tracking numbers don't fit DHL's standard format so assume they are a local variant for DHLeCommerce which may be a local, national courier service rather than DHL Express worldwide. Very confusing indeed.

Doesn't matter who DHL KK claim they have a photo of, it isn't the OP. The only thing I can suggest is fronting up at their office armed with the paperwork (and your own face) and find out which delivery guy reckons he handed over the package to the OP. The OP has the delivery guys phone number so that may be handy if he suddenly becomes 'invisible' at the office. If he does disappear, then file a police complaint and go back and tell them as much, preferably with a cop in tow.

The picture taking malarkey is an obvious obfuscation but be prepared for disappointment as they circle their wagons and get all defensive. If the card charge can be recovered, then it's JIB's problem as they will be out of pocket. However, don't rule out that they'll come after the OP when DHL KK say they delivered, have picture and other bullsh!t claims.

Good luck anyway.

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That's about it or that is what actually happened? They are dicking about so you better not be getting light on accuracy and details.

thats exactly what happend mate. That delivery guy couldnt speak a word of english, so it was hard for me to explain to him. He just said okay okay, sir. So i guess he understood me what i try to tell him where my place was. But as i said he never turned up. i waited till 6 PM. 

Edited by Samacha

If you don't speak Thai then why get things delivered by courier?

I have lived in Thailand since 1974 and never had a problem with DHL, EMS or Fedex. Of course in the old days none of these services existed upcountry. Last week, Lazada, through DHL, delivered two blue-tooth mouses to my house. No problem but all directions to my house were given by me in Thai. I also had coffee beans delivered last week by courier. In both instances, the courier guys rang me in advance asking for exact directions to my house and a delivery time. 

I think it is expecting way too much to expect an upcountry delivery person to speak English. Maybe there lies the problem. Breakdown in communication. 

6 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

I have lived in Thailand since 1974 and never had a problem with DHL, EMS or Fedex. Of course in the old days none of these services existed upcountry. Last week, Lazada, through DHL, delivered two blue-tooth mouses to my house. No problem but all directions to my house were given by me in Thai. I also had coffee beans delivered last week by courier. In both instances, the courier guys rang me in advance asking for exact directions to my house and a delivery time. 

I think it is expecting way too much to expect an upcountry delivery person to speak English. Maybe there lies the problem. Breakdown in communication. 

I am thai(dad is Aussie), i been living in Europe and the US in the past 28 years off my life. Well you can say i mix in some couple word off thai inside my conversation, but yeah most i spoke in English.

I dont expect them to speak English, at least know how to deliver to the right place and also dont screw customers over if they did wrong.

I never had any trouble with FedEx btw, or the Thai post. They seem to know where my place is without asking. I usely order things from eBay, Ali express or amazon. well this time i tried a local online shop out.

Edited by Samacha

12 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

Is it too much to expect the drivers to know how to use Google Maps on a smartphone? I've had a couple of items delivered by DHL and a few by Kerry, and I don't understand why they have such a ridiculous system of asking people for directions over the phone. Then again, I don't understand why fast food delivery staff call every single time to ask where we live - don't they have computers in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Mark1066 said:

Is it too much to expect the drivers to know how to use Google Maps on a smartphone? I've had a couple of items delivered by DHL and a few by Kerry, and I don't understand why they have such a ridiculous system of asking people for directions over the phone. Then again, I don't understand why fast food delivery staff call every single time to ask where we live - don't they have computers in Thailand?

The pretty broad inability of the locals to make sense of any sort of map is the stuff of legend. If you look at Thai websites that don't use web-based maps for their business location but insert some map graphic instead, you will see that it is all parallel lines, few curves, no scale with references to PTT pump stations, banks and 7-elevens. Nine times out of ten, they don't even use the standard 'north up' references.

tiob.jpg.067a906d23f256993d47af781fd5a3a4.jpg

smce.thumb.jpg.92878d5eea4592c12c2d9bd3b6c66469.jpg

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The pretty broad inability of the locals to make sense of any sort of map is the stuff of legend. If you look at Thai websites that don't use web-based maps for their business location but insert some map graphic instead, you will see that it is all parallel lines, few curves, no scale with references to PTT pump stations, banks and 7-elevens. Nine times out of ten, they don't even use the standard 'north up' references.

I hadn't thought about that but with cheap smartphones costing only a couple of thousand baht and turn-by-turn directions available on Google Maps, I would have thought that DHL could have made use of the technology even if it's beyond the reach of McThai and the Pizza Company (?!)

However, thinking back to when I was last in a Bangkok taxi, maybe the locals can't get to grips with turn-by-turn directions either. I was using this functionality to find a hotel I had never been to before but at the same time as I was following the directions, the taxi driver was trying to find the road I told him the hotel was in by using the satellite view of the map on his phone...

Well DHL came again to my door step and well and they were quite aggressively. This time with 3 people, saying they will law suit me. 

They claim that they delivered everything to me and showed me my signature(which its not), they also claim that they maid a picture of me getting the parcel.

I ask them to provide the evidence and show me it now, they said they have it in their office. Now they somehow saying that i didn't pay for the stuff i purchase(does it make any sense to you guys?), well my bank can confirm i paid it. And what the hell has anything to do with if i paid it or not, its JIB that handles that not DHL. And yeah i paid it via VISA.

Well it was intense and a bit heated....... i never experience anything like that as customer in my lifetime. Seems to be normal in Thailand, if you cant talk probably in English you start to shout.

The driver and some people that are manager or whatever turned up. 

Should i report this to the police first or wait till JIB or my bank clears it up? I do have a lawyer that can handle this kind of things. Need some advise thank you.

5 minutes ago, Samacha said:

Well DHL came again to my door step and well and they were quite aggressively. This time with 3 people, saying they will law suit me. 

You should say " 3 people who work for DHL came......"

DHL itself is not stealing, but dishonest empolyees do.

1 minute ago, siam2007 said:

You should say " 3 people who work for DHL came......"

DHL itself is not stealing, but dishonest empolyees do.

yeah i meant that, 1 driver and some other people that spoke english (badly). My Point is should i report it to the police or let JIB or my Bank handle it?

Edited by Samacha

10 minutes ago, Samacha said:

They claim that they delivered everything to me and showed me my signature(which its not), they also claim that they maid a picture of me getting the parcel.

I ask them to provide the evidence and show me it now, they said they have it in their office. Now they somehow saying that i didn't pay for the stuff i purchase(does it make any sense to you guys?), well my bank can confirm i paid it. And what the hell has anything to do with if i paid it or not, its JIB that handles that not DHL. And yeah i paid it via VISA.

Well it was intense and a bit heated....... i never experience anything like that as customer in my lifetime. Seems to be normal in Thailand, if you cant talk probably in English you start to shout.

The driver and some people that are manager or whatever turned up. 

Should i report this to the police first or wait till JIB or my bank clears it up? I do have a lawyer that can handle this kind of things. Need some advise thank you.

Sorry started to disbelive this now. All a bit to wobbly now. You go report it to the police if you say you was threatened with a law suit. 

Just now, Techno Viking said:

why not go to their office to see their proof ?

Already been and they couldn't provide me with anything. They just keep arguing that they have proof and they cant seem to show me anything after i ask them. 

I been to their office in Khon kaen (Sri Chant Rd)  a couple days ago, and today they just turn up on my doorstep and trying to argue with me.

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Sorry started to disbelive this now. All a bit to wobbly now. You go report it to the police if you say you was threatened with a law suit. 

Whats their to disbelieve? I just asked if i should file a complain with the police or let JIB or my Bank handle it? JIB and Bank both said its DHL fault. 

Sympathies if you don't have a good local thai friend or relationship. No point in progressing. Otherwise it has got to a point of principal and I would have no hesitation in getting said Thai/pooyai ban/local police and if necessary a lawyer involved and bu&&er the cost!  

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Sympathies if you don't have a good local thai friend or relationship. No point in progressing. Otherwise it has got to a point of principal and I would have no hesitation in getting said Thai/pooyai ban/local police and if necessary a lawyer involved and bu&&er the cost!  

Yes you will need a good thai speaker 

? did you go to the top man at DHL or just the front desk jockey 

!!! Well it looks like the thugs are warning you (thai way ) - I would rip Dhl just for that (but be carefull 3 people may lose their job ) 

At the end of the day you will be paid back , but it is certainly a matter of principal & them unable to show any evidence